Home page fanart transition time
Hey guys, anyone know how to increase this? I read in another post that you need to change the timeperimage option in Includes.xml but this isn't working for me with the latest version of refocus. The default is way too quick! Eek
nero120 Wrote:Hey guys, anyone know how to increase this? I read in another post that you need to change the timeperimage option in Includes.xml but this isn't working for me with the latest version of refocus. The default is way too quick! Eek

Go to the directory where XBMC has stored the refocus skin addon and go into the "720p" folder. There open "IncludesAnimations.xml" and go to line 359-360.

The value on line 359 defines the number of milliseconds you see each image.
The value on line 360 defines the number of milliseconds for the transition between two images (the fade effect duration).

Simply play around with these values until you get what you like.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the info. Sorry to be a totally dense idiot but I can't seem to make the changes I make to the xml files take effect! The plugin folder is in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\skin.refocus (nothing in appdata), and I'm changing the xml files in 720p folder, but I never see any changes. I've tried restarting the computer and changing the skin to confluence and back to refocus but no joy. I even modified homemenu.xml to add another menu item so that I could tell it the change was applied, but nothing.

Am I doing something totally wrong here? Huh
nero120 Wrote:Thanks for the info. Sorry to be a totally dense idiot but I can't seem to make the changes I make to the xml files take effect! The plugin folder is in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\skin.refocus (nothing in appdata), and I'm changing the xml files in 720p folder, but I never see any changes. I've tried restarting the computer and changing the skin to confluence and back to refocus but no joy. I even modified homemenu.xml to add another menu item so that I could tell it the change was applied, but nothing.

Am I doing something totally wrong here? Huh

If you installed refocus manually it should be in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.refocus\720p. If you installed it through xbmc addons it would be in appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.refocus\720p.
Hello,
maybe somebody can say exactly in witch part of the file the value must be changed, the best way to copy here the few lines that include transition time settings.
It's pretty hard to find 359, 360 row in file without normal XML editing software, the Notepad don't show lines numbers and also maybe file was significantly changed since 2010
Thanks for any help !!!
I would also like to change the transition time. Can someone highlight the specific lines?

Thanks.
Ok i found out how to change transition time, i use reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden version
In the same "720p" folder you need file called "Includes.xml"
open it and find second section called "<!---CONSTANTS------>"
it must look like this
Code:
<!---CONSTANTS------>
    <constant name="screen_Width">1280</constant>
    <constant name="screen_Height">720</constant>
    <constant name="screen_Center">640,360</constant>
    <constant name="fadetime_Thumb">300</constant>
    <constant name="fadetime_Fanart">300</constant>
    <constant name="fadetime_Slideshow">1200</constant>
    <constant name="transition_Open">350</constant>
    <constant name="transition_Close">250</constant>
    <constant name="slideshow_Timer">10000</constant>

value 10000 at the last line actualy transition time in ms.
You can also change fade time effect in <constant name="fadetime_Slideshow">1200</constant> line.
Just don't forget to backup this file before making any changes.
Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home page fanart transition time0