• 1(current)
Skin "JX 720" (MC360 remake / re-think)
Hi Guys would like a few of you to test the this skin for bugs before it gets put into the official repo for dharma (so please test on dharma) Its basically a completion on the skin I started way back HERE..

NEW VERSION 0.0.2 (uploaded 2010-12-29)

This one has all reported bugs fixed and some nice new animations for the background. Please keep reporting bugs if you find any because once bugs are all gone I'll start on some new media specific views like TV shows. And then we can get onto adding translations then into the repo

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Change LOG:
Quote:Version 0.0.2

- Added a pretty raindrop splash animation to the background using various clever animation techniques and one 128x128 image Smile (on by default disable it in skin settings if you want)
- Added "Shine" animation to the weather and system card headers
- Fixed Sliderex control had no default font color so was blank
- Changed make the File Browser dialog slightly transparent when opened in full screen media playback (so you can see the video under it)
- Changed fade out the video settings dialog when the browse dialog is open (eg: fetching subtitles)
- Fixed Alignment of Disclaimer and broken text in the addon info dialog
- Fixed Indent on Edit controls was off
- Added skinned the windows for the rss editor script to match the skin
- Fixed wrong icon for pictures in settings (thanks xbs08 for pointing it out)
- Fixed Added the stuff needed for Karaoke (thanks hitcher for reminding me)
- Fixed Now playing video covers had some weird effects going on
- Changed removed gradient from the blade runner and made them a solid color. It was causing a mega amount of "banding" on my TV ay 1080p and looked crap
- Changed removed the black text shadow from the list and updated the code at the same time
- Fixed spelling error (Weather Page)
- Changed "Add-ons" text in Apps blade to "Add-on manger" to avoid confusion
- Fixed no default edit control made the text blank for them in the skin
- Fixed sliderx didn't have disabled text

Version 0.0.1

- First Public Version

here are a few primary screenshots andf more can be found here http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/J...?start=all

I Like, gonna give it a try.

Edit: Not bad a real good update of the original.
1 bit of helpful advise to avoid confusion in the Apps panel, change "Addons" to "Addon Manager"
Yeah thats a real good idea I will do that
Just gave it a try, seems flawless. Snappy and very refined :-)

One thing, the "big posters view" when looking at movies seems odd that the highlighted selection is to the left of the frame, it looks odd while scrolling across through posters as if it should be in the centre of the screen. Might just be what my eyes are use to... Not sure.

See example below:

1) yeah might possibly do that I kind of always liked off center Smile
2) yeah it was kind of by design because I liked the idea the posters sliding out from under the side bit instead of appearing from nowhere behind a invisible wall

I'm certainly not set in stone about any of it
Very nice Jezz_X.
And on that note, solace is being discontinued. I doubt that it's bad news for anyone but this is all that I wanted anyway, a good 360 blade-style interface for XBMC.

EDIT: I will thoroughly test the shit out if this and let you know about
anything I find.

Thank you.
-DOTW
DukeOfTheWicked Wrote:Very nice Jezz_X.
And on that note, solace is being discontinued. I doubt that it's bad news for anyone but this is all that I wanted anyway, a good 360 blade-style interface for XBMC.
Thank you.
-DOTW

You shouldn't do that like I said in the pm there is room for both and yours was heading in a different (more old school mc360) direction anyway.
Unless of course you have zero interest in doing it but please don't feel like I cut you off (makes me feel sad)
no no no.
I fully agree that 2 would be great and they ARE a bit different. The only reason I started to do solace was because I thought that you were never going to finish that skin. You never made me feel cut off at all. I might do solace further for personal use until it has heavily improved then share again, until then I'd rather help with testing thisSmile

i'm off to test things out,
-DOTW
I really wanted to hate this skin, and I mean I really wanted to hate it, retro Xbox display panel. Something different but old.

I'm sadly finding that I am quite in love with it, obviously this skin is probaly meant for xbox's rather than a full blown home cinema set up.

So far all seems very smooth from what I have tried.

I personally wouldn't use it as my main skin, but I do generally have a marmite moment, I want to hate it but I can't.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Nice work jezz as allway's
It's allways nice to see new skins that are small in size and not too complicated
for noobs, i also was not sure i would take to this, but only after playing with this for a few mins i found i very much like though the backdrops will have to go.
I will test this further and report back if i find anything wrong.
Do you plan on doing any themes for this?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
The word forcast is not being translated in other languages. And isn't it forecast?
tikkiew Wrote:The word forcast is not being translated in other languages. And isn't it forecast?

Its is translatable in the skins strings file it just needs people to do it but you are right its a typo Smile that I fixed in the svn now thanks for checking
paul Wrote:Nice work jezz as allway's
It's allways nice to see new skins that are small in size and not too complicated
for noobs, i also was not sure i would take to this, but only after playing with this for a few mins i found i very much like though the backdrops will have to go.
I will test this further and report back if i find anything wrong.
Do you plan on doing any themes for this?

Backdrops you can change in skin settings, as for themes I never think that far ahead lol Smile
Hate to say this but made this my default skin over Solace. This has many options and no bugs that I can see. Good work Jezz_X
Apps blade has 2 buttons that are only selectable when going up from the dvd tray button and there's no label on them nor they do anything.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin "JX 720" (MC360 remake / re-think)3