• 5(current)
  •   
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
I have spent some of this morning doing some testing and here are my results:

Cinema script version 1.0.3
Dharma RC2
Windows 7 64bit

Trivia:
Trivia - Works without music and using a single mp3 file. does not work properly with a playlist. Once the time limit is up the music playlist starts over in music mode in XBMC. The movie and rest of the Cinema playlist never finishes (just dies).
Trivia Intro - does nothing no matter what is selected (still or video any quantity), from what I remember it never did.
Trivia Outro - does nothing no matter what is selected (still or video any quantity), from what I remember it never did.

Special Videos:
Movie Theater Intro Clips - works fine.
Movie Theater Outro Clips - works fine.
Feature Presentation Intro - works fine.
Feature Presentation Outro - works fine.
Movie Ratings Folder - works fine.
Dolby/DTS Folder - works fine.

Trailers:
Coming Attractions Intro - works fine
Coming Attractions Outro - works fine

Misc:
Did not test "Run script before videos start"

Something to watch for that I ran into:
Be aware that if you select 3 random videos and your folder only has 2 or 1 the whole script will not start up. I know this is basic, but I know there are idiots out there just like I was on this. Smile
I do not use MPAA rating filters so I did not test them, amongst other things available.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
giftie Wrote:The problem with not having the distinction of -trailer the script will play any video files. Some people use this to play trailers found in their movie folders.

Probably a stupid question but I am not sure I understand how the -trailer factors in. HCE plays all(?) of tvideos in the folder where trailers are downloaded to. How does XBMC handle -trailers?

Take Care

EDIT: The old version of HCE didn't care about the -trailer extension. The latest version 1.03 requires the -trailer extension.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Trivia - does not work properly with a playlist. Once the time limit is up the music playlist starts over in music mode in XBMC. The movie and rest of the Cinema playlist never finishes (just dies).
Trivia Intro - does nothing no matter what is selected (still or video any quantity), from what I remember it never did.

I can confirm this I just had the same experience.

SlaveUnit Wrote:Something to watch for that I ran into:
Be aware that if you select 3 random videos and your folder only has 2 or 1 the whole script will not start up. I know this is basic, but I know there are idiots out there just like I was on this. Smile

You are not an idiot (or we are both idiots and many will follow). I just had the same experience. This is not a thing you keep in mind when setting up the script.

Besides this it works great and you made me very happy making this script available for Dharma.
giftie Wrote:In my HD-Trailers.Net Downloader.exe.config I have the following:
PHP Code:
<!--Set to True to add successful downloads to exclusions file and to prevent re-downloading any found in the file-->
    <
add key="UseExclusions" value="true" /> 

this causes the program to create a file called -> HD-Trailers.Net Downloader Exclusions.xml which contains the already downloaded trailers.

The problem with not having the distinction of -trailer the script will play any video files. Some people use this to play trailers found in their movie folders.

Hey giftie, I have UseExclusions on true, but the program won't create the .xml you mention. Do i have to do something in particular to get it running?

Also to get bulkrenamer to append -trailer to the trailers, do you use something like eventghost to automate it? or do you just do it manually?
this isn't appearing in the unofficial repository for me. Anyone else?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
You need to install http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/sv...bmc-addons.zip
through the addons(install from zip) and then get addons look in the addons. google.com, then under program addons
Harro Wrote:You need to install http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/sv...bmc-addons.zip
through the addons(install from zip) and then get addons look in the addons. google.com, then under program addons

Yep that's what I did, and previously the only addon in Programs was the PyDocs Printer, but now it appears to be back up. All is well.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
I was able to modify the HD.Net Trailer downloader so that the -trailer required by XBMC is automatically added.

This required a small change to the source and a new config key

<!--Set to True to save files with XBMC -trailer appended-->
<add key="XBMCFileNames" value="true" />

I thought I would upload now whiel I try to figure out how to submit a patch to the project with the original developers.

The archive includes a new executable that replaces the original and a sampel config file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YYAXLQQS
Great work ljourneaux! Added link to first page.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first you can also use XBMC Log Uploader Script.
Cinema Experience
Cinema Experience Wiki
cdART Manager
fanart.tv

SlaveUnit - Yep, from the looks of it, Trivia Intro/Outro is not used in the script(well not yet atleast) and I am looking into the other two problems that you have come across as well(trivia music and script failing if # of videos in a selected directory is less than selected count in settings)
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first you can also use XBMC Log Uploader Script.
Cinema Experience
Cinema Experience Wiki
cdART Manager
fanart.tv

Awesome work guys, thank you all for your work! a lot of us really appreciate it. HTE was the reeason i moved from mc2005 to meedios n later from Media Browser to XBMC...

Anyways thanks a ton but on to the question:
can someone point me in the direction of a script that works with this that i can use to control my lutron IR light controlers? Its far from a complicated system they are just simple IR dimmers and wall boxes (no x10 or RF)

thanks in advance
giftie Wrote:[SIZE="5"]Available through the unofficial repo - http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...addons.zip

Any hope to get it through the official repo soon?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Any hope to get it through the official repo soon?

I'm not sure that will ever happen.
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Yeah awesome work indeed!!!
@ giftie:

I would like to contribute the German translation again.
Shall I send the xml to your mail adress like I did for CD-Art Manager?

cheers,
Max
[Image: obi3o55x.jpg]

- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -

If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
  •   
  • 5(current)
  •   

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script4.8324