[LIVE] XBMC Live will not mount DATA BD-R/E discs?
Question 
Hi all,

Need some help with this one, install is XBMClive RC2 on IONITX-FE with 2xsata HDD and 1xsata BDROM.

I am trying to get xbmc to mount the bdrom as data as for convenience I archived my movies to mkv on udf1.5 data BD-R discs when using windows.

So far RC2 seem to partially identify the BDROM drive as on inserting the disc the play arrow icon appears but does nothing.

The drve seems to be identified in /dev as sr0 and in UUID maps is seen under ID but NO UID device string.

A symlink is there as @scd0 -> sr0 but attemps to mount manually have failed

also there is no entry for the bdrom drive in fstab, as there is no UUID entry for the hardware, which is odd?!

At this point all ideas welcome, if no solution, will have to scrap xbmc and install window$ which is a shame Sad

TIA - Andy
Does XBMC have UDF 2.50 or 2.60 compiled into its kernel?
unicorn13ocp Wrote:Hi all,

Need some help with this one, install is XBMClive RC2 on IONITX-FE with 2xsata HDD and 1xsata BDROM.

I am trying to get xbmc to mount the bdrom as data as for convenience I archived my movies to mkv on udf1.5 data BD-R discs when using windows.

So far RC2 seem to partially identify the BDROM drive as on inserting the disc the play arrow icon appears but does nothing.

TIA - Andy

It may not be a XBMC issue. I don't have a BD Drive but I can burn DVD Data disks but can not mount them. There appears to be a driver issue with SATA optical drives. I can take the same data disk I just burned and mount it on my USB external DVD drive on the same machine. The SATA DVD drive will mount and play video DVD's just fine but not data.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
OK Kernal has UDF compatability built in.

fstab - works IF the disc is in the drive a boot

Installed autofs - it configured for the bdrom /dev/sr0

But still a sticking point cd/dvd data seem to mount ok

BDROM data however still will not automount BUT i caught keyboard the END button at the home screen by accident and it seemed to restart either xserver or xbmc and suddenly the bdrom was mounted?!

Is there someone who can shed some light on this, as I can mount the darn thing from the command line but NOT via XBMC.

for fstab I have:-

Code:
/dev/scd0  /cdrom  udf,iso9660,ro,noauto,user,exec  0  0

or when trying autofs i comment out fstab entry and use

An autofs.misc entry of :-

Code:
cd     fstype=auto   :/dev/sr0

thanks in advance
Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC Live will not mount DATA BD-R/E discs?0