• 33(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
laforge Wrote:Hi Kode,

I've registered at fanart.tv intending to upload cdart images. I'm using the template supplied but I'm having trouble getting 24bit png files with transparency at 1000x1000 pixels under the 620kb limit, even with png compression set to the maximum. Is this just me and my settings or is the limit set too low?? A lot of cdarts on xbmcstuff.com hit around the 400-450kb mark with a resolution of just 450x450px.

Hi mate, send me one and I will see.

There are several things you can do to get the size down, play with the posterize settings, try a surface blur, use the paint bucket.

Every one I have tried so far I have been able to get under the limit.

Also don't forget to try using smushit.com as well, that can often help.

You mention png compression, are you using photoshop or The Gimp? The template doesn't really work very well for The Gimp, a lot of layers are messed up and it just doesn't work very well.

Someone was trying to use The Gimp and all their images were coming in at over 1mb, they sent me the image, I put it into the template, without making any changes and saved it and immediately it was down to 350kb, then using smushit it went down to under 300kb
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Hi mate, send me one and I will see.

You mention png compression, are you using photoshop or The Gimp? The template doesn't really work very well for The Gimp, a lot of layers are messed up and it just doesn't work very well.

Photoshop to create the images, although I resaved them in The Gimp to see if it made any difference to the size (it didn't). The links below are to a couple of png files for testing, both have been reduced using smushit.

thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kp1q4n4ij9nffmv (710kb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kebhm0an6wyhfrl (1MB)
http://gallery.normalpeoplehateme.com/in...owdedhouse

411kb all I did was import your image, set the posterize level to 19, save it then smush it.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Posterise and Blur lose detail to reduce file size. This works well on cdart with solid colours (and indeed all of my simpler discs now fit the limit) but some of my picture discs look a bit ordinary by the time I've squeezed them into the filesize. Anyway, thanks for your help and time in checking out those images.

Next question :p - how do I upload a 'various artists'/compilation disc? The musicbrainz category which matches this type of release (89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377) shows no options for upload and fanart.tv doesn't list by release title, right?
Yeah it's a bit of a trade off, but most of the time there is very little difference when using posterize (depending on the level you use of course), and smushit can sometimes reduce the size by a further 30-40%.

Aa lot of the time the reason the file sizes are so big is because of crappy scans that have lots of artifacts, a surface blur / posterize usually helps with that, but it's not always the right tool

http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=89ad4ac...509c546377 thats the entry for various artists, to add a new one find the release-group id on musicbrainz and go to http://fanart.tv/api/addalbum.php?id=releasegroupid where releasegroupid is the id you got from musicbrainz
could someone please look after the website coding? both ie9 and ff5 are having problems displaying the site correctly. every click on "next" in the pending requests and latest logos section force the site to reload but didn't show up the next page. worked well on ff4.
somebody else experiencing those problems?
ff5? ff4 was only released 2 months ago.

Also make sure the site is fully loaded before clicking on next.

It should be fixed in IE now (there was a variable in the js called class, which apparently IE reserves), it works in ff4, chrome, IE8, I havent got ff5 or IE9 so I can't test those
How does FanArt.TV deal with Compilation Albums?

I have loads of compilation album covers to submit, but cannot get FanArt.TV to find them.

--EDIT--
Just read the previous page! Looks like Kode's working on it (Sorry Mate!) Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:How does FanArt.TV deal with Compilation Albums?

I have loads of compilation album covers to submit, but cannot get FanArt.TV to find them.

--EDIT--
Just read the previous page! Looks like Kode's working on it (Sorry Mate!) Smile

Can you give me an example please?
Kode Wrote:ff5? ff4 was only released 2 months ago.

Also make sure the site is fully loaded before clicking on next.

It should be fixed in IE now (there was a variable in the js called class, which apparently IE reserves), it works in ff4, chrome, IE8, I havent got ff5 or IE9 so I can't test those

yeah it works now in both ff5 and ie9. thanks

and yes it is only the beta of ff5 but the release date will be the 21.6.11
vanMiez Wrote:yeah it works now in both ff5 and ie9. thanks

and yes it is only the beta of ff5 but the release date will be the 21.6.11

Must have been the class thing in both, anyway, glad it is fixed and thanks for the bug testing Wink
How do we request that shows be added? I don't see Greetings From Tucson on there or A Different World. (Edit - Or That 80's Show)

J_K_M_A_N
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:How do we request that shows be added? I don't see Greetings From Tucson on there or A Different World. (Edit - Or That 80's Show)

J_K_M_A_N

Just do a search for it, if it shows up in the search results when you click it, if it's not already in the database it will be added.

If it's not in the search results go on to thetvdb.com find it's id and put that in the search bar.
@Kode

Thought crossed my mind as I am updating my season thumbs, I keep my .psd's for mostly my season thumbs not so much clearart anymore now with the unbundance of logos as it makes it easy to do clearart. If others keep there .psd's would you like to host a 'resources' section where if others want to make other thumbs - tv, season, or clearart - they can use our .psd's?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Could do, how do you see it working though?

There is already a resources section on the cdart section that has a template for doing cdart, although could do with a gimp version because opening the template in gimp loses most of it's usefulness.

Would your resources go at the section level? The show level?

Would the PSD's be a generic template that could be used for any show, say to have a consistant look, or would they be specific to a particular show?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4