Can't get CDart to work on Icon view
So I finally got off my butt and started adding CDart to my collection, only to find that it's not working for me on Icon view. It works fine when actually playing an album, I get the spinning cd with the correct art just fine, but the Icon view for my albums just show the default silver disc.

After doing some searches around here, I found the thread that says to get these to work with DVDs, use disc.png, so I tried copying my cdart.png to disc.ong on the off chance that would work, and it did not. Was a long shot, but I cannot think what else to try since the art is working in one place, just not the other.

Any help would be appreciated! Keep up the awesome work on the skin, hands down the best out there!
have you read FAQ #8 ?

Quote:Note: For things to work properly in the Icons view, you also have to enter the path to your music folder.
(Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music folder path)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have no clue how I missed that big block of text in the FAQ, my bad, thanks for pointing that out! (I really have read that thing several times, no, really!)

However - still isn't working for me. I've tried several different paths in case my folder structure was causing the issue - still no luck. Before I rip my database apart, could the problem be that I've got multiple sources for my music fed into XBMC?

f:\media\audio\albums\*
f:\media\audio\albums stand-up\*
f:\media\audio\albums holiday\*
f:\media\audio\books\
f:\media\audio\singles\
f:\media\audio\podcasts\

where the *'s indicate they are tied into my XBMC library, the rest are not. I've tried using f:\media, f:\media\audio, f:\media\audio\albums as the path with no luck. Am I going to have to redo my structure to get this sucker to work?

Thanks again for your help and awesome skin!
i'm afraid you're out of luck, multiple sources won't work.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the super quick reply! I really don't mind rearranging my library around to make it work, just wanted to make sure that was the problem before doing so.
Hi Ronie.

I asume that this feature uses a work around that creates the cdart path from the music tags.

ie
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO
[ListItem.Artist]$INFO
[ListItem.Album,/,/cdart.png
Problem is I use the structure

Albums/Genre/Artist/Album/cdart.png

In order for album level CD art to work, i need to manually alter the code to include:

Code:
$INFO
[ListItem.Genre]
Any chance this can be put into the skin as an option?
skin updating with xbmc addons will just keep wiping my changes with every update.
Also, any chance you can standardize the skin version?
xbmc keeps thinking theres an update because it reports version "724" (or something similar, I'm not at home to check at the mo) when the skin version is 3.11.1

Cheers
RBX
rudeboyx Wrote:In order for album level CD art to work, i need to manually alter the code to include:

Code:
$INFO
[ListItem.Genre]
Any chance this can be put into the skin as an option?

sorry but no, i can't account for everyone's folder structure.
there's only one real solution...native xbmc support.

rudeboyx Wrote:Also, any chance you can standardize the skin version?
xbmc keeps thinking theres an update because it reports version "724" (or something similar, I'm not at home to check at the mo) when the skin version is 3.11.1

please do, you're the second one mentioning this and have no clue what's going on. also version numbers should be ok as far as i know.

what xbmc version are you using?
rudeboyx Wrote:Also, any chance you can standardize the skin version?

hmm...i bet you downloaded the skin from passion.xbmc.org?
you have to complain to them, they seem to be altering version numbers.

for this very reason, third party versions of the skin are not supported by me.
i believe i'm using the official version of transparency.

it seems xbmc uses the SVN revision which is now 797
yet your addon.xml says 3.11.3

for some reason xbmc takes 797 as being a higher version than 3.xxx which is of course correct, so xbmc is acting correctly, its just the mix up of the vesion numbers.

its been like this with xbmc Dharma beta 1/2/3/4/RC* all the way up to the final release.

Let me double check everything when i get home from work and i'll update you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get CDart to work on Icon view0