• 34(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
My I suggest that you guys give some constructive criticism on rejected logos. My last rejected logo simply said "invissible on a dark background". This is quite funny because the skin I use it in has a dark background. There was no mention on how to improve it or what to fix and then resubmit. This is disheartening and I have no urge to try to improve upon logos to help out the site. (maybe it is too much of a pain in the ass for you guys look and comment on crappy images.) So I have decided to not submit any more of my own.
Pete7 Wrote:My I suggest that you guys give some constructive criticism on rejected logos. My last rejected logo simply said "invissible on a dark background". This is quite funny because the skin I use it in has a dark background. There was no mention on how to improve it or what to fix and then resubmit. This is disheartening and I have no urge to try to improve upon logos to help out the site. (maybe it is too much of a pain in the ass for you guys look and comment on crappy images.) So I have decided to not submit any more of my own.

Gotta agree black colored logo's in general are hard to see and that 'Wierd or What' logo is hard to see also...

Quick googling lead me to a couple other variation's that the show uses for it's logo, maybe those would work better:

Link 1

Link 2

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks for the reply mcborzu. This is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get.
@Pete7 Thanks for your contribution, don't feel disheartened, it just takes a bit of practice.

@New Contributors: Please remember to bottom align you images before submitting them, also read http://fanart.tv/rules/ and http://fanart.tv/image-denials/ and http://fanart.tv/tips/ before submitting as this will help you avoid the common mistakes.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
I know all the cdarts from xbmcstuff.com don't fit your size requirements (imo, a little larger), but can/will they all be copied over to this site?
joebrady Wrote:I know all the cdarts from xbmcstuff.com don't fit your size requirements (imo, a little larger), but can/will they all be copied over to this site?

95% of them already have been, there might be a few missing, but there shouldn't be many, there are currently 1380 of them that need to be replaced, whenever anyone uploads a better quality one it automatically replaces the lower res one.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
If you do find some that haven't been imported let me know.

There was a bug for a while where if there was a cdART marked as needing to be replaced (all those imported from xbmcstuff) and someone uploaded a cover for that particular album it would think the cdART had been replaced and delete the cdART.

Obviously if they also uploaded a cdART for the album this won't matter, but there have been far more album cover submissions than cdART submissions.

When I get a chance I am going to add a section displaying albums that have an album cover but no cdART, hopefully people will concentrate on doing those first.
joebrady Wrote:I know all the cdarts from xbmcstuff.com don't fit your size requirements (imo, a little larger), but can/will they all be copied over to this site?

I think they should, low res is better than no res at all.
To learn more, click here.
Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Phish (no entry at all), Nine Inch Nails, cdarts are missing, I'll look through some of the others I know I uploaded a bunch of and update this post if I find any.

Still looking....
Pink Floyd imported (might be a couple missing because they didn't show in the list, so probably singles), Pearl Jam imported, Phish imported, Nine Inch Nails imported
Kode,

Have a look at the reported page, there is a Season thumb reported that I want to approve, nothing wrong with it, but it won't go away.
yeah, it has something to do with the report system running both tv and music sections but not differentiating between them, so I think something in music got reported, but the system thinks it's for tv, I will try manually removing it from the database, but I can't currently get to phpMyAdmin from my home IP, so will do it on Monday
A quick video to show what you can do with the music images from fanart.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9T_C0CpcY
Kode Wrote:A quick video to show what you can do with the music images from fanart.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9T_C0CpcY

Nice!
I'm an Aeon user myself, right now I'm enjoying this view, on song level.

A (small) suggestion: Since I can't use a script to fill my music logos collection (i got 7 downloaded, but on fanart.tv i found more than 100), maybe you can manage a list view of recent uploads, so i can keep up with recent additions. The images, showing recent uploads doesn't help that much if it's a busy day (many uploads) or i miss few days on fanart.tv.
Cheers!
sergiocos Wrote:Nice!
I'm an Aeon user myself, right now I'm enjoying this view, on song level.

A (small) suggestion: Since I can't use a script to fill my music logos collection (i got 7 downloaded, but on fanart.tv i found more than 100), maybe you can manage a list view of recent uploads, so i can keep up with recent additions. The images, showing recent uploads doesn't help that much if it's a busy day (many uploads) or i miss few days on fanart.tv.
Cheers!

Why can't you use a script(mainly cdART Manager) to download your Logos?
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4