• 40(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
I'm new to XBMC but the set up has been pretty easy. I was happy to use XBMCFlicks but I started running into problems. If I stop an episode and I stop the show I am watching and try to start a new one I get a muiti play error. I even try to go back into the episode I was watching prior to stopping and I get the same issue.

Everything is default right now and I am running it on Win7 64bit. XBMCFLICKS is the only addon I am using. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I searched to find info but nobody else seems to have this problem.
At least that is what I am experiencing - The exact description is this. I watch an episode. I close the IEFrame using Alt F4 - or Remote equivalent and return to the Netflix browser. At this point there is a check next to the movie or episode. However, the next day when I fire up XBMC the check is missing.

This is not a huge deal, except in the case of some TV shows that run 5 years with over 20 episodes a year - its hard to remember where I left off. Any way either the data isn't coming through from the API or... if you're keeping track locally the data isn't persistent.

BTW I really like this interface. For those of you that are trying to run the WMC interface I have been using it for over a year now and it works reasonably well but there are three problems with it. 1) The watch instantly navigation is slow and slower. If you are navigating a 100 episode or longer list it take 1/3 to 1/2 second to click through each episode. If your remote does "Type ahead" you can over shoot. The 2nd problem is the interface flakes out from time to time and the play buttons disappear at the movie or episode level - reload the page sometimes fixes this but it may take several tries. 3rd sometimes some movies or episodes won't load with a variety of connection and log in errors. Every time I run into one of these issues and move over to either IE or Chrome and access direct from the browser interface the video comes through just fine.

I use Auto Hot Key to translate my VRC-1100 remote key stroke emulating remote into the hot keys that the IEFrame / silverlight interface likes. It's not quite as reliable as the WMC plug in but close. Also for those who are hard of hearing you can select sub titles on a growing list of videos the WMC interface can't do that.
i keep getting plugin.video.xmbcflicks error. i can't get it to works. remove and reinstall xbmcflicks doesn't works. remove XMBC, remove all XBMC related folders, then reinstall xbmcflicks still doesnt works.

help......
ysutarko Wrote:i keep getting plugin.video.XBMCflicks error. i can't get it to works. remove and reinstall xbmcflicks doesn't works. remove XBMC, remove all XBMC related folders, then reinstall xbmcflicks still doesnt works.

help......

I get this as well. It never sent me to a link to verify my data. I'm going to try to login to IE and see if that works (Chrome is my default) but I have my doubts. Any changes?

Edit: No dice. This blows, I was looking forward to it supplementing my XBMC viewing habits so I don't have to use an Xbox for it.
help??
Can us Canadian users get some kind of love for this plugin? I have no instant queue, and the tv and movie options give no return results. The only thing I have is the 10 recommended titles.
Can anyone help me? I do not see the addon in my netflix list addon> videos! is it because I am in Brazil? I'm using version eden
iorifly Wrote:Can anyone help me? I do not see the addon in my netflix list addon> videos! is it because I am in Brazil? I'm using version eden

@iorifly

As I recall having used the nightlies, myself, the plugin was not there. It uses a different repository that doesn't have it. Not sure what the delay is but many of the addons found in the xbmc 10.1 repository don't exist. It is one of several reasons I returned to using 10.1.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.
Please help? Reinstalling doesnt help. I even reinstalled xbmc
ysutarko Wrote:i keep getting plugin.video.XBMCflicks error. i can't get it to works. remove and reinstall xbmcflicks doesn't works. remove XBMC, remove all XBMC related folders, then reinstall xbmcflicks still doesnt works.

help......

I need the debug log to help you.
In the addon settings, turn on debug mode (this is different then xbmc's debug mode)
pastebin the log file and I can see what's up with it

Quote:Can us Canadian users get some kind of love for this plugin? I have no instant queue, and the tv and movie options give no return results. The only thing I have is the 10 recommended titles.
did you set the option that your in canada in the addon settings? if so pastebin the log (xbmc's log file) with the addon in debug mode for assistance

Nightly builds, install it manually, see the post I made 2 pages back for details
(basically go up to github and download xbmcflicks zip file, addon's install from zip, or just extract it to your addon's folder)
How do you switch back to xbmc from browser?
Amor cuerdo, no es Amor.
donniezazen Wrote:How do you switch back to xbmc from browser?

close the browser window
under windows, if not using the wrapper, alt+f4 will force it closed
fekker Wrote:I need the debug log to help you.
In the addon settings, turn on debug mode (this is different then xbmc's debug mode)
pastebin the log file and I can see what's up with it

did you set the option that your in canada in the addon settings? if so pastebin the log (xbmc's log file) with the addon in debug mode for assistance

Nightly builds, install it manually, see the post I made 2 pages back for details
(basically go up to github and download xbmcflicks zip file, addon's install from zip, or just extract it to your addon's folder)

I'll give the Nightly build a shot and see if that doesn't fix my issue.

I've been saying this for a while and haven't even gotten around to looking at the code for XBMC, but if you'd like an extra pair of hands I'm a programmer. I can't commit much time, but I am quite savvy. There has to be a way to host a Silverlight application within XBMC, or even just use a browser control to bring the page in natively (If I'm thinking this correctly, the plug-in just takes you to the Netflix website after you make your selection and isn't natively within XBMC).
Any news for latin american users?
MrDamnation Wrote:I'll give the Nightly build a shot and see if that doesn't fix my issue.

I've been saying this for a while and haven't even gotten around to looking at the code for XBMC, but if you'd like an extra pair of hands I'm a programmer. I can't commit much time, but I am quite savvy. There has to be a way to host a Silverlight application within XBMC, or even just use a browser control to bring the page in natively (If I'm thinking this correctly, the plug-in just takes you to the Netflix website after you make your selection and isn't natively within XBMC).

can always use the help, would be great if we could get it native to xbmc (i.e. no external browser and full xbmc controls working). Right now on select it just opens the webpage to display the movie.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16