• 26(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
NeoRame Wrote:btw, is it possible to get an option to delete denied pictures? (because i uploded "Parker Lewis" twice. one of it was apply the other lies around my account.)
and if it possible to get an uploaded section for users so i can see what images i uploaded?

Mods actually have the ability to delete rather than deny images, but allowing users to delete their denied images might not be a bad idea.

I gave the source to someone who wanted to help get involved with new features so have been waiting to see what comes of that before continuing development, but he seems to have gone MIA.

I've also been looking for help from some designers as my signature suggests, so far zero response.

Would also like some tutorials done that I can put on the site to help people who want to get involved, including what will and wont be accepted, what is borderline, why it will get rejected, what could be done to improve it.

When the only people really helping out are hikaricore and MarkAsRead (though I just went to the denied list and the majority is hikaricore, and the latest approved is all hikaricore) it's a little hard to get enthused about adding new features when the current site for the most part works fine as is.

Hopefully though, when my new laptop is set up, I will be adding some new features, so stay tuned.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Sup guys good to finally chat with you guys. Sorry for not getting on the forums sooner but I try and stay off message boards and social networking sites.

Hikari - Just wanted to explain that the old stuff I resubmitted had the corrections (noted when denied) and checked to make sure they weren't fixed and resubmitted before I redid them. Most were incorrect alignment and I didn't even bother with the general "not high enough quality" denied ones. Sorry if that was annoying to you, was just helping out with filling some holes since the original submitters seemed to grump off.

Neo - Haha, mate. Do your own work, I can fix and resubmit my own stuff! Keep in mind that I just started doing these a couple weeks ago so still learning but getting better every day Wink That said, I added a shadow to your Kennedy logo which was missing (IMO) and submitted it which I'd like to apologize for, I didn't know how to contact you before.

Kode - good work so far I know it's a hell of a lot of work. I'm doing web design at the mo so I'll help you out where and when I can.
NeoRame Wrote:it's not only your imagination i noticed it too. that`s why i rework/create some of his stuff to give some "good" ones to your site...
Can I please get credit for the BBC WW2 (without BBC logo), Nick Swardson's Pretend Time and Teen Wolf please? Wasn't even given a chance to fix and resubmit before he grabbed mine, reworked them and submitted them as his own.

dannycorker Wrote:Anyone fancy doing the Walking With Beasts logo for me? Been sat at the top of the requests for 42 days now Sad
Danny, third try going through now. The problem is there isn't any high qual logos to work with so you can only do so much. I've done a careful trace but still had issues with the smaller letters so I've redone them pixel by pixel and hoping it makes it this time through...
i dont reworked this stuff i create it totally new! most of my stuff are vector shapes or font layer Oo
NeoRame Wrote:i dont reworked this stuff i create it totally new! most of my stuff are vector shapes or font layer Oo
I just quoted you admitting that you reworked them and they were submitted within hours of mine being denied. That's one heck of a coincidence!
i submitted these stuff BEFOR he denied your stuff but ok!

and hey, yes i create these stuff myself:

Nicks Logo = Georgia Font with stroke and drop shadow 100% (4-6 times)
TeenWolf = Arial Black (Italic) + Two colors and a dropshadow
World War = "Stencilia-A" Font + finished with a disorted brush+ 2 colors and a dropshadow

i take the time to search the right font or create this shit myself with a vector layer Tongue
All good bro, just giving you a hard time Smile

By the way, thanks for the help with filling some requests today we're slowly whittling down the list. Can you have a go at Keeping Up Appearances? It'd be good to get it off the list and it's giving me a massive headache.
Does anyone have any objections with me changing the naming scheme?

When the files were in a directory it made sense for there to be a standard naming scheme (though it wasn't properly thought out in any case) of seriesname-thetvdbid.png, seriesname-thetvdbid-2.png, seriesname-thetvdbid-3.png etc, however, this has caused some issues.

Specifically I believe when deleting items such as -2.png and -3.png needing to be renamed to -2.png, there have been cases where it has caused wrong files to be renamed and some lost, something that is easily preventable with my suggestion below.

As we have an API needing to have a consistant naming scheme is irrelevant, especially as the logo is going to be renamed after it is downloaded anyway.

Currently when a logo is uploaded pending approval it is named uniqueid.png (something like 4d03f90e88937.png) then when it is approved it is renamed.

What I would like to do is on the initial upload name it seriesname-uniquid.png so bones-4d03f90e88937.png, then keep this name when it is approved, this would mean that we wouldn't need to rename files when others are deleted etc. and would make the whole system more robust.

*edit*
This wouldn't affect current images, they would keep their current names, it would just be new images.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
hum, i'm asking myself if this won't break a little the script.

i rememenber that the script is always taking the first image (i.e. , taking out the '-3' from the name.

keep me update when you've got something to test.
ppic Wrote:hum, i'm asking myself if this won't break a little the script.

i rememenber that the script is always taking the first image (i.e. , taking out the '-3' from the name.

keep me update when you've got something to test.

Well currently the API returns a list, could you not just use the first result? i.e.
http://fanart.tv/api/fanart.php?id=75682 returns:

<clearlogos>
<clearlogo url="http://fanart.tv/fanart/73739/clearlogo/Lost-73739.png"/>
<clearlogo url="http://fanart.tv/fanart/73739/clearlogo/Lost-73739-2.png"/>
</clearlogos>
hum, i don't remember what the code done, maybe you're right, i'm taking the first.
ppic Wrote:hum, i don't remember what the code done, maybe you're right, i'm taking the first.

Well before the API you would have had to take out the -3 etc, I'm not sure what changes you made to the script since switching to the API though?
Just had a look at your source, I'm assuming it's this bit:

Code:
def search_logo( self ):
        match = re.findall("""<clearlogo url="(.*?)"/>""" , self.lockstock_xml)
        if match:
            if self.mode == "solo" : self.image_list = match
            if self.mode == "bulk" : self.image_url = match[0]
            return True
        else:
            print "### No logo found !"
            if self.mode == "solo": xbmcgui.Dialog().ok("Not Found" , "No logo found!" )
            self.image_list = False
            return False

If I'm reading that right, it says if you are in solo mode (I assume thats when you are looking for a specific show and using the dialog to choose which logo you want) set image_list to all the results, but if you are in bulk mode (so finding images automatically, not asking for user input) use the first match, so any changes to the naming scheme shouldn't affect the script at all Smile
yeap right !
From the perspective of a contributor I like it as your submission would have a trackable ID from the moment uploaded so you can keep a record when submitted since there's no access to our submitted/approved stuff at present. From a user perspective the current numbering system allows people to determine the latest submissions (by highest number) when selecting through the scraper, but the first offered should be the most popular/downloaded/voted anyways.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4