Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 138(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
andrewf Wrote:Cheers giftie for pointing that out. Must have had my eyes shut. And thanks for the quick reply, not so me....

I believe I am using xbmc live version 10.1. Afraid I haven't dared to update it to a newer version (I assume there is one) forfear of overrighting all my saved styles, favourites etc on the skin.

Talking of the skin, can anyone help advise if I am doing something wrong. In MQ2 cinema is already a main menu option alongside movies. I've tried to duplicate this in MQ3 by using the option to create your own by attaching an addon to a menu button. I've doen this but cannot get it to run.

FYI runs fine going via the movie when selecting it through the movies main menu and then information.

MQ3 - In skin settings select the Shortcuts/Backdrops option. Scroll the main menu shortcuts to Movies, then press down, this opens up the sub menu. scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should be underlined in Red) click on it and select Activate. Now it should be available in the Movies Sub menu on the Home Window.
giftie Wrote:MQ3 - In skin settings select the Shortcuts/Backdrops option. Scroll the main menu shortcuts to Movies, then press down, this opens up the sub menu. scroll until you see Cinema Ex(it should be underlined in Red) click on it and select Activate. Now it should be available in the Movies Sub menu on the Home Window.

oh thats seems really simple. Another reason for me to get my eyes tested.

That said am revamping my whole set up at the mo and there are a million and one options to fully pimp up the pro version. Big Grin

Didn't help matters that thanks to this thread I have now found all the new cineworld, odeon etc trailers and idents on youtube so I am busy updating my CE set up. Not to mention adding more trivia, more trailers....the list never ends Smile
got a problem also with the trailers part of the script...

win7 x64
xbmc 10.1
CE latest version
skin aeon mq3

i have Apple Movie Trailers Lite installed and works fine... 720p streaming starts instantly and run fine..
but when running CE it freezes after the coming attractions clip..
is there another plugin i need?
ToXIc69 Wrote:got a problem also with the trailers part of the script...

win7 x64
xbmc 10.1
CE latest version
skin aeon mq3

i have Apple Movie Trailers Lite installed and works fine... 720p streaming starts instantly and run fine..
but when running CE it freezes after the coming attractions clip..
is there another plugin i need?

The problem is XBMC freezing up when a local video is played before the streamed trailer. This is a problem with in XBMC. either remove any videos that play before the trailers or use locally stored trailers, the only solutions(until it gets looked at in XBMC)
Is my first time using HTE, and I would like to speak with someone about how this script works.

I dont have sure if it is working correctly for me.

I have added the confluence code by Harro to my DialogVideoInfo.xml and installed latest version (Eden Version 2.0.53). Using XBMC Beta 3.

1. When I click the "Cinema" button will open an search box and show me the movie that I am at
2. If I hit enter to select the movie I am redirected back to movie info
3. Then it hangs(pause) on movie info dialog until I close it
4. To start playing my intro/trailers/etc I have to close movie info manualy (hiting back or "i"), then the script will start working

I would like to know if was planned to work like that?

I though when I click the cinema button will just start playing my cinema experience intros/trailer/etc without I have to select or close anything else.

Or is there any place I could find my self some more info how the HTE should work?

And to be on topic: I have local movie intro playing before stream trailers and I have no problems.

Thanks
just a post to say cheers giftie - cinema ex now added as a button Smile

realised why I was not seeing it s I dont use the default movies section but add my own via vplaylists so I can create sub menus for each of the family.

I've just renamed the default 'movies' button 'cinema' and activated the 'cinema ex' option as yu said.

Latest version also up and running.

One question though, should I still be seeing the buffering pop up? I thought I saw a post this had been sorted or is this only with Eden?
Hey i have a little problem and hope you can help me.

I dont get the audio formats videos runnung.

i've put them under 'user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\My Stuff\Cinema Experience\Audio\' with subfolders 'Dolby' and 'DTS'. The filetypes are .vob and .m2ts.

I selected in the options of CE the folder 'user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\My Stuff\Cinema Experience\Audio\' for the audio format videos.

So, when i play a video thru the 'cinema' button i'll see the trailers and the Feature presentation video but when the Audio video should play it stops and says 'cloud not find next element'

->Tryed with different skins, same error.
->I think the filetype .m2ts isn't the problem because the feature video is also .m2ts and the feature works fine..
->tryed different folder locations e.g. (D:\Movies\Dolby\Audio\) also with subfolders 'Dolby' and 'DTS' and in the CE option was 'D:\Movies\Dolby\Audio\' pointed for audio formats.

sry for the bad english, but hope you can help me. =)
andrewf Wrote:just a post to say cheers giftie - cinema ex now added as a button Smile

realised why I was not seeing it s I dont use the default movies section but add my own via vplaylists so I can create sub menus for each of the family.

I've just renamed the default 'movies' button 'cinema' and activated the 'cinema ex' option as yu said.

Latest version also up and running.

One question though, should I still be seeing the buffering pop up? I thought I saw a post this had been sorted or is this only with Eden?

Depending on the skin. There are two different pop ups I have seen. I added a windows property that skin developers can use to disable the dialogs. I know a lot of skins have used it on the busy dialog but there is another one that seems to pop up from time to time. I'm not sure which xml file that belongs to this other pop up.
a full debug log should tell me what is going on.

DasFa Wrote:Hey i have a little problem and hope you can help me.

I dont get the audio formats videos runnung.

i've put them under 'user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\My Stuff\Cinema Experience\Audio\' with subfolders 'Dolby' and 'DTS'. The filetypes are .vob and .m2ts.

I selected in the options of CE the folder 'user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\My Stuff\Cinema Experience\Audio\' for the audio format videos.

So, when i play a video thru the 'cinema' button i'll see the trailers and the Feature presentation video but when the Audio video should play it stops and says 'cloud not find next element'

->Tryed with different skins, same error.
->I think the filetype .m2ts isn't the problem because the feature video is also .m2ts and the feature works fine..
->tryed different folder locations e.g. (D:\Movies\Dolby\Audio\) also with subfolders 'Dolby' and 'DTS' and in the CE option was 'D:\Movies\Dolby\Audio\' pointed for audio formats.

sry for the bad english, but hope you can help me. =)
XBMC has changed since Harro put up that guide. At the start of this thread(message #6) I keep a sample of the code needed in the DialogVideoInfo.xml. I try to keep this thread as upto date as possible(with changes in the script and in XBMC)

bernabap Wrote:Is my first time using HTE, and I would like to speak with someone about how this script works.

I dont have sure if it is working correctly for me.

I have added the confluence code by Harro to my DialogVideoInfo.xml and installed latest version (Eden Version 2.0.53). Using XBMC Beta 3.

1. When I click the "Cinema" button will open an search box and show me the movie that I am at
2. If I hit enter to select the movie I am redirected back to movie info
3. Then it hangs(pause) on movie info dialog until I close it
4. To start playing my intro/trailers/etc I have to close movie info manualy (hiting back or "i"), then the script will start working

I would like to know if was planned to work like that?

I though when I click the cinema button will just start playing my cinema experience intros/trailer/etc without I have to select or close anything else.

Or is there any place I could find my self some more info how the HTE should work?

And to be on topic: I have local movie intro playing before stream trailers and I have no problems.

Thanks
giftie Wrote:a full debug log should tell me what is going on.

Okay thanks. Will do the debug later and post here.
giftie Wrote:XBMC has changed since Harro put up that guide. At the start of this thread(message #6) I keep a sample of the code needed in the DialogVideoInfo.xml. I try to keep this thread as upto date as possible(with changes in the script and in XBMC)

id=14 fixed my problem!

id=49 the cinema button does not show up
id=13 it opens search box and hangs on movie info until you manually close

This is the code I am using for include HTE in confluence skin:

Code:
<control type="button" id="14">
    <description>Cinema Experience</description>
    <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
    <label>Cinema</label>
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
    <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

Harro's code also still working, just change id from 13 to 14!

All working as I expected now, no search box or no manually close movie info to start script. Just click cinema and enjoy! Smile

Thanks anyway...
giftie Wrote:The problem is XBMC freezing up when a local video is played before the streamed trailer. This is a problem with in XBMC. either remove any videos that play before the trailers or use locally stored trailers, the only solutions(until it gets looked at in XBMC)

thanks. ill be patiently waiting..
giftie Wrote:Depending on the skin. There are two different pop ups I have seen. I added a windows property that skin developers can use to disable the dialogs. I know a lot of skins have used it on the busy dialog but there is another one that seems to pop up from time to time. I'm not sure which xml file that belongs to this other pop up.

Cheers .... perhaps I'll try a couple of the skins to see if it comes up on them all. I'm aware Marcus took a step back from MQ3 for a bit so no certainty he tweaked the script for his skins.
Hi, I installed CE to my XBMC setup today as I'm going to be installing a projector soon and thought it would be cool to have a bit more of a movie presentation on occasion.

I have the curtain opening and closing files and have pointed the addon to those. When I select cinema from my home menu i can then browse movies and am told to press q, I do so and the curtain opening movie plays but is immediately followed by the curtain closing movie. No feature movie.

I'd also set it to play two trailers from Apple and they didn't play either.

I've tried with Aeon MQ, Aeon Nox and Transparency and get the same result with all three.

Am I missing something obvious?

Edit - Please ignore - problem solved. Error Code 672535 - User is a tit. :-)
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24