[Live] Freezes after resume on XS35GT
hi guys, help pls!

my xs35gt freezes sometimes... (i already posted in the xs35gt thread but i guess its a live problem, so here goes)

i installed it with dharma rc2, then updated to the newest version via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (these two commands upgrade everything for with there is a newer version, right?). Everything seemed to work. no error messages or anything.

till then in sometimes get a freeze... the xs35 is in suspend, i start it up via my mce remote it shows the picture just fine and starts to import. Then sometimes it just freezes... I still get ping replies but the gui doesnt do anything. The next few times it works just great...

Any Ideas? Can i look at some log-files to find out whats wrong?

I already tried different skins. Doesnt seem to matter much.

Also just before i resumed succesfully, import was started, i watched an episode from a tv show. after the episode was finished i fixed myself some dinner, when i came back... freeze...

As Harddrive an SSD is used, but i dont guess thats the problem, is it? Unfortunatelly i just had the ssc running a couple of days with rc2 before upgrade to the release so i cant say for sure if the problem was there before, but i dont think i had freezes...

I dont know what could be the cause to be honest... so any tips are welcome.

thanks!
bigbear77 Wrote:hi guys, help pls!

my xs35gt freezes sometimes... (i already posted in the xs35gt thread but i guess its a live problem, so here goes)

i installed it with dharma rc2, then updated to the newest version via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (these two commands upgrade everything for with there is a newer version, right?). Everything seemed to work. no error messages or anything.

till then in sometimes get a freeze... the xs35 is in suspend, i start it up via my mce remote it shows the picture just fine and starts to import. Then sometimes it just freezes... I still get ping replies but the gui doesnt do anything. The next few times it works just great...

Any Ideas? Can i look at some log-files to find out whats wrong?

I already tried different skins. Doesnt seem to matter much.

Also just before i resumed succesfully, import was started, i watched an episode from a tv show. after the episode was finished i fixed myself some dinner, when i came back... freeze...

As Harddrive an SSD is used, but i dont guess thats the problem, is it? Unfortunatelly i just had the ssc running a couple of days with rc2 before upgrade to the release so i cant say for sure if the problem was there before, but i dont think i had freezes...

I dont know what could be the cause to be honest... so any tips are welcome.

thanks!

I´ve got same problem with XS35GT and Dharma, only it happens every time after boot (can use a couple of minutes, then freezes). With Openelec mys system works just fine. I would also appreciate help regarding this...
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
any news on your side boxfreak?

i dont get the freezes if i really shutdown and reboot the shuttle.

of course thats no long time option because i have to boot it up via the power button on the shuttle...
BoxFreak: If your still looking for a possible cause: in my case it was the smb-shares. Many people in the forum have Problems with these.

I replaced all smb shares with mountpoints (in fstab) than imported my movies and tv shows again. since then (about 4 or 5 days) no more problems with freezes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66124 heres a good starting point for fixing the problem
Just did some testing yesterday. I ran XBMC Live from USB-stick. As long as watching video, everything was fine. If listening to music, freezing is almost instant. Also after idling in some menu for a while causes freezing. Freeze lasts a couple of minutes, music plays fine, but display is distorted and VERY slow. After that XBMC restarts and everything is just normal.

Tried also this fstab and got to point where I could see my server´s shared folders, but couldn´t access them. Don´t know wether this was caused by not having protected them with username and password.
i have my shares protected with username and password. i suggest you try to protect them and try again. i dont know if something like user "guest" exists in linux and windows and if it is the same.
use guest as and option when setting up your mount point in /etc/fstab :

example using guest with read/write:
//netbiosname/sharename /media/sharename cifs guest,rw,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

example using guest with read only:
//netbiosname/sharename /media/sharename cifs guest,iocharset=utf8 0 0

In windows you use EVERYONE and give it the rights you want.
Well this problem is not network related, just installed fresh install, and it froze before I configured the network drivers. Display goes also distorted when this happens. No go....

I just can´t understand why Openelec is very stable, but Dharma freezes in minutes with this hardware. I´ve tried three different HDD´s and two different RAM-modules, and problem is always the same.
I'm having the same problem - freezing a few seconds after coming out of sleep - not every time, seems to be at random. XBMC live Dharma, installed to USB stick, SMB shares (not password protected) from Windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Freezes after resume on XS35GT0