XBMC.org Repository doesn't update
Hi, I've been using XBMC for a while now and my addons repository hasn't updated since I started using Dharma beta 1 (addons receive updates, but there are never any new addons). At first I thought it was just that nothing new had entered the repository, but I installed 10.0 on my sister's computer and noticed there were a heap of new addons like the Aeon skin and etc. I went home and installed 10.0 on my own machine, but it still has the same number of addons. I have uninstalled and wiped my profile before reinstalling too, so I figured that would clear out any old files.

If there is anything needed from me to help you guys figure out the problem (if it isn't immediately obvious - I'm sure I'm just missing something silly :S) I will happily add it, but I'm not sure what would be needed.

Both computers I installed xbmc onto run on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.
nemesii Wrote:Hi, I've been using XBMC for a while now and my addons repository hasn't updated since I started using Dharma beta 1 (addons receive updates, but there are never any new addons). At first I thought it was just that nothing new had entered the repository, but I installed 10.0 on my sister's computer and noticed there were a heap of new addons like the Aeon skin and etc. I went home and installed 10.0 on my own machine, but it still has the same number of addons. I have uninstalled and wiped my profile before reinstalling too, so I figured that would clear out any old files.

If there is anything needed from me to help you guys figure out the problem (if it isn't immediately obvious - I'm sure I'm just missing something silly :S) I will happily add it, but I'm not sure what would be needed.

Both computers I installed xbmc onto run on Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

have you tried "force refresh" and "Check for update" in xbmc.org addon repo context menu?

highlight xbmc.org addon repo hit "c", force refresh and Check for update

see what happens and post a debug log while doing it if there is no improvement.
since dharma rc2 (i think) the repo location changed, so the old one wasnt updated anymore.
update your xbmc version will solve the problem.
marv_el Wrote:since dharma rc2 (i think) the repo location changed, so the old one wasnt updated anymore.
update your xbmc version will solve the problem.

in the OP he says that he installed "10.0" but the log would reveal more info
Sorry, I wasn't sure if a log was necessary :S

http://pastebin.com/BAwRzGAn

I hope that's the right one, I'm really sorry if it isn't. :/
nemesii Wrote:Sorry, I wasn't sure if a log was necessary :S

http://pastebin.com/BAwRzGAn

I hope that's the right one, I'm really sorry if it isn't. :/

log is always a good idea but it needs to be debug log, read my signature for how-to

what addons are you missing in there? have you tried to refresh and update as i said before?
I did try updating and forcing a refresh, but no luck. Also, since returning from my sister's, the only two addons I can remember specifically that were available on her PC but missing for me are the aeon and rapier skins.

Here is the new debug log, I hope. The debug log script was available at least Big Grin

http://pastebin.com/0vkAvpge
nemesii Wrote:I did try updating and forcing a refresh, but no luck. Also, since returning from my sister's, the only two addons I can remember specifically that were available on her PC but missing for me are the aeon and rapier skins.

Here is the new debug log, I hope. The debug log script was available at least Big Grin

http://pastebin.com/0vkAvpge

no errors in the log, we do not have Aeon and Rapier skin in our repo, your sister is getting that from somewhere else.

here you can find a list of addons hosted on official repo
That's weird, I'll have to figure out where next time I visit. Thanks very much for your help, I'm sorry I wasted your time :/
nemesii Wrote:That's weird, I'll have to figure out where next time I visit. Thanks very much for your help, I'm sorry I wasted your time :/

no problem, if you are after Aeon check here and rapier here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC.org Repository doesn't update0