• 40(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
@jacktyler, No worries bud Kode talked me off the ledge Wink
Hi guys, can anyone please make clear logos for the following artists...i was gonna do it myself but then i realized i don't have the skills nor the ability to follow instructions.Blush

Death From Above 1979 (DFA 1979)

Ladytron +/or alternate

Asobi Seksu

M83

Ratatat +/or alternate

Crystal Castles

Boards Of Canada

MGMT +/or alternate

Thanks!
@igbygoesclown

Ladytron: http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=b45335d...6aa36eeaed
Ratatat: http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=f467181...53dcc89ee7
@jacktyler thank you good sir!
@igbygoesclown

MGMT: http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=c485632...fb365681fc

Boards of Canada: http://fanart.tv/musicfanart/?id=69158f9...4ab1ed666e

I'll try to do a few of the others for you. My main PC is broken at the moment, so I'm running a pretty limited system, but hopefully should be sorted soon, so I can do some more.
A tutorial on tv logos and artists logos making would be of immense help, if posted on the tutorial section of fanart.tv. Also guidelines regarding picking images for logo making.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:A tutorial on tv logos and artists logos making would be of immense help, if posted on the tutorial section of fanart.tv. Also guidelines regarding picking images for logo making.

I've asked many times, but no one has really stepped up to the plate yet Wink
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
A lot of guys are submitting logos daily and most of them are accepted, but none willing to share the correct basic procedure
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Rainbow 
Speaking for myself, it's not a case of being "unwilling" to share the correct basic procedure. It's just a case of finding time to make a tutorial.

It's not some great "secret" that I don't want to share, far from it!

I've had a go at doing a basic tutorial, and uploaded it to YouTube.
It's the first video I've ever made and the first tutorial I've ever done, and it's taken me 2 entire days, 9am to 10pm to do it! It's 2 days that I've been unable to do any modding or requests, but hopefully it will be worth it, if it helps people out.

The tutorial is for GIMP - I don't use Photoshop, so I hope people aren't disappointed, if that's the program they use, but even if that's the case, I think it's still worth watching. I've tried to cover some of the general rules and principles.

I've uploaded it to YouTube and I'll check with Kode if it can be added to the site.

I hope it helps. You can leave comments on the video if you want to ask any questions.

Any feedback, would be greatly appreciated too.

Like I said, this is the first time I've ever made a video, so please tell me if it's too slow, too fast, too long, spelling mistakes etc, something not clear or could be better explained, or just plain boring! Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksFb3OZxvNo
I downloaded the tutorial. Its more than I bargained / asked for. Its really helpful.It is really an asset for the Xbmc community and for the fanart.tv website.
bandelguy Wrote:I downloaded the tutorial. Its more than I bargained / asked for. Its really helpful.It is really an asset for the Xbmc community and for the fanart.tv website.

Thank you, you are most welcome. I hope it helps you. I will try to make a few more tutorials in future and aim to get them a bit shorter, say about 10 minutes. But in the meantime, if you need any help or advice, feel free to contact me.

jack Smile
jacktyler Wrote:Speaking for myself, it's not a case of being "unwilling" to share the correct basic procedure. It's just a case of finding time to make a tutorial.

It's not some great "secret" that I don't want to share, far from it!

I've had a go at doing a basic tutorial, and uploaded it to YouTube.
It's the first video I've ever made and the first tutorial I've ever done, and it's taken me 2 entire days, 9am to 10pm to do it! It's 2 days that I've been unable to do any modding or requests, but hopefully it will be worth it, if it helps people out.

The tutorial is for GIMP - I don't use Photoshop, so I hope people aren't disappointed, if that's the program they use, but even if that's the case, I think it's still worth watching. I've tried to cover some of the general rules and principles.

I've uploaded it to YouTube and I'll check with Kode if it can be added to the site.

I hope it helps. You can leave comments on the video if you want to ask any questions.

Any feedback, would be greatly appreciated too.

Like I said, this is the first time I've ever made a video, so please tell me if it's too slow, too fast, too long, spelling mistakes etc, something not clear or could be better explained, or just plain boring! Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksFb3OZxvNo

Hi. Are you able to do similar movie (can be much shorter) for cdART Template (GIMP) ?
I have lot of cds but not enough knowledge of GIMP.
You also should add above link on fanart.tv site
Hey @jacktyler. This is great, you made it look easy so I gave it a try...dont know what I'm doing wrong but I'm stuck after I resized the image to "canvas size".

This is the Image before scaling:

After Scaling:

Canvas Size:

As you can see, only a quarter of the top image is visible. Confused
Hi Igby - I'm glad you're having a go.

Here's what happened.

When you re-scaled, you had the letters selected. Re-scaling then, will only re-scale the current selection, not the whole layer.

That's not a problem though.

Your mistake was to set the new scale width to 400. Because you have the letters selected, you have in effect up-scaled the selection.

It's really easy to sort it out, because the logo will already fit to a 400x155 canvas, without the need for any scaling.

It's easier to explain, if I show you (You only need to watch first 2.5 minutes if you like, the final 3 minutes are a few extra tips):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9XYzlCdz0

Let me know if you have any problems.
Jack Smile
biochip Wrote:Hi. Are you able to do similar movie (can be much shorter) for cdART Template (GIMP) ?
I have lot of cds but not enough knowledge of GIMP.
You also should add above link on fanart.tv site

Hi biochip,

I've started making a CDart video tutorial. CDarts aren't my speciality though, so it may take me a day or so to do it. I'll upload it as soon as it's done (might be later today, might be tomorrow).

I'll aim to make it about 15 minutes - it could be shorter, but I intend to cover 3 different types of the most common CD design.

Jack Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4