Dharma and Shutdown Button
I am running XBMC Live on a Acer Aspire Revo. I have just updated from Camelot (9.11) to Dharma (10.0) and am having issues when attempting to shutdown XBMC. When I select the power off button and am presented with the relevant ribbon of options (i.e. shutdown, restart, hibernate, etc. etc.). When I select "Shutdown" my media centre closes the ribbon strip and proceeds to do a library scan. It does it constantly and I have to manually power off the Revo.

Any thoughts about what is causing this? Better yet how to fix it?
Check out my post on the subject, there were some suggestions there and a workaround I found using Back Row as a skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=673490
I am using the Transperancy skin and issue is still there. Do I go through this Wiki article or is there another solution?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...end_/_Wake
Anyone - I have tried a few different skins now and get the same issue. Select "Shutdown" and the screen has a single flash for a split-second and starts performing "checking for new content". It's like whatever skin / or XBMC is reloaded/restarted (seems quicker than if you did it using the reload skin button). Not sure what's going on here. I didn't have an issue previously.

Running XBMC (Dharma) Live on an ACER Aspire Revo and system is configured to boot straight to XBMC with no other OS installed.
It doesn't seem skin-related on my machine (XMBCLive 10.0 installed to HDD), as I've tried several different skins with no avail.

I think it must have something to do with 10.0.

Funny thing is, suspend/shutdown worked when I was running Dharma RC2, only ceasing to work when I updated to the 10.0 official release.
Hi Guys,

Did you ever solve this issue? I have just upgraded my Acer Revo to XBMC Live Dharma 10 and have exactly the same problem; It's driving me nuts.

None of the shutdown, suspend or hibernate links are working off the menu, i have to press the power button on the Revo.

XBMC ran fine on the previous version prior to the upgrade, i have done lots of research on the forums but no clear answer to this issue.

thanks in advance
Nope issue has still not been resolved. I too have done a lot of searching on the forums and have had no luck in resolving this issue with Dharma. It annoys me, and I hope someone comes through with a fix for this soon. I have even tried different skins to make sure something wasn't wrong in the skin I was using and no luck there. It definately is something wrong with Dharma.
i am now looking into the keymaping files, since the power button works on the Revo itself, i am hoping to be able to map a click of the wheel mouse to the shutdown Revo command.

I have tried the 'END' key on the wireless keyboard which should also shutdown the Revo but this just does the same thing.

When i find the right mapping files and how to map the mouse click to shutdown the Revo, if it works i will post up the fix.
Thanks bigbas. Good luck with finding a fix.
Out of curiosity: Can you just quit XBMC without shutting down the machine?
Yep just tried it then. At XBMC, selected "Shutdown XBMC" and it brought me to the xbmc login prompt. So yes I can quit XBMC without shutting down the machine.
draco Wrote:Yep just tried it then. At XBMC, selected "Shutdown XBMC" and it brought me to the xbmc login prompt. So yes I can quit XBMC without shutting down the machine.

Ok, so the menu as such is working. If you scan this forum for issues with shutdown, I think you will find how to tweak what happens when shutdown is selected (I had a similar issue with a previous version of XBMC). Maybe it helps, if you play around with those settings...
Tried some other fixes and no luck so far. I will have a look again and see if I can find something that might be useful.
Another thought: Have you tried:

Code:
apt-get install upower
thanks Hammi, what does this do besides the obvious?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma and Shutdown Button0