Custom genre icons?
PatK Wrote:Thanks for the 'real' links (alas, I don't have a rapid link account, so downloading both files will have to wait). It looks like a cover 'slide' view of genre is not possible in Transparency! (not sure for Aeon, but probably the same). I don't know if you've explored smartlists...but you should be able to pick a specific genre (I just set one up for 'war' and it worked) and pick slide as the way to view them, then create a smartlist for each. What kind of effect are you looking for?

THX!!! Big Grin

Well the effekt I´m looking for is the effect of library mode in Aeon with active fanarts, so when browsing genres you get the "slide" or quite simular in aeon "coverflow" effect even in the "choose genre" view.

Every genre has it´s own fanart so the backdrop changes with the genres.
eg. You have the genre icon at the bottom and the fanart in the background...

My kids don´t read since they are to small but they can navigate the Mediacenter based on fanarts and icons.

Changing fanart on different genres:

See where I´m going?
Yes I see where you're going... I guess that's why I have a few Aeon skins hanging around, it's a nice effect. I still prefer cruising covers and cover art and for me Transparency is all about the mouse and how it all 'just works'. This kind of change is a bit deeper and would need the Roni to work overtime on just this. Here's how I've set-up.

HomePage

GenrePage

Sets

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
NICE!

I like it!

But my thing is that I have tripplets, boys 4 years old and a daughter that is 7

All of them can handle XBMC as it has been for the last years with Aeon. They can´t read, well the 7th year can a little bit but not the tripplets.
To update the gui to Transparency would be nice for me, since I think it looks more modern and cooler, but I have to keep the icons, layout and fanart...
Otherwise I have to teach them all over again.
Also I like the coverflow layout myself.

But I guess I could do with changing the icons on genres to your setup with pictures on the folders. How have you managed to make the folders into icons?
Star 
The first level of folders is thumbnail view, and at that view "c" on the keyboard with the folder in focus gives an option to use a custom image for the folder.
PatK Wrote:The first level of folders is thumbnail view, and at that view "c" on the keyboard with the folder in focus gives an option to use a custom image for the folder.

Can´t find the option...
Only
add to playlist
Play
Add to favorits
Update library
Marked as shown
Marked as not shown
Go to main folder
Settings
(might be wrongly translated since mine is in swedish)

No option to set custom image... Anything I´ve missed to enable in settings somewhere?
Star 
Not sure what to say... you might be in library mode?

PatK Wrote:Not sure what to say... you might be in library mode?

Yes, I´m in librarymode, only use that.
Thats has previously been the only way to handle fanart, at least a couple of years ago when Aeon Stark was released.
Since then there have been many, many skins based on this skin... But the way of handleing all with fanart etc origins from the Aeon Stark. This is when I start using Librarymode, everything is sorted nice into categories and is easily browsed, wich is a must with 700+ items in the library.

File mode is just not sufficiant anymore.

But If I can sort out how to edit my textures.xbt with my own icons from my previous post it might solve the situation.

Thx anyhow, much appriciate your efforts! Big Grin

Sincerly

//Talle
... there´s an easy way to use your own genre icons from outside the texture pack described here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84174
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom genre icons?0