[GUIDE] Acer Revo R3700 - XBMC Live Dharma
Thanks for the guide but when i reboot after all the commands it will go into ubuntu and ask me for username and password wont go into xbmc live. And when i did the usedfanart command an i try to save it says file doesn't exist and it wont save it. Anyone know how i can make it boot into xbmc and not ubuntu i get this error Pointer to Bit Loadval tablet invalid
Many heartfelt thanks thedalmeny!

This is a great guid to getting everything up and running on a Revo!

Cheers.
Can someone help me out I followed this guide since I formatted my revo, but I can't seem to get sound to work.

Tried everything I have one of the first Revos the single core one.

Thanks
Hi all!

Just to say i have 2 x Revo 3610's and are both working perfectly....Big Grin

my recently purchased Revo 3700 however does not want to place nice :-)

I have tried install to hdd harddisc both Dharma & Maverick from XBMC & XBMCFreaks and i get the same result...

i keep getting command line 'login prompt' after install...every install so far!!

thinking it was graphic driver related tried to follow the updates used after install and still no joy...

Installed from both USB & CdROM....same errors:confused2:

any help?

BIG THANKS!
Dok
got it working....
it seems to work when USB device is set as first boot device in BIOS..
weird!!

thanks forum!

xdoktor Wrote:Hi all!

Just to say i have 2 x Revo 3610's and are both working perfectly....Big Grin

my recently purchased Revo 3700 however does not want to place nice :-)

I have tried install to hdd harddisc both Dharma & Maverick from XBMC & XBMCFreaks and i get the same result...

i keep getting command line 'login prompt' after install...every install so far!!

thinking it was graphic driver related tried to follow the updates used after install and still no joy...

Installed from both USB & CdROM....same errors:confused2:

any help?

BIG THANKS!
Dok
still having some sound problems after trying all solutions in this thread....Huh
l
The tweek for the sound got my menu noises working for a while, then I watched a movie and they weren't working after that. Everything else is fine though so I'm not that bothered.

Any idea how to find out what graphics drivers I've got? I used the 10.1 live iso from this site. Is it worth up dating them when they seem to be working fine?
Nvidia Shield (tube) | Kodi v20 | Sony STR-DN1080 amp in 7.2 | Asustor NAS 11TB raid 5 | Epson EH-TW7000 4k projector | 92" retractable screen | Canton CX 80 speakers
Thankk you Smile Smile
everything is perfect now. Big Grin Big Grin
besides wifi. i think i can live without it. lol
sry for doublepost but i think it comes in handy in this thread----
anyway for streaming 1080p movies it would be better to use wired connections

hi there,

the main problem is, that the most linux distribution come with the wrong driver for the revo 3700 wireless card -> here is a quick tut i wrote for ubuntu hope it helps:

#1:
edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add
## Blacklist Wlandriver
blacklist rt2800pci
blacklist rt2860sta
##

#2:
Download current driver (rt3090pcie)
http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2

#3:
## extract / install ##
unzip 2010_1217_RT3090_LinuxSTA_V2.4.0.4_WiFiBTCombo_DPO .zip
cd 2010_1217_RT3090_LinuxSTA_V2.4.0.4_WiFiBTCombo_DPO
make
make install

#4:
#####disable old driver / enable new driver############

rmmod rt2800pci
modprobe rt3090sta
echo rt3090sta >> /etc/modules
reboot

#5:
enjoy ur working system

more info @ http://alphateilchen.blogspot.com/20...xbmc_4304.html
but in german language only.

d.g.toX_
I am still having trouble getting my Wireless working on my REVO3700.

I followed the guide and installed WICD-Curses as seen here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=easy+wifi

WICD-curses seems to be working fine. But I cannot detect any wireless networks even though I am next to the router.

Any ideas? Is it the drivers as in the post above?

I haven't tried as I am new to Linux and don't understand how to complete #2 on my Revo.

Cheers
Fantastic guide OP...very much appreciated.

My 3700 arrived today and I immediately installed the latest live (10.1) over the top of the Linpus it came packaged with. Everything worked fine apart from Audio. Having never used Linux before I simply followed the instructions blindly and it all worked fine.

Only thing I am missing is the click as I move around the menu (the "swoosh" works fine) but I saw another post about fixing that so will give that a try. Wouldnt be the end of the world if I couldnt get that going.

Thanks again mate, worked perfectly
anyone have a display settings file for NVIDIA ION 270.41.19 drivers?
I've installed XBMC on my Acer R3700, but I can't get the LAN to work. I'm hard wired into my router, but the Revo thinks I don't have a connection. Please help if you have any ideas!
Ok, have installed live onto my 3700, used the latest live got to step 5 have not done the putty thing yet, is all that still relevant now?

Oh yeah it's working just dandy, cheers OP!!
Hi all, just setup my 3700, using 10.1 live USB Stick, all working perfect first time, Only a few tiny issues...

1: A/V Sync Method: Video Clock, Drop/Dupe audio, do we need to select that?, as my seems to work fine on default?

2: Although i have no clicks on the menu either, tried this, Update the audio settings (This will fix menu / audio issues which the 3700 has experienced for many):

Perform the following command:
Code:
sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=ApvUwtUX -O /etc/asound.conf
Perform the following command:
Code:
sudo wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f2e38265 -O /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Int

Had no sound issues at all, apart from the menu clicks but this does not fix it?

3: Regarding Graphics Drivers, I too have no issues, fluid playback, crisp, all great, any need to update?, using defualt from live 10.1

Thanks ALL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] Acer Revo R3700 - XBMC Live Dharma0