backup xbmc and upgrade
One last thing isn't working - I have no library any more.

I've got all my video sources, both Movies and TV. I can browse and play them from there just fine. When I go into the properties and try to tell XBMC that the "Movies" source contains movies, scrape from IMDB and refresh the library, I get a message flashing up too quickly to read, then nothing happens - still no library. (Same for TV)

My best guess is that I backed up the .xbmc directory before I started, then dropped it back in after updating to Dharma. My guess is that this clobbered some files and/or permissions somewhere, but I don't know what or where.

Any tips?

FreeMan

EDIT: Correction, under the Alaska skin, I get a message that pops up saying "Error: Script failed: recentlyadded.py"
Ran a debug trace as I rebooted with refresh on reboot turned on. A quick look through, even though I wasn't expecting to understand anything, indicated that the library could not find my networked drives that contain all my media.

I deleted the source directory, added it back in and rescraped, and everything showed up just fine.

Throwing this out for those who may run into this in the future.

EDIT: Also, for whatever reason, it's no longer running very slowly with Confluence selected. After finding out that Alaska made things snappier, I installed most of the skins & Alaska was the only one that was workable. A couple of reboots, deleting the library.db, then removing & recreating the media sources seems to have taken care of it.

Still getting the error on "recentlyadded.py" though...
darn near perfect.

I had to pick up a couple of comments from the comments but once I had those it went whiz bang.

Thanks for this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
backup xbmc and upgrade0