[LIVE] 4GB RAM only shows 3GB?
I have a 4GB RAM in my HTPC, but the new official Release for Dharma only picks up that there is 3GB.

Is this because Live is built around 32bit OS?
If so, is there plans to release a 64bit version?

Also is Dharma Final Live on Maverick? I'm not sure how to tell.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
3GB is all you get on a 32-bit OS. I believe XBMC live is built on 32-bit, but I can assure you, 3gigs is plenty for an XBMC box. Especially for one running Live which essentially only has XBMC running anyway.
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03...f-ram.html
dan1son Wrote:3GB is all you get on a 32-bit OS. I believe XBMC live is built on 32-bit, but I can assure you, 3gigs is plenty for an XBMC box. Especially for one running Live which essentially only has XBMC running anyway.

Eek

Have a read of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Ad...sion#Linux

PAE has been around for quite a while (in the Linux kernel since 1999!) and allows you to use up to 64GB of RAM in a 32bit environment. Although most applications are still limited to only using 4GB each without extra workarounds.

Windows has artificial limits in place to prevent users from using all of their ram regardless (even the in 64bit versions :madSmile

Otherwise, a more likely explanation is onboard graphics (or similar chipsets) taking a bite out of the ram. Most Intel setups allow you to option how much system memory is used for the GPU. Similarly, if you have a dedicated GPU as well it's probably a good idea to disable the onboard card altogether Wink
Media/Gaming PC: i5-3550, 8GB DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC, 120GB Sandisk SSD, 2TB Hitachi, Silverstone LC20B, Windows 8 with XBMCLauncher + Steam integration
Desktop: Intel [email protected], 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte GTX670 SOC running Windows 8
Server/Nas: Xeon 1230v2, virtualised Ubuntu 12.04 with Sickbeard + TransmissionBT (headless) + Sabnzbd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] 4GB RAM only shows 3GB?0