The perfect XBMC Setup with ASUS AT3IONT
I have been running XBMC since the Xbox1 came out, and i had my fair share of troublesome installations and spent many hours tinkering around with XBMC on different hardware and operating systems, well i finally reached Nirvana!

This is the best build i made so far, and i wanted to share my setup. So here is a really easy and hassle-free guide to a minimal setup with the Asus AT3IONT Deluxe running XBMC.

Burn and boot the XBMC Live 10.0 CD:

- Use English for language, otherwise fullscreen Wiz'es like ProjectM won't work.
- Set user/password to xbmc for compatibility

Remote:
Use a MCE compatible remote for peace of mind, it costs a buck and it's plug and play!

Bluetooth keyboard/mouse:
Code:
sudo apt-get install bluez
sudo apt-get install bluez-utils

Setup and make your Bluetooth settings stick at reboot:
Here

Add DigitalVibrance to make your Movies look even better:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    Option         "DigitalVibrance" "160" <--- Add this Line right here!
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

160 looks good on my Plasma TV but feel free to change it in the range of 1-255.

Grub:
Grub is set too wait 10 seconds, lets change that to 0 for a faster boot:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/default/grub
Code:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10 <--- Find and change this to 0!

Then commit the changes you made to Grub
Quote:sudo update-grub

Wireless:
I didn't bother to use the Wireless connection at all, simply because starting a hefty 1080p movie is many times times faster using the Gigabit Nic.

Fans & Cooling:

I have been running my system for a couple of weeks without any chassis fan so i say it's safe to unplug that noisy fan and enjoy the silence.

All done! Now go tweak you audio settings to HDMI or IEC958 if you are using Optical audio.
Hi and thanks for the useful info. Have you ever had problems with judder with this motherboard? Mine is the deluxe version and with all videos of any format or resolution I get a judder once every few minutes where the audio continues unaffected but the video freezes for perhaps half a second and then catches back up to the audio. I have tried running the script given in the How to achieve judder-free video thread, but this made no difference.

Thanks.
hi,

thanks for the write up, would this be the case with my MB too.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110923

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The perfect XBMC Setup with ASUS AT3IONT1