[GUIDE] Acer Revo R3700 - XBMC Live Dharma
Just to add some more useful info. I have Mythbuntu/XBMC running on both Revo3610 and 3700 and have documented my tweaks needed to get both running with a Sony PS3 BD remote here

http://www.harley-jones.co.uk

Hope people find it useful. You can get a system working on a Revo in under an hour pretty easily!

Martin
Oh seriously to much grief, just ordered a new remote plug and go hopefully Smile
http://pulse-eight.com/store/products/96...ybrid.aspx
just making my through the guide now, currently on the first putty step. Updating display drivers, currently stuck on 38% for about 20 mins, any ideas?
Hi,

I managed to get my audio working following this guide thankfully. I did have to try a few times when downloading the nvidia drivers through putty, must be my internet connection?

As for the audio settings i found that these settings worked for me:

Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Boost Volumn Level On Downmix: Enable
Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver: Disable
DTS Capable Receiver: Disable
Audio Output Device: Custom
plughw:1,7
Passthrough Output Device: Custom
plughw:1,7

The only thing that doesn't work is the sound in the menus.

As I'm not using a sound system and just want the sound to come out of my TV speakers (2.0) what should be the best setting for the passthrough output device (default?)
flapmio Wrote:Hi,

The only thing that doesn't work is the sound in the menus.

Don't spend too long trying I believe its a bug! Unless its been fixed now. It was certainly a problem when I built my systems and I havent been concerned enough to check since.

Menu sounds work through a separate system but not through HDMI.

Martin
First post, go easy on me.

So I ordered a 3700 from Ebuyer as I've been dying to use XBMC since I got a WD TV and found it laggy and a bit uninspiring.

It's due to come in the next day or two and I've been doing a bit of reading up on it. I'm not a novice but in a bit worried I may have issues setting up XBMC on it. Some instructions I've found require you to type code in a Terminal sort of app in case sound isn't working, etc.

Can anyone reassure me that it will be straightforward and pain free?

These are the simplest instructions I've found, until stage 6. Is that needed? Also is the first stage possible to do on OSX? I have a MBP but can use an old Windows laptop if not.

Greatly appreciate any advice and help. Thanks for this awesome thread and forum.
I have a Revo 3700 and the latest version of Eden based XBMCFreak works great, I would recommend you give this a whirl. However, if you read some of the threads on here you will note that a lot of people are experiencing a random freeze at the start of random video's, this seems to be a VDPAU error and related to Eden builds with nvidia chipsets. There is a fix in the pipeline.

If you do get this freeze then refer to this thread if you are willing to upgrade to a unstable build: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128457&page=2
Woah, I think most of that post went over my head.

I understand Eden is the latest version of XBMC but what version would I get if I follow the guide in the first post? I'd rather not have a random freeze or crash as I thinkI'll find it had to implement the fix.
Dharma is the previous release (10.1) Eden is 11. I'm not sure where to get 10.1 to be honest. I'll have a look around...

EDIT:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/downloads-10series/ would probably be a good start Smile
OpenELEC looks more straightforward for me so I may just use that unless anyone has ay reason for me not to?
As far as I can remember, getting the sound working on OpenElec for me was a right pain, but I got it working in the end by reading a few posts on here. The reason I got rid of OpenElec was the lack of support for some of the add-ons I used.
I have a 3700 running OpenElec PVR, works sweet as a nut with anything I throw at it. I vaguely recall fiddling a bit with the sound to get it over HDMI, but that's all in the OE documentation for ION systems.

If you want simple, fast booting XBMC, go that way. I'll help you with config if needed.
Thanks Prof, really appreciate that.

Great stuff Smile Post back once you have it up and running and let us know what you think.
So OpenELEC was straightforward enough to get installed but it looks like I'm going to have to do research to sort out sound and wifi which I can't work out yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] Acer Revo R3700 - XBMC Live Dharma0