[HOW-TO] Add 'Apple Movie Trailers Lite' Submenu button
If you don't have it already you'll need to download and then 'Install from zip' Nuka's repo (link). From there you can get the Apple Movie Trailers Lite add-on and follow the guide below.

How-to video
Sorry for the dumb Question; but where can I find it under Linux/XBMXLive Dharma?

Can't find it under /usr/share/xbmc/addons
Evin Wrote:Sorry for the dumb Question; but where can I find it under Linux/XBMXLive Dharma?

Can't find it under /usr/share/xbmc/addons

it should in the home folder under ~/.xbmc/addons

You first need to enable 'Show hidden files and directories' under 'Appearance -> File lists' for the hidden xbmc folder to show up
Thx, you are my hero of the day. Smile
Very nice feature! Will implemend immediately!
Works like a charm and I love having trailers right there in a submenu. Thanks!
Juanflaco Wrote:Works like a charm and I love having trailers right there in a submenu. Thanks!

Nothing beats them on the main menu, sir. Good to have you on board with the trailer club, regardless.

Wink

(I LOVE Apple Trailers.)
Thanks for this little guide. I understand how to follow the steps to get this working... but you are running XBMC on Windows so the paths must be different for where icons are stored.

I cannot seem to find the Apple Trailers Lite icon to use Huh I am running XBMC Live.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70302
You linked back to the Alaska Revisited release thread. Huh

I am specifically wondering how to find the icon for Apple Trailers Lite under XBMC Live. In your YouTube video you demo on Windows (it seems)... and I cannot figure out where the addon icon is stored in LIVE. Wink
Well I just assumed that the 'Alaska Revisited (XBMC) How to enable Submenu buttons' video showing you the 'Home Folder' would be the same for all XBMC installs. If it's not then I'm sorry but I don't know where they're stored.
Does apple trailers let you watch the HD versions yet?
It has done for ages.
Its telling me there is an update for the repo... any ideas? Thanks.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
bmcclure937 Wrote:You linked back to the Alaska Revisited release thread. Huh

I am specifically wondering how to find the icon for Apple Trailers Lite under XBMC Live. In your YouTube video you demo on Windows (it seems)... and I cannot figure out where the addon icon is stored in LIVE. Wink

It's in a similar place but you need to show hidden folders to find it.

In xbmc go to:

Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> Show hidden files and directories.

Then if you follow the you tube video you should be able to find the image at:

/home/<xbmc_user_name>/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] Add 'Apple Movie Trailers Lite' Submenu button0