Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 84(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
aussieburger Wrote:I had the same problem here as everyone else for the last 2-3 weeks. Hangs just before the apple trailers are meant to stream.

In the log when it wasn't working I managed to save this:

I'm not exactly sure what I've done to get it working again. I spent over an hour removing addons re-adding, re-configuring the entire cinema experience addon and now suddenly it seems to be working again. The last thing I did was to remove the Apple Movie Trailers addon (not the lite one). For some reason this had appeared twice in my enabled addons list!

What OS are you using? I'm guessing Windows... It would be nice to see a Linux/Live system have a problem... Oo Because I don't want to point the finger at Windows... Smile
Question 
Hi there,

I am on todays latest SVN because I hoped the Autoframerate setting would be working again but no luck...nybody else got this broken with the current CE release? I had this before a couple of times going from working to not working etc. Just wanted to check if anybody else has the "turn back on autorefresh for movie" setting not working...thx.

Otherwise the script is running fine although i am not streaming trailers but running from loal stored trailer files.

Keep the great work flowing :-)!

PS I tried with Pre Eden on and off still no luck.
im having trouble installing this, after installing from zip from xbmc, nothing shows up in the source.

newest xbmc nightly
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
henrikyo Wrote:im having trouble installing this, after installing from zip from xbmc, nothing shows up in the source.

newest xbmc nightly

How are you installing from a zip?
Pino72 Wrote:Hi there,

I am on todays latest SVN because I hoped the Autoframerate setting would be working again but no luck...nybody else got this broken with the current CE release? I had this before a couple of times going from working to not working etc. Just wanted to check if anybody else has the "turn back on autorefresh for movie" setting not working...thx.

Otherwise the script is running fine although i am not streaming trailers but running from loal stored trailer files.

Keep the great work flowing :-)!

PS I tried with Pre Eden on and off still no luck.

Could you post a debug log to pastebin(.ca or .com) It's tough troubleshooting problems with out it... Follow the instructions on the first page of this thread...
Slide Pack

Quantum of Solace
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QTU02I3D
giftie Wrote:What OS are you using? I'm guessing Windows... It would be nice to see a Linux/Live system have a problem... Oo Because I don't want to point the finger at Windows... Smile

Correct Win7 64. Guessing it might be something like that as well ... my friend had the same problem so I went around and tried all the things I tried to fix it on mine. Nothing seemed to work then I ran XBMC in admin mode, did not work at first, restarted in normal mode and now it works! Maybe it needed to run in admin mode once to save some settings in the C:\program files directory? Unfortunately I forgot to save the log file from my friends pc when it wasn't working. I did find an old log file of mine though which I could post but I'm not sure how much help it will be as it 1.5meg of me trying all kinds of different things to get it working Big Grin Unfortunately the pastebin max size of 500kb means I would have to split it several times ...
aussieburger Wrote:Correct Win7 64. Guessing it might be something like that as well ... my friend had the same problem so I went around and tried all the things I tried to fix it on mine. Nothing seemed to work then I ran XBMC in admin mode, did not work at first, restarted in normal mode and now it works! Maybe it needed to run in admin mode once to save some settings in the C:\program files directory? Unfortunately I forgot to save the log file from my friends pc when it wasn't working. I did find an old log file of mine though which I could post but I'm not sure how much help it will be as it 1.5meg of me trying all kinds of different things to get it working Big Grin Unfortunately the pastebin max size of 500kb means I would have to split it several times ...

Though the hanging seems pretty consistent on Windows system, I did manage to get the same error, on my Linux system, that everyone else has had:

Code:
Error trying to retrieve an item that's out of range

So I am pretty confident that the error is internal to XBMC. Which if it is, it will only be fixed for Eden.

I have submitted a bug report to the XBMC devs with all my findings. If I am wrong about it, they'll let me know and I'll have to fix it in the script.

Though you said you have it 'fixed' on your side(I hate it when problems seem to fix themselves) Hopefully the other users reporting the same problem(using Windows) can solve it the same way - Run As Admin, then as a Normal user. The error was not consistently happening on my Linux box so I'm not too worried about it(unless more Linux users report a problem)

Thanks getting back to me regarding the problem...
Once in a while I'll get a period where it works well for a while but then soon enough it goes back to near constant broken-ness. Im guessing thats what previous poster is actually seeing. I have UAC turned off with an admin user and I still get the problem although I confess to not actually having tried the 'run as admin' as yet.
I just found a bug in the script.
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,command<li>movie_title=The%20Illusionist)

It will start the Cinnema Exp. script but not the movie if the move is inside a RAR file.... It works ok with non compressed movies.
noem Wrote:I just found a bug in the script.
Code:
RunScript(script.cinema.experience,command<li>movie_title=The%20Illusionist)

It will start the Cinnema Exp. script but not the movie if the move is inside a RAR file.... It works ok with non compressed movies.

One the format that XBMC magically handles Smile

Could you post a Debug log with this being tried, I would really like to see what XBMC is sending back for information for the RAR file.

The other format that probably does not work is ISO.
Hi there,

maybe someone can help me out. I work with the Aeon MQ2 skin. A view months ago I installed the skin and the cinema experience script. I just added 1 intro video and I chose 2 trailers. All was working perfect for many weeks but then it just stopped working. I have no idea why because I did not do any changes at all.

In the meantime the skin supports the script with the new cinema section but I can not start anything from there because none of my keyboard input (0 or Q) is accepted.

I also had set up my own movie section (playlist) and I always was able to start the cinema experience from the info page of the chosen movie. I still can do this but after the intro is played the script just does not continue. It is not showing any trailer and not the movie as well. I have to "escape" and have to srat the movie without the "experience".

Does anybody have any idea what could have changed and what I can do to make it work again? Thanks for any help.

Cheers.
markimark Wrote:Hi there,

maybe someone can help me out. I work with the Aeon MQ2 skin. A view months ago I installed the skin and the cinema experience script. I just added 1 intro video and I chose 2 trailers. All was working perfect for many weeks but then it just stopped working. I have no idea why because I did not do any changes at all.

Need a Debug log to help figure out what is going on

Quote:In the meantime the skin supports the script with the new cinema section but I can not start anything from there because none of my keyboard input (0 or Q) is accepted.

Hmmm... Not sure here.. I wonder if for some reason the Queue option is mapped to a different key. You are using a normal keyboard(wired or rf) not IR. I wonder what you 'keyboard.xml' file has mapped for 'Queue'

Quote:I also had set up my own movie section (playlist) and I always was able to start the cinema experience from the info page of the chosen movie. I still can do this but after the intro is played the script just does not continue. It is not showing any trailer and not the movie as well. I have to "escape" and have to srat the movie without the "experience".

Does anybody have any idea what could have changed and what I can do to make it work again? Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

The debug log would help out a lot...
Does that really help you? I can not read it at all.....(sorry)

pastebin.com/IRVJCYYP
markimark Wrote:Does that really help you? I can not read it at all.....(sorry)

pastebin.com/IRVJCYYP

Nothing showing up on Pastebin.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24