[LIVE] Menu sounds disappear (using Acer Revo 3700)
I've followed the basic guide, which is to create .asoundrc and place it in the home directory. Menu sounds work fine at first.

However, after watching a video and upon going back to the XBMC menu, the menu sounds are gone. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

I'm using XBMC Live on Acer Revo 3700
Did you try to reboot the rig or reload the audiosystem? Wich audiosetup do you have?
Yes, whenever I reboot XBMC, the menu sounds come back. But they would disappear again soon thereafter.

It looks like it doesn't happen all the time after watching a video so that can't be it. However, it has happen several times so something must be triggering the loss of the menu sound. Just can't figure out what's doing it.

I have the Revo 3700 connected to my TV via HDMI.

In my audio settings, I have
Audio output : HDMI
Speaker config: 2.0
Boost volume on downmix = enabled
Dolby Digital receiver = disabled
DTS receiver = disabled
Audio output device = HDA Nvidia hdmi
Passthrough output device = HDA Nvidia hdmi
Anyone got a solution for this? I am having the same issue.
Actually, I had an Asrock 330 that did the exact same thing.
It usually happened after watching a movie. A reboot fixed that behavior.

Or SSH into the machine and a service xbmc-live stop / service xbmc-live start...

I never bothered to find the exact reason.

h.udo
EN/PT
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
it has to do with the remote mapping...there's some bug with play/pause. You just need to change the pause mapping to play...something like that

see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89467 for the exact fix
Follow Up: What's going on Wrote:I am also interested in the Audio Engine branch given it’s supposed to support bitstreaming HD audio.

Details on AE were sparse the last post, so I asked gnif to give a quick rundown of what it brings:

Audio is now processed in the highest possible resolution instead of conversion to S16
The sound device is now opened in float mode, or the next best thing that is supported.
SDLMixer has been removed and replaced with our own mixing code finally giving us consistent GUI Sound support.
Latency of the audio stream has been greatly improved meaning GUI sounds now play on time.
AC3 transcode has been moved into the audio engine, meaning that GUI sounds and PAPlayer can be transcoded too.
AC3 transcode of every sample rate is now supported instead of just 48 KHz.
No more loss of stream sync on amplifiers when bit streaming and on pause/resume of playback.
We can now take full advantage of PulseAudio, including its sound cache ability.
Changing audio settings are now applied instantly and do not require a player restart any more.
SSE conversion between formats has been added as well as extensive SSE optimizations to the software audio engine.

It appears that it is being worked on for the next version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Menu sounds disappear (using Acer Revo 3700)0