• 66(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Save us, Fekker, you're our only hope... ~~zwip~~ Save us, Fekker, you're our only hope...
There also hasn't been a commit @ github for 4 months now, I'm afraid this might be dead, unless someone else picks it up and runs with it.

[edit] I've gotten it working in Snow Leopard, this should work in later OSX versions as well. This requires some terminal work, but it's not particularly difficult.

Basically:

1) rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks
(Only one of these next two lines should run successfully, but running them both is non-destructive, you'll just get a "not found" error)
2) rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/plugins.video.xbmcflicks
3) rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks*
4) Download this: https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master
5) Go through the "install from zip file" method of installing it
6) mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/plugins.video.xbmcflicks
7) Go to System -> Add-ons -> Enabled Add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> XBMC Flicks -> Configure
8) Go to the Miscellaneous tab and set "OSX" to "Yes"
9) Go to the "Debugging" tab and enable both debug options, then hit "OK"
10) Launch the XBMC Flicks add-on, and navigate until it attempts to pop up a browser window. This is the part that is broken.
11) In the terminal window, run this: tail ~/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
12) You should see a line like:

"NOTICE: Authorize user access here: https://api-user.netflix.com/oauth/login?........

Copy the full URL, from the "https" through the end of the oauth_token value (a long string of seemingly random characters) and paste it into your browser. Netflix will tell you that you have enabled XBMC Flicks access to your Netflix account.
13) Go back to XBMC and hit "OK"
14) You will get a notice stating that you will need to restart XBMC. Please do so.
15) Run this at the command line: more ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/userdata.txt

If you see 4 lines in this file, you're all set. Go enjoy some streaming video. If you don't, well, I'm out of ideas.
aaaaand now it's popping up in a window *under* the fullscreen XBMC. This happens in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

I saw a suggestion to use "fullscreen window instead of fullscreen," but this apparently isn't available in OSX.

Any ideas?
What are people's ideas for getting OUT of Netflix? It works fine enough to get me into a video, but then I'm kind of stuck unless I use the keyboard to Alt-F4 out, which I really don't want to do; even then, XBMC will be minimized so I'd have to use the mouse to maximize it.
With all due respect to Mr Fekker, I think this add-on needs a very basic feature to be useful(at least for me).

I usually watch TV shows. When I log in to safari on my mac, my home screen has the recently watched episodes and single click on one of the shows I have been watching, plays the next episode. This add-on is supposed make it easier for me. But on XMBCFlicks, Its a dozen clicks to find the next episode and when you want to play it, it opens in safari (in a background window). Not useful at all.

Considering the low usability of the add-on, I am surprised that there are currently 98 pages in this thread!! I usually never complain about anything and I get really excited with add-ons, but not this one.

Having said that, I am pretty sure there is no way to do it in XMBCFlicks, whatever I am looking for. Otherwise Fekker would have done that already. For now, I will have to leave the beautiful interface of XMBC to watch my netflix shows and that's a bummerSad

(2012-08-21, 23:02)vikasgoyalgzs Wrote: With all due respect to Mr Fekker, I think this add-on needs a very basic feature to be useful(at least for me).

I usually watch TV shows. When I log in to safari on my mac, my home screen has the recently watched episodes and single click on one of the shows I have been watching, plays the next episode. This add-on is supposed make it easier for me. But on XMBCFlicks, Its a dozen clicks to find the next episode and when you want to play it, it opens in safari (in a background window). Not useful at all.

Considering the low usability of the add-on, I am surprised that there are currently 98 pages in this thread!! I usually never complain about anything and I get really excited with add-ons, but not this one.

Having said that, I am pretty sure there is no way to do it in XMBCFlicks, whatever I am looking for. Otherwise Fekker would have done that already. For now, I will have to leave the beautiful interface of XMBC to watch my netflix shows and that's a bummerSad

this x2... I've even started using my advanced launcher to kick off a fullscreen browser that goes straight to netflix.... I wish this was a little more integrated into XBMC.
Is the only way to close flicks without a mouse is pressing alt+f4? Is there a way to close xbmc flicks using a remote? I have a harmony 650. I don't know how you can assign a combination of keys in the harmony software.

Also is there a way to hide the mouse when playing a movie or tv show? When I launch it, the mouse appears right in the middle of the screen.
(2012-08-25, 20:15)calib3r Wrote: Is the only way to close flicks without a mouse is pressing alt+f4? Is there a way to close xbmc flicks using a remote? I have a harmony 650. I don't know how you can assign a combination of keys in the harmony software.

Also is there a way to hide the mouse when playing a movie or tv show? When I launch it, the mouse appears right in the middle of the screen.

You can use XBMC Flicks-o-Mate

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129091

This will hide the mouse pointer.
Hello all,
I have stumbled upon a problem with xbmc flicks. It would seem that there is a time out I am reaching when returning my Netflix queue (174 items). If i change the add-on setting of xbmc flicks to return only 100 entries, it works swimmingly. If i set it to return 200 (the closest setting to my actual queue size), It almost always fails by returning a single entry of ".". On rare occasion, It has returned my queue, but it says that there are 200 items (delimited by the max return setting no doubt). Of the 200 hundred returned entries, it return all of mine as far as I can tell with some videos that are not in my netflix queue and that simply do not play because netflix says that they are "unavailable." Has anybody run into either of these probems? Are there any known solutions? Thank you for your time.
I have a bizarre issue, and have been unable to locate an answer to this.

I am running XBMC Flicks on OSX Lion, XBMC Eden. Everything is working successfully (the secret for me was to install Firefox since some of the scripts are hard coded to Firefox.app)

When I search for "Thomas" Thomas and friends is never returned, in fact I only get three results on "Thomas". Thomas does not show in my instant queue, only in my watched history. Any ideas? The same machine can search and display Thomas in the queue just fine.
I posted under a new thread as well (ref: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140166) - but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Has anyone gotten this working with the ATV2?
AmazonFirex4/iPhone6s/iPad2/NSS326
Kodi - be brave and help - update w/nightly builds
My "Instant Queue", "Recommended", and "Genre" views no longer populate. I can view and watch New Arrivals and the Search works fine. Is this something I can fix or did Netflix change their API, requiring a programming bug fix?
(2012-09-19, 03:40)elmerohueso Wrote: My "Instant Queue", "Recommended", and "Genre" views no longer populate. I can view and watch New Arrivals and the Search works fine. Is this something I can fix or did Netflix change their API, requiring a programming bug fix?

I have the exact same problem...just started happening today...no change was made on my system so I am guessing Netflix made a change.
(2012-09-19, 04:57)ivseenbetter Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 03:40)elmerohueso Wrote: My "Instant Queue", "Recommended", and "Genre" views no longer populate. I can view and watch New Arrivals and the Search works fine. Is this something I can fix or did Netflix change their API, requiring a programming bug fix?

I have the exact same problem...just started happening today...no change was made on my system so I am guessing Netflix made a change.

I was afraid of that. It doesn't look like this plugin has been touched in 5 months, so I wonder how long it will take for a fix.
Quick search came up with this:

http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/U...Public_API

I'm no developer, so I'm not saying I understand this article. That's for people way smarter than me. But it mentions September 15, and that's pretty much when the world ended for me (at least in regards to XBMCFlicks). Don't even know if this is helpful, but at least I know I don't need to spend hours trying to figure out what's wrong...
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16