• 7(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
It already does reject images that aren't the right size.
hikaricore Wrote:It already does reject images that aren't the right size.

Cool!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Yeah...plenty to do. Just thought it might be a good idea. Need others to comment though. Ownership makes sense to me - but am I rational?? Laugh

Can you make the site automatically reject images if they are the wrong size?

It already should? Is that not working?

*edit* should have read the next page before responding, lol
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Maxoo: As hikaricore said things are a work in progress, multi downloads would be fairly easy to implement, so I will have a look at implementing it.
Great, thanks !

Kode Wrote:If an image is attributed then there is an account set up, I had a quick look and it looks like you had registered on lockstockmods. Anyone who was on lockstockmods and had contributed any art was automatically migrated to fanart.tv
[...]
Most of the images should be correctly attributed, in order to do that authors that weren't already on the fanart site were automatically created with a fake email and a random password, so if anyone wants access to their account created like this pm me your email address and I'll change it which will allow you to do a recover password.
All the images I uploaded to xbmcstuff show Maxoo as the author, but I don't see them in Control Panel -> Tv Thumbs (for exemple) -> My submissions. That's not really important, I'm just noticing Wink

Also, it would be great to have season thumbs sorted by author - season number. Right now it's kind of a mess Confused
My Submissions currently only shows images of yours that are either in the pending queue or denied queue.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Ok, didn't understand that Big Grin
It doesn't seem to work for TV thumb. I added some glee ones, and nothing shows up under "My submissions".
hikaricore Wrote:
Quote:Updated ClearArt Rules

Images must be in png format sized 500x281 pixels, no exceptions.
Clearart should contain images of character(s) or highly recognisable major items from the series as well as a recognisable series logo.
Use transparency in areas not filled with characters, logos, etc. If possible remove background elements like buildings.
Avoid cutting off the sides of characters, never cut off the top of their heads, and do not crop off any part of the logo.
Most skins align these on the bottom right of the screen so if you have no alternative but to crop a square edge do it on this side.
Character/logo traces should be clean or make use of a glow/shadow, we will NOT accept clearart with jagged edges or lazy tracing.

Input welcome, if you think I missed anything in my tired state.

Don't want this to get buried. :p
Maxoo Wrote:Ok, didn't understand that Big Grin
It doesn't seem to work for TV thumb. I added some glee ones, and nothing shows up under "My submissions".

I'll check it tomorrow, just got in from Christmas party so not really in a state to look at it now.
Willing to help anyways I can lads. I made a few logo's "62 approved". Liking that! (probably 100's a crap though! Wink)

Reading through some of the posts, how about a Windows/Linux Gadget/Widget on people's desktops approving/denying entries? That will get the responses you need. I'll happily participate in this (although my coding skills are dyer!)

RSS Feeds - can they be fed to a widget for the thumbs up/down page? RSS, not quite working yet I see?

I have a whole weekend of nothing this weekend. Shall either make a few logo/clearART's or help with any other mundane tasks you boys need doing... Shout me up. Smile

Tried to submit a Fresh Prince ClearART at the right size of 500x281.
Quote:Images must be 400px wide by 155px high

I also think trakt (my siggy) should look into using the logos! Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu77 Wrote:Willing to help anyways I can lads. I made a few logo's "62 approved". Liking that! (probably 100's a crap though! Wink)

Reading through some of the posts, how about a Windows/Linux Gadget/Widget on people's desktops approving/denying entries? That will get the responses you need. I'll happily participate in this (although my coding skills are dyer!)

RSS Feeds - can they be fed to a widget for the thumbs up/down page? RSS, not quite working yet I see?

I have a whole weekend of nothing this weekend. Shall either make a few logo/clearART's or help with any other mundane tasks you boys need doing... Shout me up. Smile

Tried to submit a Fresh Prince ClearART at the right size of 500x281.

I also think trakt (my siggy) should look into using the logos! Smile

Are you sure you tried submitting it to the ClearART section?

*edit* Were you doing it in the front end or backend actually?

*edit2*Must have been backend, that should be fixed now Smile

Maxoo: they should show up in all the sections now, I hadn't ported the code from ClearLOGOs to any of the other sections.
There appears to be some issues with my hosts, the site appears to be down, I will update when i get it resolved
@hikaricore
fuck it.
I give up.

I make 'em so low that the drop shadow gets cut off and you still say they are not bottom aligned.

I just can not be fucked to even help any more.. I think you are going to have fun finding people to help you.
Your standards are to high, and completely unrealistic. I'll go back to helping people that appreciate the work that I put in.

FYI, I have about 8 people from my work that I have got using XBMC in the last 3-4 months and they all agree that this is beyond a joke. I am making the ones that they are missing and no one thinks that they are sub par even when I pull them aside and show them ones that are rejected every single one laughs.

When you make it a bit more realistic, I will help. But for now you guys can have fun trying to get people to make commercial quality images from sub-par sources with no incentive.

This is my 2c, but thought it should be said and if you wish to continue in the way you are it does not affect me and I will not hold it against you. I am only one man, in the thousands of people that use XBMC. As long as I can keep creating my own, I am happy.

I will keep an eye on this thread, for future updates. However this is only due to the fact that I think clear logos add so much to this program.

Feel free to disagree, as I said this is just my opinion, and I do not hold it against others for there’s

One last thing, all mine are centre aligned, and look it looks a lot cleaner.
You have some that are 4 lines deep in a large PX, and then some that are in small PX on single line. When these are side by side they look stupid, but if they are centre aligned they look fine.

I will gladly show you screen shots if you would like, but I am sure that you would be able to see this in your own library.

Edit:
I know this sounds way harsh, but I wanted to say what I think (once again it's just my opinon, I am sorry if it offends you).
I think that what you guys have done with the site is AWESOME, REALLY!
The site looks great, and the API, then you have made the changes in the control panal and on the main page.. it really is heading somewhere..
Sorted, someone i let use my server was getting DDoSed, so I've had to null route his ips.

Everything should be back to normal.
I do have one question.
What the hell happened to the Victoria secret logo.

I can see it in recently approved, but it looks like shit. It is not what I uplaoded.

On my computer all the little white stars line up with the letters. On what is showing on the site they are about 2mm above the text?? WTF is with that?

Is this why you keep saying thay are not bottom aligned?

From my PC (added a black background so you can compaire) -> http://img88.imageshack.us/i/vsfs.png/

From your site -> http://img577.imageshack.us/i/sitei.png/

these are both the same file.
I am only keeping the copy that I upload.

Sorry, one last question... You said for I survived "semi-solid cropped background area does not look good an (on) most backdrops" but this is what the logo is. I thought that it is meant to represent the orginal logo.. The orginal logo has a white faded circle for a background. Personaly i think it looks shit (which is why mine does not have it) but I tried to make mine represent the orginal ->
You uploaded several victorias secrets, the one you have kept is the one that was denied for not being bottom aligned, the one that you uploaded and i approved was the one that was at least bottom aligned, I asked if you could make it a little smaller so all the star things fitted in without being cropped and I would replace it but you never responded.

I'm guessing the reason your logos are denied for not being bottom aligned is that either the drop shadows you put on them are way to big so in order for the drop shadow not to be cropped the text has to sit way above the bottom of the image, or you aren't taking on board the hints hikaricore gave you.

Your images for the most part have been good, and easily good enough to be accepted if the alignment was correct, so its not a matter of our standards being too high.

The reason we specify images must be bottom aligned is because long before I joined the project that was the standard decided, therefore thats the standard skins are expected to follow if they want to use them.

Nobody wants to go through 2500 images now to change this, so thats the standard.

And because its the standard, its what has to be followed, you think it doesnt look as good when they are bottom aligned as they do when they are centre aligned, and maybe in the skin you are using that's true, but just think how shit it would look if some where centre aligned, some were bottom aligned, some were top aligned.

We aren't trying to get at you, as I have said, you images on the whole are good, but we can't just ignore the rules to make you happy because then everyone loses out.

I hope you can see our point and continue to try helping out, just make sure the images are bottom aligned! Tongue
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4