No sound in mkv built with libebml-0.8.0 / libmatroska-0.9.0 libraries?
Starting with libebml-0.8.0 / libmatroska-0.9.0, xbmc (dharma / 10.0) plays my mkv files without sound (also tried libebml-1.0.0 / libmatroska-1.0.0).
Files created with libebml-0.7.8 / libmatroska-0.8.1 play fine.
VLC and newer versions of mplayer work fine, even with the new mkv files - gnome's totem seems to have the same problems as xbmc.

Is somebody experiencing something similar?
Is there a chance that xbmc will work witch the newer versions in the near future or should I start to remux my mkv's using the old versions?
Seems like this problem occurs only for a few special mpeg files which I extracted from some transport streams.
I found out that mkclean fixed my files (unfortunately files greater than 2 GB are truncated). So I think that this is an issue of the new mkv libraries.
All my MKV's now have no sound in Dharma 10, but they ALL worked fine in a previous version of XBMC. Did you find a fix for this? Your post seemed to imply it was a problem with how the MKV's were encoded. ...can Dharma run with the older libraries that do work? This problem has killed half my video library, and I also am seeing that Movie player and VLC work fine.. Would love some ideas..
I found out that mkclean fixed my files (unfortunately files greater than 2 GB are truncated).
Alternatively you could try to downgrade libeml and libmatroska and then remux the matroska files isung mkvmerge (worked for me).

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the post... Just to clarify however. If ALL my mkv's played fine in the pre-dharma release of XBMC, wouldn't that imply that the dharma uses libraries that are new and incompatible with some MKV's depending on which libraries they were originally encoded with? Can I just install older matroska files into Dharma? (All of my MKV's are +4GB so... I'm kinda hosed). I can't believe were the only ones having this issue?
A complete purge, and reinstall fixed all my issues, now all mkv's play fine... go figure...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in mkv built with libebml-0.8.0 / libmatroska-0.9.0 libraries?0