Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 148(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2012-04-18, 21:03)matthieu299 Wrote: Anybody know if it's possible to create xbmc event for audio section, program section (when you go in the section)

It is possible. There would need to be a service addon created to monitor page access. The hard part is to separate the different Video sections(Files, Movies, TV Shows)

Hi - I hope someone can help me. I'm having trouble getting the CE script to work the way I want.
For Movie trailers I'm using the XBMC Library option as I want i to play trailers of movies I have in my collection, but it seems to crash the cript everytime after it plays a trailer.
I have placed log here:
http://pastebin.com/DcJTJE96

Can you let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong? I'm on Eden RC2 on Windows.

Thanks a lot,

Dave
Amazing Add-on, Thankyou!
Looking into making some intros, but they seem very time consuming.
Anyone used ivipid.com to make any? Looks really simple but not exactly cheap. Just wondering on the finished quality before I forked the dough.

Oops, should've searched. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...Ivipid.com
(2012-04-20, 11:34)Daavid Wrote: Hi - I hope someone can help me. I'm having trouble getting the CE script to work the way I want.
For Movie trailers I'm using the XBMC Library option as I want i to play trailers of movies I have in my collection, but it seems to crash the cript everytime after it plays a trailer.
I have placed log here:
http://pastebin.com/DcJTJE96

Can you let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong? I'm on Eden RC2 on Windows.

Thanks a lot,

Dave

Couple of problems. Eden has some fixes to bugs in RC2(this addon did make these bugs show up). Next problem(small issue) When the movies are scraped, the trailers are stored as the YouTube plugin links. This causes some issues with this test version of the script(as it does think that video has been stopped, since the YouTube plugin is slightly different then a locally stored trailer.) I will be releasing another test version that might have this fixed. Not sure exactly when I will release it.

Cheers for the info Giftie - I have been avoiding moving to Eden as I hear it may cause some problems with PsuedoTV compared to RC2.
I'll keep an eye out for the new test version that you may be releasing and if it doesn't sort the problem out I'll update to Eden.
Thanks for a great plugin and the info!!!
Is there any way to automate the cinema experience when I hit play? For example I'm coming from media browser and when I hit play on a movie it automatically plays my intro. On xbmc I have to Hit I on my keyboard and select CE. Is there any way I can get it to play when I hit play or to pop up to the screen and let me choose play or play with CE from the remote and not have to grab my keyboard? I'm using a Harmony one remote on the aeon mq3 skin if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
(2012-04-21, 21:42)wraslor Wrote: Is there any way to automate the cinema experience when I hit play? For example I'm coming from media browser and when I hit play on a movie it automatically plays my intro. On xbmc I have to Hit I on my keyboard and select CE. Is there any way I can get it to play when I hit play or to pop up to the screen and let me choose play or play with CE from the remote and not have to grab my keyboard? I'm using a Harmony one remote on the aeon mq3 skin if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Your harmony remote should be able to open the Video Info screen, often the guide button. You can also change the function of the play button inside the remote.xml file.
Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <remote>
      <zero>Queue</zero>
      <clear>Delete</clear>
    </remote>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
To:
Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <remote>
      <play>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</play>
      <zero>Queue</zero>
      <clear>Delete</clear>
    </remote>
  </MyVideoLibrary>

The only problem with this is that it will activate Cinema Experience any time Play is pressed from the Video Library(TV Shows, Music Videos....) The script will crash only if not started in the Movies section.

Another option is to use a skin that allows the script to be activated from the Home Window(there are a few). Then if the script is started this way, all you need to do is Queue a Movie(ie press '0'(zero) on your remote)

@giftie

Thanks for the info. I had not tried the guide button. If I changed the remote code and hit play then it would start CE which would be perfect as I only play one of my intros at random before the film. However you say it would crash if played from the TV section? Would it throw an error or just start playing the tv show? The only categories I use are movies and tv shows.

As for another theme I'm kind of stuck as I have a 3D collection in the movies and as far as I've seen the aeon mq3 is the only theme that has the 3D cover overlays unless you know of a different one?

Thanks again for the help.
Aeon MQ3 has the ability to start Cinema Experience from the Home Window(ie using the Queue option)

As for the script failing when triggered from TV Shows. I'm not 100% sure what will happen.

(2011-03-22, 00:50)giftie Wrote:
PatOso Wrote:When playing the trailer with the latest version of "cinema experience" when I press "O" appears as the DXVA enabled but the cpu consumption is 70%, with version 1.0 the cpu is 20%. This is very rare.

The script is now running in the background(since version 1.0.31), where on 1.0 it ended as soon as the video started to play. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate either, since mine shows 100% which would mean it should stutter even on the skin(Aeon MQ2 testing right now) and it's smooth. But the Higher CPU rate is because the script is running in the background.
I seem to be only getting this when the actual movie kicks in. During the slides, intro videos and hd trailers, the cpu hovers around the 2-5% mark (I have dxva enabled). As soon as the movie kicks in, the cpu jumps up to 50%-70% and stays there for the rest of the film, which means all the fans in my htpc go into overdrive Confused It doesn't seem to matter which movie I choose. Playing the movie without cinema experience means the cpu goes back to 2-5%. It's bizarre.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/Pbsm1CGw

(2012-04-22, 11:56)Sneeka Wrote:
(2011-03-22, 00:50)giftie Wrote:
PatOso Wrote:When playing the trailer with the latest version of "cinema experience" when I press "O" appears as the DXVA enabled but the cpu consumption is 70%, with version 1.0 the cpu is 20%. This is very rare.

The script is now running in the background(since version 1.0.31), where on 1.0 it ended as soon as the video started to play. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate either, since mine shows 100% which would mean it should stutter even on the skin(Aeon MQ2 testing right now) and it's smooth. But the Higher CPU rate is because the script is running in the background.
I seem to be only getting this when the actual movie kicks in. During the slides, intro videos and hd trailers, the cpu hovers around the 2-5% mark (I have dxva enabled). As soon as the movie kicks in, the cpu jumps up to 50%-70% and stays there for the rest of the film, which means all the fans in my htpc go into overdrive Confused It doesn't seem to matter which movie I choose. Playing the movie without cinema experience means the cpu goes back to 2-5%. It's bizarre.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/Pbsm1CGw

Any chance you can put a movie theatre outro video and try again? I have a feeling that the part of the script that tests to ensure the last video is being played might be loading down the system.

(2012-04-22, 19:51)giftie Wrote: Any chance you can put a movie theatre outro video and try again? I have a feeling that the part of the script that tests to ensure the last video is being played might be loading down the system.
Ah! yes, that works Big Grin

Sorry, dunno why I didn't try that beforehand. Thanks giftie Blush

The cpu still shoots up when it comes to play the outro video, but as long as it's not during the main film, I'm happy.
I'm having problems with XBMC Eden freezing upon the start of CE when I set it to download trailers from Apple (newest). I've uninstalled and removed all CE configuration files, reinstalled 2.0.53, setup Trivia only, and that works fine, but as soon as I add download trailers to the mix, XBMC freezes at or shortly after the "Building Playlist" screen. Once I kill the XBMC process (running Windows XP), I can see that the trailers have been downloaded to the directory I specified. If I change CE to use streaming trailers from Apple, then it works fine, but I'd much prefer to download trailers during the trivia instead of streaming them. I can provide a debug log if this problem is something new.

One new thing I did notice is that the volume display is shown on screen when the trivia portion of the script fades out the music-any way to hide that?

Sorry if this all has been recently addressed-I haven't followed this thread for a little while.
(2012-04-23, 01:12)barcoboy Wrote: I'm having problems with XBMC Eden freezing upon the start of CE when I set it to download trailers from Apple (newest). I've uninstalled and removed all CE configuration files, reinstalled 2.0.53, setup Trivia only, and that works fine, but as soon as I add download trailers to the mix, XBMC freezes at or shortly after the "Building Playlist" screen. Once I kill the XBMC process (running Windows XP), I can see that the trailers have been downloaded to the directory I specified. If I change CE to use streaming trailers from Apple, then it works fine, but I'd much prefer to download trailers during the trivia instead of streaming them. I can provide a debug log if this problem is something new.

One new thing I did notice is that the volume display is shown on screen when the trivia portion of the script fades out the music-any way to hide that?

Sorry if this all has been recently addressed-I haven't followed this thread for a little while.

A full debug log is needed.

The volume bar is fixed in XBMC Git master.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Eden bug release version.
http://pastebin.com/ETqjUE8L
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24