Custom genre icons?
Question 
Hi,
In previous version (pre Dharma) of Transparency, all movie genre icons were located in a folder, making it a breeze to add or replace icons.
Is there a way to customize the movie genre icons in the current version of Transparency?

Thanks for any help!
smeg242 Wrote:Hi,
In previous version (pre Dharma) of Transparency, all movie genre icons were located in a folder, making it a breeze to add or replace icons.
Is there a way to customize the movie genre icons in the current version of Transparency?

Thanks for any help!

I really want this solution to. I even before had my own Backround on all genres but now it seems as impossible to have a different backround for the genres :/
The icons you are looking for have been compressed together and they are not accessible in the skin's folder. You can download the skin package at the svn download page but you will have to add in your custom icons and repackage it.

Ronnie will be able to elaborate more on the process.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Well you sorta can still have genre icons in file mode. Just label the first tier of folders as genre folders... and use thumbnail mode (pick the icons you want with the 'C' key). This is lost when using the library...
So its not possible to have backround on the genres?
htpc guy Wrote:The icons you are looking for have been compressed together and they are not accessible in the skin's folder. You can download the skin package at the svn download page but you will have to add in your custom icons and repackage it.

Ronnie will be able to elaborate more on the process.

Thanks for the answer. It's good to know it's still possible.
Ronie, hope you can provide the full info on how to accomplish this.

Until then, merry Christmas everyoneSmile
Star 
Hiiish Wrote:So its not possible to have backround on the genres?
Let's put it this way... it's possible to have backgrounds on the genres because half of mine do... (fanart in the folder) but don't ask me how it happened. I suspect a feature in a past version allowed for it, which has since slipped. All the new folders do have the same rotating fanart... and is good nuff for me.
PatK Wrote:Let's put it this way... it's possible to have backgrounds on the genres because half of mine do... (fanart in the folder) but don't ask me how it happened. I suspect a feature in a past version allowed for it, which has since slipped. All the new folders do have the same rotating fanart... and is good nuff for me.

to bad that you cant explain how that happened cause it would be really helpfull.
I did it on a pre-dharma release but then i had to edit some xml files if i remember correkt.
all artwork (except for background images) are compiled in Textures.xbt
this is mandatory for all skins in the xbmc addon repo.

if there's any missing genre icons, please post them here and i'll add them to the skin.

if you want to replace the existing ones, download the skin from svn (see here for instruction: http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/).

now you have two options:
- either use the svn version of the skin, instead of the addon version.
- or make changes to the svn version, compile your own Textures.xbt and replace the on in the addon version with your own one.

search the forum on how to use TexturePacker for compiling Textures.xbt.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:all artwork (except for background images) are compiled in Textures.xbt
this is mandatory for all skins in the xbmc addon repo.

if there's any missing genre icons, please post them here and i'll add them to the skin.

if you want to replace the existing ones, download the skin from svn (see here for instruction: http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/).

now you have two options:
- either use the svn version of the skin, instead of the addon version.
- or make changes to the svn version, compile your own Textures.xbt and replace the on in the addon version with your own one.

search the forum on how to use TexturePacker for compiling Textures.xbt.

Okej, but i dont want to change the icons becouse i have deaktivated icons. I want to change the backrground images, if the icons are compiled in Textures.xbt, then where are the background images?

thanks
Hiiish Wrote:where are the background images?

skin.transparency/backgrounds
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi.

Any chance of getting a textures.xbt with the siloutte genre icons from here:
http://www.fiinixdesign.eu/bonus/xbmc.php
Star 
Talle Wrote:Hi.

Any chance of getting a textures.xbt with the siloutte genre icons from here:
http://www.fiinixdesign.eu/bonus/xbmc.php
That was fast..

The requested URL /archive/any file you pick.zip was not found on this server.
PatK Wrote:That was fast..

The requested URL /archive/any file you pick.zip was not found on this server.

OK I have uploaded the files myself, all credit to Fiinixdesign since this is his work!
I have also uploaded my own GenreFanart if it is posible to get fanart on genres through textures.xbt somehow...

Fiinixdesign Genre Icon files found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/441260130/genre.rar

GenreFanart Files found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/441259399/genrefanart.rar

While I´m at it, is there a way to implement the coverflow view from Aeon to the genres menu? or to use the existing Transparency view: "Slide" (found inside the movie genres) in the genres menu? if posible, I guess it would be possible to use the fanarts in genres aswell as when browsing through the movies with fanart...
Star 
Thanks for the 'real' links (alas, I don't have a rapid link account, so downloading both files will have to wait). It looks like a cover 'slide' view of genre is not possible in Transparency! (not sure for Aeon, but probably the same). I don't know if you've explored smartlists...but you should be able to pick a specific genre (I just set one up for 'war' and it worked) and pick slide as the way to view them, then create a smartlist for each. What kind of effect are you looking for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom genre icons?0