• 27(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
Seriously, stop submitting the same images I just denied. I'm getting really sick of it.
This is not how things work around here, you don't just keep submitting until someone else approves them.
When I deny an image there's a reason, if you're not going to fix it then simply don't bother submitting it again.

Kode is there any way we can implement a crc/md5 check of images to automatically reject exact duplicates?
I know it would probably be a right pain in the ass but some of our contributors are really abusing our current design.
BlueNZ Wrote:but the first offered should be the most popular/downloaded/voted anyways.

hmm, ppic, I have an idea, not sure if its possible though, so if not don't worry about it.

When someone goes through solo mode, so specifically chooses a logo, could we somehow send something back to fanart.tv basically saying they "like" that one?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
hikaricore Wrote:Kode is there any way we can implement a crc/md5 check of images to automatically reject exact duplicates?
I know it would probably be a right pain in the ass but some of our contributors are really abusing our current design.

I'll look into it, my gf is at work tomorrow and I'm not, so I could spend some time on it.

Is there a particular user?

Also, don't re-deny them, just delete them.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
It's getting to the point that I can't keep track of them all.
There are a few key users who I've already warned, but this has happened before.
It's almost like someone told them they can just resubmit until they get their way.
Ok, well I will change it so when a file is uploaded an md5 hash is generated for it, will test that hash against denied images, if it matches it won't allow it.

Could we have false positives with this though?

I'd imagine even if false positives were possible they would be so remote as not to worry about them.
Kode Wrote:hmm, ppic, I have an idea, not sure if its possible though, so if not don't worry about it.

When someone goes through solo mode, so specifically chooses a logo, could we somehow send something back to fanart.tv basically saying they "like" that one?

yeap, just give me a request to make, when a logo is downloaded, i send the request with image name or other .
I just PMed hikari about this but just wanted to say that I DID resubmit three images today without any changes because I don't think anything is wrong with them (considering 2 are pure font I don't see how they could be) and when i read this thread it specifically said if you think the mods have made a mistake submit them again.
As for the mods, it would be great if they could take a moment and explain what the problem is and whether it's compression, jagged lines, low resolution or whatever the problem is rather than "image is not high enough quality". I've had about 30 images denied by a certain mod and only one has had any constructive remarks about the denial.
My point of resubmitting was to simply get an explanation about what was wrong and honestly, yes that means the other mod having a look at it.
BlueNZ: I've been asking for ages if someone would put together a list of borderline images with detailed comments on why they would be denied, what could be done to improve them so they get accepted, etc so instead of just putting "image is not high enough quality" the mod could point to a case study, this would make everyones life easier, however, no one has taken this up.
ppic Wrote:yeap, just give me a request to make, when a logo is downloaded, i send the request with image name or other .

What about if I changed
<clearlogo url="http://fanart.tv/fanart/73739/clearlogo/Lost-73739.png"/>
to
<clearlogo id="1577" url="http://fanart.tv/fanart/73739/clearlogo/Lost-73739.png"/>
would you be able to send the id? Or would that be too difficult to implement?
"When I deny an image there's a reason, if you're not going to fix it then simply don't bot her submitting it again."

Yes i upload it again! your reason was a "Not bottom aligned." and i send a second image with an massage in it (because there is no comment function Sad ) because MY IMAGE IS ALIGNED since my first upload!!!!! and yes it is an different language because that is the series Title in Germany.

comment function for iploaded images are badly needed!!!

here is a proof of my image that my upload is align (for those guys who dont want to open Photoshop)

sorry i cant do more than alaign it to the bottom without cutting off the dropshadow!

Kind regards
NeoRame
Cheers Kode,
I'll be happy to do it shortly I just need to get some clarification and learn what to do better myself.
I'm not sure what the backend looks like but perhaps the mods could have a few quick options for denial reasons to give submitters some clarification whether they should bother spending an hour scouring the image for stray pixels and trying to clean it up or start from scratch.

Neo - just had a look at your png and I agree that it is NOT bottom aligned. You need to put a fill layer on, zoom in on the bottom edge and use the move tool and the arrow buttons to get your image lower until the shadow/glow/bottom edge touches the bottom edge of the canvas.
Being closer to the bottom than the top isn't the same as being bottom aligned, we state:

Add a small 1-2px drop shadow/border so if on a lighter skin they'll pop out a little more instead of blend in.

If you seriously can't get any close to the bottom without cropping the drop shadow that is an excessive drop shadow, what is it? 10px?
it IS /B] alaign [b]DAMED!!! it is only a very smooth dropshadow! girls, here a little gfx lession: if you selected a layer in PS and press strg+T you can transform your layer.... btw the border that was activated is showing you the visible room of your picture!!! trust me i work more than 12 years with gfx....

ok here another example.i duplicated the pic repeatedly:

EDIT:
ok, that is a deal but why there arent a comment funtion to clarefied these little stuff? i f fix it and reuploade.... (again Oo)
As I said, that drop shadow is excessive, drop shadow is NOT a requirement for an image, it's only supposed to be there so the image doesn't dissapear when used on different backgrounds.
NeoRame are you uploading from the front end or the backend? I must share some of this blame, because I have just had a look and the only place I could see the rules are when you click on Upload an image on the front end:

Image Size 400 x 155px
Centered and Bottom Align
Try to fill as much width/height as possible
Try to go with the lighter color version of a logo since 90% of skins are dark
Add a small 1-2px drop shadow/border so if on a lighter skin they'll pop out a little more instead of blend in
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4