XBMC Live 10.0 not working
I just got rid of my Ati 5400 and installed a geforce gt 430 and when i try to run xbmc live from the disc i just get to the xbmclive login. When i install xbmc live to a hard drive i get to the log in screen goes black and then shows log in and repeats this a few times before it freezes. From a different thread i read something about drivers im not sure if they are saying that there is no linux drivers or drivers for something else. Does anyone here run xbmc with a gt 430?
EMK0 Wrote:I just got rid of my Ati 5400 and installed a geforce gt 430 and when i try to run xbmc live from the disc i just get to the xbmclive login. When i install xbmc live to a hard drive i get to the log in screen goes black and then shows log in and repeats this a few times before it freezes. From a different thread i read something about drivers im not sure if they are saying that there is no linux drivers or drivers for something else. Does anyone here run xbmc with a gt 430?
XBMC Live worked out the box with my Nvidia ION chipset, but perhaps you need to install specific drivers for your card.

So, install XBMC to hard drive, then SSH in to your box, run "wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li....19.29.run" to download the drivers for your card, and then run it to install it and configure X to use them.

I'm fairly new to XBMC, but I *think* broadly speaking that should work.
thanks works now, had to go in grub and use recovery mode because i couldn't figure out how to stop x what ever that is.
everything works great except i cant get the sound to work. i unmuted everything in the mixer and i tried all the settings in under audio. do i need to restart every time i change the audio setting or is it automatic.
i think the problem with my sound is that i have 2 nvidia graphics one on board and the 430. in alsamixer i tried to change to 1 but it says

This sound device does not have any controls.

cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xfcf78000 irq 21
1 [NVidia_1 ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xfebfc000 irq 17
try
Code:
rm /home/xbmc/.asoundrc
and reboot
no such file or directory is what i get when i try to remove it
i disabled something in my bios for sound to try turn off the onboard graphics
now when i run alsamixer i shows just PMC at 100% and the other sound card doesn't show up anymore, and i still don't get sound in xbmc.
i screwd up the my linux trying to get audio to work, i found out what i think i have to do so i reinstall xbmc live but now when i update the driver just like i did the first time XBMC wont load in dmesg i get it complaining about

NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 100.14.11, but
NVRM: this kernel module has the version 100.14.09. Please
NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
NVRM: components have the same version.
NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 100.14.11, but
NVRM: this kernel module has the version 100.14.09. Please
NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver

this is the same just different driver versions cant remove because i reinstalled xbmc and this time i tried this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=641...stcount=31

i see now i have no more api mismatch but xbmc still doesn't load i think it updated my kernel maybe that's why? right now its on 2.6.32-27-generic

so why cant i do the exact same thing i did last time to get xbmc to load?
everything works now when i go in grub and load with 2.6.32-26-generic instead of 2.6.32-27-generic. is there anyway to make it load 2.6.32-26-generic without having to do it my self every time i turn on the computer?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 10.0 not working0