Transcoding for XBMC on XBOX using mencoder or ffmpeg
Hi all,

(Why is the XBOX forum closed? Please move my thread over when it reopens. Thanks.)

I currently use Mediacoder to transcode h264 video from the BBC to xvid to watch on XBMC on my XBOX. I've never been able to get it perfectly right, I always seem to get "wobbles" on fast moving scenes.

I would like to use mencoder or ffmpeg for transcoding as command line tools offer easy automation and a higher degree of control compared to gui tools. Portability is also an issue as I use Linux at work and Windows/Cygwin and OSX at home.

Does anyone have any mencoder or ffmpeg "recipies" for transcoding smooth xvid for xbmc? I don't even mind h264 if you can get good results.

Regards,

Richard
rhlee Wrote:Hi all,

(Why is the XBOX forum closed? Please move my thread over when it reopens. Thanks.)

XBMC is no longer being developed for the XBox here. See http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/ for XBox realted stuff.

I use Handbrake for transcoding these days as I find it gives generally better results than mencoder or ffmeg. Having said that I've never tried coding down to an XBox compatible format. I'd give it a try though. Like mencoder Handbrake has a formidable array of command line arguments, but the Handbrake forums are very helpful.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transcoding for XBMC on XBOX using mencoder or ffmpeg0