• 4(current)
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center
sialivi Wrote:When only looking at the images in the post above, the image on the right is instantly recognizable as Metro UI. The image on the left however is not. I doubt many people are familiar with early concept versions and why should they? They were rejected for a reason.

I stand by my opinion that alternate designs should be left, well, "alternate" and the final design should be the main goal. Leave the early concepts for alternate themes or mods.

I completely understand what you are afraid of but I believe that by reworking through the design process that was once performed by Microsoft we can see as to why some decisions were made. It may be that some of the basic design principles were discarded simply because of screen size or it could be that it added nothing to usability, but it is up to us to find out. In other words, strict adherence to design principles established for a phone will create usability problems on a large screen.

In my opinion c2 (concept 2) introduces some unique ideas that should be considered for the final revision, and at a point this early in the design process all I am worried about is ideas.
It's the font family/size/color/spacing/weight I'm really disliking and I don't quite see how that change is more suitable for the big screen. *shrug*
The font family is still Segoe WP so I don't see as to why that would be a problem, I think the issue you are having is that all the fonts are no longer light. The concept behind Metro UI is not to create an interface stricken with light typefaces but instead one that allows for content to be accessed easily and sticking strictly to Segoe WP Light won't allow that. At least thats what some of my early mockups have shown to me.
sialivi Wrote:It's the font family/size/color/spacing/weight I'm really disliking and I don't quite see how that change is more suitable for the big screen. *shrug*

Shouldn't be too hard to mod once the skin is released.
This post is primarily just to organize what has happened so far with some new information posted.

Revisions:

Concerns:

• Straying too far from the WP7 iteration of Metro UI
• Controls
Thumbs Up 
Dvorac Wrote:This post is primarily just to organize what has happened so far with some new information posted.
I like the first column the best.
Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to work the two ideas into one now and probably will for a long time. Here is the header section as of now:

And music preview:

(Added to list of revisions)
Update: Final music for Concept4 which will most likely be close to the final design. Additionally, I am previewing alt-C4 which is not intended for large screens nor is it the primary color scheme but I thought it would be fun to mess with the idea.

Final Music - Concept 4

Concept 4 Alt Preview

Love it !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Looking sharp!
New designs, but before I go on I just wanted to clarify that the primary goal of this project is to serve as a skin; however, I am also trying to imagine what XBMC could be one day too, so plugins will most likely be necessary.

New notification center:

Messaging system:

Full View - Messaging
Are you going to actually make this skin?
loggio Wrote:Are you going to actually make this skin?

Eventually, yes. But as I have stated before I will be starting classes again on Monday so it will most likely take me a long time to finish it as I am sadly only one person. And just so you know the mockup stage is going to take me a while because there is no reason in going on and coding a skin if it is going to change drastically (but I think I have finally found what I am looking for in Concept4).

Television Hub: Hub idea complete and can be easily changed for each section.

Dug this design up from about a month ago and thought it was good enough to post. Metro info view with very little attention paid to time and library elements.

Just wanted to say that this skin looks brilliant and I hope you can create this. It would be my number 1 for sure!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metro UI Media Center2