• 53(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Question 
I modified a version of the XBMC Flicks add-on that I believe corrects several issues with searching for instant videos. If you are interested in helping me out by giving that version a try, please PM me. I need it to be tested before passing along the changes to the original author.

Some details on the changes:

I noticed when I searched for instant movies using 'Search' or 'Experimental Search' that the results were not what I would have expected. The regular search did not return what I was looking for & the experimental search wasn't returning anything at all. I spent a couple of days looking into the issue and found two sets of problems.

First, there have been changes in the structures that are returned by the Netflix API and the add-on hadn't been updated. Specifically, the add-on had been previously updated to make version 2.0 Netflix catalog requests however the add-on was not updated in all places to process v2.0 records.

Secondly, there were some logic errors that were preventing some search results from being displayed. Granted it is not always clear what the original implementer had intended, but it there were a couple of places that things just didn't look right and it was culling valid videos from the search results.

Regards,
Steve
sounds great
I pulled the latest git from spudsdude's master link and installed it through the zip. I didn't have any issues with search. (Well, I only tried one search and it returned just about everything named in the search.)

Did you look in his changelog from two months ago?
Quote: 1.0.19 - fixed issue with single quote in title name, fixed script error with season number parsing
1.0.20 - fixed issue with instant queue browse by genre

Did you modify the latest version?

smorloc Wrote:I modified a version of the XBMC Flicks add-on that I believe corrects several issues with searching for instant videos. If you are interested in helping me out by giving that version a try, please PM me. I need it to be tested before passing along the changes to the original author...
After testing it last night, I do have an issue. Once I am in the kiosk-mode IE browser to watch a show, I cannot go back to console. I noticed after the show was finished, the Netflicks' menu option of playing the next show or seeing their menu were the two options on the screen. Using the backspace button only changed the screen size of the video (kiosk mode IE browser was still in the full screen. Using to CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Task Manager did not identify IE separately from XBMC. (Although on second thought, that was just the application tab and not the services or processes tabs. I didn't check there.) Closing and restarting XBMC was the only option that worked to get out of the browser.

I am using Win7 Ultimate with a diNovo Mini (Logitech) keyboard/mouse. The video is ported out to my AV receiver and then on to my TV. The diNovo Mini does not have Function keys so using F4 or F10 is not possible for me. I think I may try the IE wrapper as well as testing it with IE-64.

I want to try next testing Chrome and or Nightly [Firefox 64-bit]. Unfortunately, the Nightly/Firefox browser do not come with a command line switch to put the browser into kiosk (full screen without toolbars). Chrome does so using "chrome.exe --kiosk"
Hello,
I just cannot find the Key or Secret anywhere in the xbmc.log
Also I cannot find xbmc official repo anywhere. Can you help/ Thanks
I used your app on media portal and it was great. I hope u can do the same xbmc.

wileecoyote Wrote:I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it seems like support for this plugin has died?

I have been working on the MediaPortal team for a while now (developed the My Netflix , eMail, and a few other plugins), and I installed XBMC last weekend to preview the PVR progress. I am currently running the Beta 3 that Margro built with ForTheRecord and I am VERY happy with the way things are running.

With that said, I am looking to try out Python (Im a c# developer by trade) and develop/continue support of a Netflix plugin for XBMC. This is what I have in mind...

I built a website last year (http://www.myreeltalk.com) for US users, to be able to manage their Netflix accounts and also share information with friends/family on Facebook, Twitter, etc. My thoughts are, since Netflix has no immediate plans for API support outside the US, to allow people to enter a country code and it can determine where to point the browser based on location. Granted, you will NOT be able to manage your Netflix Queue, but the web site allows you to add movies/TV Series to Favorites & Watch Lists, so you could add/remove movies to and from the Lists for viewing in XBMC. You would just have to make sure that the movie is available in your country for Instant view before adding it. I know that is a pain in the butt, but it is a possible work around.

Let me know your thoughts. I welcome any input...

Again, I apologize if I offend anyone by posting this.

Thanks,
Wile E.
(2012-01-07, 02:01)fekker Wrote: i'm still sorting out some changes that are needed for eden (one left to commit)
if you don't want to wait, you can download it from github and put it into the addons directory (portable data) .. i.e. %appdata% --> xbmc -- > addons
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master

I'm testing this download on Eden RC2 on Win7 64-bit.

So far, things appear to be working (at least compared to my limited testing of XBMCFlix on Dharma).

I have a few questions/problems however:

1) Is it possible to start an episode from the beginning if it currently has been partly played?
2) When using the "Play From Here" context option, it seems to go in a loop of playing all episodes. If I choose that option and watch 3 episodes, and then try to ALT+F4, the IE window keeps relaunching and the only way to stop is to close down x number of times (with x being # of episodes) or quickly close XBMC completely.
3) Will there be some enhanced options for Recently watched? Other Netflix players have a recently watched that lists by date (most recently watched) it is a great way to quickly access something whether in your queue or not.

thanks!
.peace out.
Testing on Eden RC, pretty good so far except I've got a scroll bar.
I just installed xbmc eden rc2 on apple tv first generation and I am trying to install netflix in the setting , addon , video addon , i do not see xbmc flicks is there a way to add this as its not in the list of addons

Many thanks
Man!.... I didn't read the whole setup... I thought this played with the Internal Xbmc player not IE. Oh well....

How do I get it launch with the video always fullscreen not a small window in the middle?

Also.... How do I get my movies to play 5.1 ?
Well first off only "some" content in netflix is in 5.1 and I think there is something in your silverlight settings for that.

As for the fullscreen issue, I'm not sure how everyone deals with it but personally I use AutoHotkey. I had issues finding a way to tell silverlight running in IE to go to fulscreen so I created a work around with AHK. When IE is launched the "f" key will be hit repeatedly until silverlight goes into fulscreen (IE is no longer in focus). This actually works really well as long as you NEVER use IE for anything else Smile

IfWinActive ahk_class IEFrame
{
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
sleep, 1000
send, {f 50}
WinWaitNotActive ahk_class IEFrame
}
}
Colour me noob but I can't see XbmcFlicks in the add-ons list anywhere to install it. (XBMC pre-11.0 compiled 23rd Nov 2011)
where should it be?
(2012-03-20, 08:35)crimsonfury Wrote: Man!.... I didn't read the whole setup... I thought this played with the Internal Xbmc player not IE. Oh well....

How do I get it launch with the video always fullscreen not a small window in the middle?

Also.... How do I get my movies to play 5.1 ?

I think the fullscreen issue may be a bug with the new release? I think it was supposed to open in full screen. If not you can toggle it with the "F" key. Map a remote button or create a script to bring it full screen on launch.

There is no 5.1 with Netflix on the PC. This is a limitation of Silverlight. All Netflix plugins for PCs (WMC or IE) use Silverlight. Silverlight 5.0 does have the ability to decode Dolby 5.1 streams, but as of now, this feature isn't implemented in the plugin nor turned on in Netflix's stream to Silverlight clients.

If you want Netflix in 5.1 the ONLY solution is to buy a Roku or other STB that supports it.
.peace out.
"We're Sorry The Netflix website is down.........." Bull! I can go to it just fine from IE, Firefox etc... and watch my instant queue! But from xbmcflicks now it won't play!

I tried to download silverlight december toolkit and it installed but I could still watch instant just fine from IE but not through xbmcflicks.... SO I uninstalled toolkit and still the same thing.

What happened?!
I searched the thread and couldn't find anything. I am looking for a way possibly implemented in this addon to make a playlist. The playlist would be something that I could put multiple movies/TV show/episodes into and the player would just go down the list playing one after another. I found http://pr.ojectblue.com/autoflix/, but I don't want to pay for something that only does a small part of what I am looking for.

If anyone can put this into the addon or point me toward a playlist creator that works for netflix (and maybe even all of XBMC) that would be great.

Thank You for any and all advice
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16