• 108(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
For $60 used you can get a Sony blue ray player that has NETFLIX or you can get a used ROKU with NETFLIX. So thinking that this is not worth the effort to me. Also you can use NETFLIX in your HTPC with browser or WMC.
link to NetFlix Viewer Windows program you can start from XBMC

I gave up on XBMC Flicks finally and this is the substitute I use because XBMC is still the center of the TV universe for me. It is a Windows only solution unfortunately. It has decent remote control capability and a useable but ugly interface and can be launched from XBMC with advanced launcher.

XBMC Flicks is pretty much dead at this point. I am sure some people are getting use out of it but I think fresh installs are not possible any more for various reasons. 1 is the existing developer keys seem to be disabled, at least the ones propagated on this thread. 2 is the incomplete support for the original user interface menu tree because NetFlix modified their url calls and doesn't support them any more except to device manufacturers.

Additional rants on this add-on - it's not the developers fault the Netflix didn't continue to support the original API or publish the updates to PC developers.
Because of the modified calls at the TV epsiode level the user will not see episode numbers even though they are in the right order. This problem was there from the beginning for the XBMC version - it couldn't or wouldn't remember if finished watching something. That is a minor pain.

The available internal queries to existing PC developers now require that they - pc interface developers - download the entire database or at least all of the users Queue just to make a coherent presentation.

I'm done.

My hope is that NetFlix extends there key stroke interface that works pretty well during video playback in browsers to the rest of their user interface. That would be something they actually might do and it would allow XBMC to launch the browser to NetFlix and allow the user to navigate around and play videos. It would work and wouldn't be too hard for them to do.
I've officially made the switch to PlayOn.
(2013-10-20, 05:45)locoguano Wrote: I've officially made the switch to PlayOn.

Same, it just works...no fuss

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Since the officially announced release of Windows 8.1, the app from the Microsoft Store has become the best fallback.
(2013-10-20, 08:57)saitoh183 Wrote:

But there is no seek, FF , REW, doesn't that drive you bonkers?
The problem with Windows 8 and 8.1 Modern/Metro interfaces - I've been on board from last fall - is that there is no keyboard/keystroke support so it can't be used with remotes. This is why I resorted to the viewer app cited above.
(2013-10-21, 15:45)yabsie Wrote:

Nah. Not as much as flicks did. Besides, as long as I can pause I'm good. Also you can FF and rewind.

(2013-10-21, 15:45)yabsie Wrote:

Yes, but its better than bailing out to a browser. I would just drop Netflix but they have Disney and I have a 3 year old daughter.
Exclamation 
After reading several of the last pages in the thread i decided to chime in with my 2 cents.

- it was mentioned that netflix is revoking the public api's. if that is the case how does WMC auth with netflix and can't we "borrow" their api url's for our own version of flicks ?
- if the api walkthrough is available, the borrowed "plex" username/password is available, can't we use that into the original flicks plugin ?
- what kind of py coding experience would be needed to refurbish or create a version of xbmc flicks that plays within xbmc (similar to the WMC plugin) ?
NB: i have never coded in py before but i have some C# and C++ experience and would love to help anyway i can.

- i would really like XBMC to have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime work from within and play from within. as of right now i setup my htpc with wmc until i can figure out how to make xbmc have these features. (wife and mother-in-law don't like it when xbmc opens a browser :"the TV doesn't do that"... so i gotta have something working in the meantime).

PS: I am using 12.2 and have it hooked up to a Samsung SmartTV (Nodyes i know it comes with netflix).

In conclusion,

Can we setup a [DEV] thread regarding this and maybe get some smart coding fingers and brains to figure this out ? Again i would help in whichever way possible even if it means learning py...
I am not giving up on XBMC, and i really do believe that a lot of people would appreciate a streamlined interface for the above mentioned streaming services.

Best regards,
Reddy
(2013-10-22, 04:40)reddyfire Wrote: After reading several of the last pages in the thread i decided to chime in with my 2 cents.

- it was mentioned that netflix is revoking the public api's. if that is the case how does WMC auth with netflix and can't we "borrow" their api url's for our own version of flicks ?
- if the api walkthrough is available, the borrowed "plex" username/password is available, can't we use that into the original flicks plugin ?
- what kind of py coding experience would be needed to refurbish or create a version of xbmc flicks that plays within xbmc (similar to the WMC plugin) ?
NB: i have never coded in py before but i have some C# and C++ experience and would love to help anyway i can.

- i would really like XBMC to have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime work from within and play from within. as of right now i setup my htpc with wmc until i can figure out how to make xbmc have these features. (wife and mother-in-law don't like it when xbmc opens a browser :"the TV doesn't do that"... so i gotta have something working in the meantime).

PS: I am using 12.2 and have it hooked up to a Samsung SmartTV (Nodyes i know it comes with netflix).

In conclusion,

Can we setup a [DEV] thread regarding this and maybe get some smart coding fingers and brains to figure this out ? Again i would help in whichever way possible even if it means learning py...
I am not giving up on XBMC, and i really do believe that a lot of people would appreciate a streamlined interface for the above mentioned streaming services.

Best regards,
Reddy

Yeah , you are where I was about a year ago. I actually forked 'flix and was actively releasing fixes (search my history) but when netflix abandoned their public API, I pretty much had to abandon my work too.

I never really investigated the playback, I was mostly focusing on search and genre listing. From what I understand that we cant get the XBMC player to play the silverlight steam. If you want to open a dev thread, I think it would in the XBMC Dev rather than in this plug in. We need core product fixes to make it happen.

That being said NF has made it pretty clear they dont want guys like us hacking around.
Netflix is planning a switch to HTML5 for video streaming down the road: http://techblog.netflix.com/2013/10/html...ck-ui.html

They started allowing HTML5 playback on Windows 8.1 Preview IE 11.
Does any one using this add-on with OS X (10.9) can tell me what to do to make it run ? In the configuration section i activated "OSX", not able to activate "Use alt Player Location".

thanks
Hi
Have a question
Can netflix be.played via xbmc player instead of browser window opening i use only a harmony remote no keyboard
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
(2013-11-07, 18:53)jonatan Wrote: Hi
Have a question
Can netflix be.played via xbmc player instead of browser window opening i use only a harmony remote no keyboard

No netflix needs silverlight...which xbmc player doesn't have.

• 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16