Advancedsettings and CPU temp
Can advancedsettings.xml not handle | in commands? To get the output for CPU temp, I need to run: sensors | grep "CPU Temp" | cut -f5 -d\ | cut -c2-5
I can probably neat it up, but it works for the purpose. So I added the following to advancedsettings.xml:
<cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors | grep "CPU Temp" | cut -f5 -d\ | cut -c2-5)C"</cputempcommand>

However, it still just shows up as "CPU Temperature: ?" in System Info -> Hardware.

I followed the reasoning for the GPU temp, which worked fine (with <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -tq gpuCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>), but still nothing.

Am I missing something here?
I hate to top my own thread, but does anyone have a clue here? It's a very minor issue, but I'm also quite anal about these things and seeing that big ? in the CPU Temp is driving me nuts Smile
I don't know if advancedsettings allows pipes, but could you embed the command into a single .sh file and have advancedsettings point to that file?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43621&page=3
bsmim Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=43621&page=3

Awesome, thank you my good man. Did not realize that the decimal was the issue. I tip my hat.
Damn i always wanted to know this too, im going to try this out to see if i can get it to work on my foxconn 310 ION.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

I get this when trying to install lm-sensors in 10.0 xbmc... I know I had the cpu temp working in the betas...

sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package lm-sensors is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package lm-sensors has no installation candidate
sudo apt-get update

should do the trick
GShlomi Wrote:sudo apt-get update

should do the trick

Robdeep Wrote:[...]
[...]