• 46(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Hello,

I just have a quick question.. I have the plugin installed, and linked my account. I can browse TV Shows, and start them fine. But i cannot seem to browse the Movies, other then the Top 25 that is listed on the main page. I can watch the movies IF they are on the Instant Queue. But in order to do that, i added it from the web interface. IS this how it's done? I have to go to netflix.com, browse through movies and add them to Instant Queue to watch them? Or am i missing something here?

Thank you..
Hi,

I don't know if am being stupid, but I have read loads of stuff and can't seem to find the answer.
I have a Jailbroken Apple TV2 with seas0npass and installed nitoTV and XBMC.

I have no option on my Apple TV2 for Netflix and believe you can get it through XBMC Flicks.

How can you install XBMC flicks on your Apple TV2, what I have read is that it should be listed in XBMC addons but there is no listing there.

Or is there any othe way of installing Netflix on a Apple TV2?

Hope this does not sound a stupid question as I am new to this!!!!

any help would be much appriciated

p.s I am in the UK

Cheers
I've been looking through this thread and I haven't seen any recent information posted about the possibility of getting this working on a Linux XBMC system. What is the current status of this? I believe that the Chrome plugin is now up and running (sort of) under linux (well chromebook).
Found out if you use the most recent seas0npass and restore your Apple Tv2 to restore 4.4.4, the Netflix option appears in internet drop down menu, then you have to jailbreak it again and ssh nitotv and install xbmc.

Just if anyone else is interested!!!!

Big Grin
fekker Wrote:For UK / Ireland items

If you can get your instant queue, then the api calls work.
playback is easy enough, it just sends the id + the url to the browser for playback (that's those .htm files it's writing to your user directory)

Let me know exact changes that are needed and I can add a menu option for uk/ireland to it.

It's prob just a few url changes if the api is working it's gonna be easy enough, it's just hard in that I can't test any of it, but can point ya in the right direction.

netflix.py and iqueue.py are the main areas of the addon that do the work, look in those for netflix.com area's

Fekker,

How do the .htm files (movie links) get created in the \userdata directory? As per my last posts it seems these are incorrect and when clicked just produces a message that the films are no longer available. However, amend one of the .htm files to a current film (obtaining the ID from the Netflix website) it works and plays ok.
Which python script is responsible for obtaining the links?
I don't mind investigating myself (already spent a few hours looking into it) but it's not immediately evident to me.
I'm in the UK and would love to have this working.

Thanks in advance for your help Smile
Bouff Wrote:I'm in the UK and would love to have this working.

This, I'm looking forward to using it in the UK since they've just released it
woodg8 Wrote:This, I'm looking forward to using it in the UK since they've just released it

+1
This may be what's thwarting out attempts to use XBMC Flicks in the UK...

Taken from Netflix API Usage Terms:

1.11 The Netflix API is made available only for the creation of Applications available to end users in the United States and you may not create or develop an Application that would enable access to the Content outside of the United States.

It doesn't state anywhere that the API has been opened up for use in the UK......yet.
I'm using XBMC 10 Live and I can't find the XBMC Net Flicks addon. I'm in Ireland but I guess this should not matter. I updated and refreshed the XBMC addon libary.

Any ideas?
Bouff Wrote:This may be what's thwarting out attempts to use XBMC Flicks in the UK...

Taken from Netflix API Usage Terms:

1.11 The Netflix API is made available only for the creation of Applications available to end users in the United States and you may not create or develop an Application that would enable access to the Content outside of the United States.

It doesn't state anywhere that the API has been opened up for use in the UK......yet.

Boxee's working on bringing Netflix to the UK

When Boxee get's it working, we get it working
Stranger Wrote:Boxee's working on bringing Netflix to the UK

When Boxee get's it working, we get it working

But this is for the Boxee Box right? Users with the Boxee App on PC/Mac won't get it as support is being dropped in favour of the box?
Bouff Wrote:But this is for the Boxee Box right? Users with the Boxee App on PC/Mac won't get it as support is being dropped in favour of the box?

That doesn't matter, I was just implying Boxee's UK support would confirm it's available and working.
Big Grin 
Stranger Wrote:That doesn't matter, I was just implying Boxee's UK support would confirm it's available and working.

Ah, got ya.

Let's hope it's soon
+ 1 for UK!

Please can you fix it to work in the UK? If needed I can test for you, I have lots of free time and am a C++ programmer. Just PM me.
erkerb Wrote:Hello,

I just have a quick question.. I have the plugin installed, and linked my account. I can browse TV Shows, and start them fine. But i cannot seem to browse the Movies, other then the Top 25 that is listed on the main page. I can watch the movies IF they are on the Instant Queue. But in order to do that, i added it from the web interface. IS this how it's done? I have to go to netflix.com, browse through movies and add them to Instant Queue to watch them? Or am i missing something here?

Thank you..

Just wanted to ask again, to the experienced users.. I am on Windows platform, running the latest stable version.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16