MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs
yep, it's been confirmed. i had issues with the latest release of startrek:enterprise (which had ac3 audio)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mplayer version: mplayer pre6 beta dev cvs 1-17-2005
problem: time issues on music media

there's a timer problem when playing the main music media's on xbox .wma, and .mp3 files. when you choose to play music, the timer will start off on like 9 seconds and start to countdown backwards going from 00:09, 00:08, 00:07, etc... the only way to be able to get the correct time is by pressiing the pause button or letting the media play like until 30seconds in.

btw: people who uses ezar2003's mplayer should definately check out the latest dev cvs mplayer pre6.

to developers and project managers: well, i would like to say that with the mplayer pre6 mplayer, the vobsubs interlaced bug and vobsubs are now broken problems that's reported on the sourceforge page doesn't affect the mplayer pre6 mplayer. but don't close those bugs that's on the sourceforge page and saying resoultion fixed until after the mplayer pre6 mplayer is free of more bugs and makes it's way to the cvs as the standard mplayer Cool
lana lang
last updated gmt-05 4:53pm (eastern u.s. and canada)

well, there's obviously some more bugs that remain, i'll quote them from some of the +v members who replied when i asked from #xbmc. they're using the same version of the mplayer pre6 i'm using.
mplayer version: mplayer pre6 beta dev cvs 1-17-2005

Quote:blackwolf
1. theres problems with subs on vobs,seeking is fucked on a lot of divx and xvid but not all.
2. memory leak.
3. sync problems on most wmv.

Quote:loto_baks
1. it doesnt like flac.

Quote:puma81
1. it has probs with winamps stream files also.
lana lang
blackwolf
1. theres problems with subs on vobs
could you be a little more specific?

2. seeking is fucked on a lot of divx and xvid but not all.
depend on what you mean by fucked.

2. memory leak.
if you are talking about that stuff in log itdoesn't matter, we track memusage and free it on exit.. if you mean that after you played a movie and stopped it, the debug meminfo in upper left corner shows less than when you started, it's more serious.. atleast if its alot less. if a movie crashes, it isn't freed untill next movie is played thou.

3. sync problems on most wmv.
hadn't seen, since i've not been able to play wmv's for quite a while. found out i just needed to free up some more mem in debug to do it, will see if i can find the reason.

loto_baks
1. it doesnt like flac.
true, but neither did the old one, even standard mplayer is shaky for me with flac.

puma81
1. it has probs with winamps stream files also.
oh, hadn't noticed. could somebody provide me with a stream that used to work in the pre5 dll but doesn't in the new one?

timer problem i'm very surprised of.. worked very heard to get ff/rw working in mp3's again.. thought i'd have noticed that while messing around with it. will have a look again..

ps. thanx, diontae16 for putting these stuff in here, please direct the people with the bugreports to this thread and i'll see what i can do about most of them.

regards
elupus
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

pre5 was flakey... worked 80% of the time (numbers out of my ass)
anyway, disabling hq resampling from the audio option fixed my problem i was having above. thanks elupus for coming to #xbmc and chatting with us, btw, you don't have to respond to that pm because as soon as i sent you that pm as of 1-19-2005, you joined #xbmc Cool
lana lang
as for the rw/ff for avi's:

big bug: bring up osd, then ff. 2x is more like 64x

with srt/vobsubs: 2x/4x ff is ok, 8x+ ok, but movie doesnt run smoothly.
rw doesnt go smoothly either, sometimes get stuck at saying 2x and it keep rewinding untill you press ff. and 2x rw isnt as slow as 2x ff.
it's impossible to have smooth playback while ff/rw.. i could smooth it out somewhat.. currently it should be displaying 2 frames per second.. could increase that to 3 or 4.. hopefully the xbox can handle that and keep the speed.

i'm thinking about doing it somewhat differently thou.. have an idea in mind, but not sure how that will work yet.

never tried opening osd while ff/rw, but i'm surprised it affects things. will check it out.

freeze when playing a dvd from iso file and trying to change audio track...
fixed as of today, wasn't a problem with the dll thou Smile

problem with pre6 mplayer as of 2-3-2005 in cvs. when you enable to use alternate mplayer, go and play a video file and scene skip, it will give you a error message of something like * could not initiate network, xbox will reboot in 10secs*. really messed up   Stare
lana lang
i doubt your font's get created properly, either update again or manually copy the font files you wish to use into the root of the font directory.

maybe you're right, but when i switched to an earlier pre6 mplayer the jan 28 pre6 mplayer, it worked perfectly. i'll see if i update my fonts if it'll make a difference, i'll reply back and let you know
lana lang
sorry guys, had forgot to add some stuff to cvs.. workaround is to copy the font dir from the old mplayer dir to the new one.

is there anything mplayer writes away?
cause everytime i deleted my xbmc dir and upload a new build the new mplayer crashes everywhere.
i need to delete my settings. start clean.
then in xbmc start a movie, ff/rw or so. reboot again, add my old settings and load xbmc.
after that it works fine.

now how weird is that?? (and pretty frustrating, hope this bug gets nailed imho its the last one)

hm although one thing, the reason i just deleted my build again was cause the grudge reported no audio.
now it works again Confused
dunno what or how

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer 1.0-pre6 bugs0