• 6(current)
Win HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library
i tryed it was saying 404 not found but that was when i was still having syntak errors in the html string so maybe it will work now i'll check
still doesnt work it says broken link and xbmc doesnt respond to it
Strange. Indeed, wget responds with a error message like:
Code:
der: No such file or directory
No URLs found in der.

However I can see the library update window in XBMC GUI (and it actually updates library). I have a 2 monitor configuration on my primary PC and can run XBMC and Windows CLI at the same time.
I use the latest nightly builds if this matters.
The main reason I went the vbs-route was that running wget using a batch would steal focus from xbmc when a torrent got finished. Doesn't your solution do that Hack_kid?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I don't know my xbmc runs on a different machine then utorrent and my media
Isn't it possible to supress. The cmd. Window with a command
watzen Wrote:The main reason I went the vbs-route was that running wget using a batch would steal focus from xbmc when a torrent got finished. Doesn't your solution do that Hack_kid?

I have created a shortcut for the scanning .cmd script with "Run:Mimimized" and also disabled balloon notifications in uTorrent. Several tests showed that XBMC remains in focus while Video library is being scanned.
Strangely enough, but the command "start /B" does not work in uTorrent.
lol today i test the vbs scripts again and they work? wtf
FYI: I've just updated uTorrent to 3.0 and the script still works as expected.
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
i think i had a bad version of xbmc from git today the vbscript is fine it probably had something to do with spaces as the vb script i never had to use + for space like i did in the bat file i'm guessing this is because vb parses the spaces. but for some reason xbmc wasnt liking the spaces on that particular build i was using which is odd but only thing i can think of. i converted all spaces to + to keep that from happening again
Okay so I've been playing around with this and I've got a problem - the script runs and sends notifications but it is not auto updating the library.
Things I've checked:

The path of the update file is correct, c:/update/update.vbs is the path and it is in uTorrent.

The web interface settings in the file are correct and work in my browser. (http://xbmc:password@localhost:80)

The run program commands appear to be the correct format:
c:\update\update.vbs -U "%N" "%L"
c:\update\update.vbs -S "%M" "%N"

Library finds the files when manually updating, the only thing I can think of is the sourcePath in update.vbs is set to "D:\" because each show is labelled "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season". Is this the correct format?
Begall Wrote:Okay so I've been playing around with this and I've got a problem - the script runs and sends notifications but it is not auto updating the library.
Things I've checked:

The path of the update file is correct, c:/update/update.vbs is the path and it is in uTorrent.

The web interface settings in the file are correct and work in my browser. (http://xbmc:password@localhost:80)

The run program commands appear to be the correct format:
c:\update\update.vbs -U "%N" "%L"
c:\update\update.vbs -S "%M" "%N"

Library finds the files when manually updating, the only thing I can think of is the sourcePath in update.vbs is set to "D:\" because each show is labelled "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season". Is this the correct format?

I think the problem could be one of two or a combination of both.

1. when merging "D:\" with "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season" you get "D:\/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season", which is incorrect. So either remove the "\" from "D:\" or the starting "/" from "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season".

2. you might want to try to change the "/"'s in the labels to "\"
Thanks for the help, gave it a go with the first suggestion and it didn't seem to make any difference. Not a big deal now, because I found an auto updating library addon which should do the same job, if not quite as clean! However, the notifications are still handy.

One thing I was wondering though, is there any way to have utorrent automatically pull the video files out of all the other rubbish that tends to be packaged with video files? I know it's possible to do when queueing files manually, but a way to avoid having to go into the files every few months to clean out rubbish would be nice.
Edited this script thoroughly to get it to work with my setup. I don't label my torrents based on their showname. I label them under different criteria. I have my RSS feed autodownload to the specific folder where they should be stored. You can have the script ignore torrents based on their label via an includes section, as well as send notifications to multiple xbmc and update library via only one (for mysql library users) or you can send notifications to multiple AND update on each (for separate library users.) Also eliminates sourcePath and retrieves the path via uTorrents %D option.

See the script here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120615

watzen Wrote:I think the problem could be one of two or a combination of both.

1. when merging "D:\" with "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season" you get "D:\/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season", which is incorrect. So either remove the "\" from "D:\" or the starting "/" from "/Downloads/TV Shows/SHOW/Season".

2. you might want to try to change the "/"'s in the labels to "\"

The problem there is that if the share is over SMB, xbmc needs to see "/" but if its local, it needs to see "\" Maybe some logic to determine in the first two characters are a drive letter (dSmile or a network share (\\). I'll work on adding that to my version linked above.

Without changing your labels, you can try adding the following lines

Quote:myPath = Replace(myPath,"/","\")
myPath = Replace(myPath,"\\","\")

directly after myPath is defined. (line myPath = Replace(WScript.Arguments.Item(2)," ","%20")) That should turn D:\/downloads/etc/etc/ into D:\\downloads\etc\etc\ into D:\downloads\etc\etc\.

Begall Wrote:One thing I was wondering though, is there any way to have utorrent automatically pull the video files out of all the other rubbish that tends to be packaged with video files? I know it's possible to do when queueing files manually, but a way to avoid having to go into the files every few months to clean out rubbish would be nice.

If you aren't having uTorrent run this script when finishing torrents, you could easily add create a script to delete any files with the extensions you want upon completion of torrent. I would personally make it only run when a Torrent changes to "Finished" and set your seeding rules to share back at least 1.0.
i'm just having problems with utorrent auto downloading....

i just can't seem to get it to download the episodes. i have a filter with the name of the show, i set it as 1x1-99 for the episodes for season 1, but, it just will not auto start. i have to right click each torrent in the feed and manually start the download.
svtfmook Wrote:i'm just having problems with utorrent auto downloading....

i just can't seem to get it to download the episodes. i have a filter with the name of the show, i set it as 1x1-99 for the episodes for season 1, but, it just will not auto start. i have to right click each torrent in the feed and manually start the download.

You have the filter set up wrong then. If you can download from the feed in uTorrent, but autodownload doesn't work. It's a filter problem. Select one of your filters in the RSS Downloader and hit the ? button to the right of delete. It will tell you the last time the filter was matched (if ever). Now play with your filter. Try checking "Filter matches original name instead of decoded name" and see if that works. Sample filter for Justified, standard definition:

Filter: Justified*
Not: *720*|*1080*|*mkv*|*hr*|*ipod*|*mp4*|*dsr*|*psp*
Save in: (Directory for torrent to save to)
Feed: (Either ALL or a particular RSS feed you want it to use)
Quality: (Depending on the announce method in RSS for the tracker you are using, you may need to set this to ALL, or you may be able to select an option here)
Episode Number: (I personally leave this unchecked, but if the tracker you are using posts a lot of old episodes, you may want to set it.)
Don't start downloads automatically: UNCHECKED
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO get uTorrent to tell XBMC to update its library1