• 96(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
i'm using kali linux (debian based) and i can't install xmbc flix =(, its not in my addons xmbc.org list and when i try to install by zip says that the zip structure is wrong... i'm using xbmc 11.0
somobody could help me? thank
(2013-05-04, 17:41)tomtomclub Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 23:09)demannu Wrote: Thanks mate, extremely helpful.

Mind if I PM you for a little more assistance? I'm a novices at best and would like to learn without being told out right what to do. Smile

Thanks

please no pm !share the info to the rest of the world thanks you

The PM was
Quote:To be honest, I did this quite a while ago, so I am not completely sure how to get it working.
Edit iqueue.py in xbcm/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib
Find "api_key"
You will see text like
Code:
APP_NAME = 'netflix'
API_KEY = 'nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6'
API_SECRET = 'bBsa6TqYab'
Make sure that it matches what I have.

Do the developer walkthrough using this info and you should be able to get the info for your userinfo.txt (saved to the usrdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks folder.
Code:
requestKey=nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
requestSecret=bBsa6TqYab
accessKey= (PRODUCED BY WALKTHROUGH. REALLY LONG!)
accessSecret= (PRODUCE BY WALKTHROUGH. 12 CHARACTERS FOR ME.)
(2013-05-10, 21:08)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-05-04, 17:41)tomtomclub Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 23:09)demannu Wrote: Thanks mate, extremely helpful.

Mind if I PM you for a little more assistance? I'm a novices at best and would like to learn without being told out right what to do. Smile

Thanks

please no pm !share the info to the rest of the world thanks you

The PM was
Quote:To be honest, I did this quite a while ago, so I am not completely sure how to get it working.
Edit iqueue.py in xbcm/addons/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/resources/lib
Find "api_key"
You will see text like
Code:
APP_NAME = 'netflix'
API_KEY = 'nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6'
API_SECRET = 'bBsa6TqYab'
Make sure that it matches what I have.

Do the developer walkthrough using this info and you should be able to get the info for your userinfo.txt (saved to the usrdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks folder.
Code:
requestKey=nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
requestSecret=bBsa6TqYab
accessKey= (PRODUCED BY WALKTHROUGH. REALLY LONG!)
accessSecret= (PRODUCE BY WALKTHROUGH. 12 CHARACTERS FOR ME.)

so i used what i sent in the PM, and was able to get my access key and secret, but when i try to use nexflix everything is blank

*edit*

guess i have something wrong since my log has NOTICE: {u'status': {u'status_code': 403, u'message': u'Account inactive'}, u'error': True}"

looks like the issue is the oauth_token_secret. qhere do i get this from?
Browse by genre is currently not working. Log says that it's a 404 error and this was confirmed in browser. Could this be problem with auth or has netflix changed the path? Instant and search works.

edit. Yeah, it's because they changed the api.
in the "iqueue.py" file it referances "http://odata.netflix.com/Catalog/Genres" to get the genre list. now per netflix:

http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/C...PI_Program
We will retire the OData catalog, effective on April 8, 2013.

So wherever they get the catalog list from should be able to be pulled from the Plex plugin...maybe
(2013-05-12, 00:54)rbf351 Wrote: so i used what i sent in the PM, and was able to get my access key and secret, but when i try to use nexflix everything is blank

*edit*

guess i have something wrong since my log has NOTICE: {u'status': {u'status_code': 403, u'message': u'Account inactive'}, u'error': True}"

I got the same thing at first. It means you are not putting the correct info in the walkthrough. Be sure to carefully read what you are supposed to copy and paste. When in doubt, you copy everything between '=' to '&'.
(2013-05-13, 02:58)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 00:54)rbf351 Wrote: so i used what i sent in the PM, and was able to get my access key and secret, but when i try to use nexflix everything is blank

*edit*

I got the same thing at first. It means you are not putting the correct info in the walkthrough. Be sure to carefully read what you are supposed to copy and paste. When in doubt, you copy everything between '=' to '&'.

Do the whole walkthrough (i had to do it 3 times cause i wasn't reading the instructions correctly), in the middle you get your codes and then you authenticate them, then at the end you test things with a GET command.

"oauth_token=" which is your "accesskey=" 97 characters for me
"oauth_token_secret=" which is your "accessSecret=" 12 characters for me

I ended up doing a Copy/Paste and separated everything in notepad before going to the next step.

After doing it correctly, I got the Instant Queue's and the Recommended to work. Top 25 and All new arrivals don't work (turns out these are RSS feeds that Netflix doesn't use anymore). and the Browse by Genre (again, netflix doesn't use the http://odata.netflix.com/ database anymore). If anyone has news on the genre or rss feeds, let me know.
Its just a matter of time... Netflix and Amazon are pulling in the reins on independent developers... 1channel, here I come.
finally got it working, thanks for the help

at least some of it is

Instant Queue works, and Recommended doesn't
Hey guys, first post. I have been having a lot of difficulty getting XBMC flicks to run. I followed the tutorial to a T and based on the version, a few things happen.

Frodo: just doesn't work. I get a "script has failed" message when trying to sync to Netflix for login info
Eden: loads browser window fine but gives 404 error.
* clear cookies and cache - no joy
* tried messing with playercore settings - no joy
* tried different browsers - no joy
Dharma: installs from repository but I get the same error as I did in Frodo.

I hate to ask but I need some help getting this up and running. Any scripts you need me to post? Also, under configure, I cannot set XBMCflicks to run under an Alt external player from within the configure/misc options.

Thanks,

deathmetalscott
Hi everyone.

I have been giving myself major headaches trying to get this to work for forever now, and I have tried a zillion things in this thread and elsewhere, and now I am totally confused and it still doesnt work. Maybe I am blind, but I havent found a super simple step by step to get this working anywhere.

So, I am using Windows 7, and using XBMCFlicks 10.1.
I am getting the issue with the userinfo.txt being blank, and a script failure when tying clicking on anything in the XBMCFlicks menu. I tried using the spudsdude thing, and it did get an IE window open, but with a 404 error.

If anyone can give me some simple instructions or something, I would love to finally get this working.
You have to do the developer walkthrough to get the info for you userinfo.txt
Oh, it says that no new applications can be registered at this time. Does that mean that I am out of luck and its impossible to make XBMCFlicks work at all?
(2013-05-18, 04:27)Ixtab Wrote: Oh, it says that no new applications can be registered at this time. Does that mean that I am out of luck and its impossible to make XBMCFlicks work at all?

For what it's worth, I've got it working quite well by using advanced launcher, set it up to use Windows Media Center, then play Netflix from inside WMC, inside XBMC.....
(2013-05-18, 17:19)markc23 Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 04:27)Ixtab Wrote: Oh, it says that no new applications can be registered at this time. Does that mean that I am out of luck and its impossible to make XBMCFlicks work at all?

For what it's worth, I've got it working quite well by using advanced launcher, set it up to use Windows Media Center, then play Netflix from inside WMC, inside XBMC.....
I got this running last night with the wmc plugin and a little advanced launcher script. Its a pretty seamless transition this way.
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16