Aeon on an ION?
It's slow for me mainly in the movie and tv menus. The artwork etc seems to load quick enough but there is a lot delay in scrolling through the libraries and going from one menu to another. The biggest delay however is switching from a playing video back to the menu can be up to 10 seconds delay. Navigating the menus whilst watching a video causes playback to stutter. How do I use dds and also what is it? :o
willsium Wrote:It's slow for me mainly in the movie and tv menus. The artwork etc seems to load quick enough but there is a lot delay in scrolling through the libraries and going from one menu to another. The biggest delay however is switching from a playing video back to the menu can be up to 10 seconds delay. Navigating the menus whilst watching a video causes playback to stutter. How do I use dds and also what is it? :o

This is an old issue which can be helped by disabling all the views your not using and also deleting your "guisettings.xml" so Aeon is using a brand new one, note your lose all your current settings you could just remove your old "guisettings.xml" see if it helps if it doesn't put it back
have the same problem in the shuttle XS35GT with Ubuntu, Really slow in the menus.
Adeiko Wrote:have the same problem in the shuttle XS35GT with Ubuntu, Really slow in the menus.

I'm excitedly waiting for ZombieRobot's skin! It's going to be awesome, and should take care of the lag on ION machines.
Looking forward to "Aeon lite". ION users are in desperate need for low resource skin that performs well on these platforms. I will say MQ2 performs reasonably well but faster is always better.

--Dascmo
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
>>X<<' Wrote:This is an old issue which can be helped by disabling all the views your not using and also deleting your "guisettings.xml" so Aeon is using a brand new one, note your lose all your current settings you could just remove your old "guisettings.xml" see if it helps if it doesn't put it back

Cheers, I did give these tips a try but couldn't detect any noticeable improvement. Is the slowness due to the speed of the CPU?
Hey, i have also an ion 330, and with Aeon Showmix Evolution SKIN is't OK !!!

For me, ( and my computer ) this skin is the best balance between beautiful / functionnalities / smooth / etc ...
I have given showmix evolution a try but none of the aeon skins perform very well for me, there are a few which navigate o.k but the time taken to go from a video back to the menu for example is just too much for me. I overclocked the cpu today to 2.0ghz but only noticed a very slight speed bump.
I suggest you try AEON MQ 2.
Running fine on my ION HTPC Laugh
go.lolers Wrote:I suggest you try AEON MQ 2.

I've tried MQ2 but I just can't get it to install. I downloaded the repository and chose install from zip, then I went to get addons then selected MQ2 but after selecting it nothing shows up.

I'm using silk at the moment as it's the only skin that navigates quickly for me. However I if I try something like browsing my t.v shows whilst having a video playing the audio starts to drop out and then loop and the picture freezes, then catches up when I tab back to the video. Are the performance issues I'm having due to the ion? Or something else?
go.lolers Wrote:I suggest you try AEON MQ 2.

"fine" with waiting like 10 seconds when switching into a menu??
get a bigger database and you'r getting mad waiting for that while other skins appear to be lightning fast Wink

what cpu do you have? i got a d525 with good ssd and its horrible with aeon.
laggs in menus, stuttering when getting back to mainbar from a watched movie and so on..
DaGround Wrote:"fine" with waiting like 10 seconds when switching into a menu??
get a bigger database and you'r getting mad waiting for that while other skins appear to be lightning fast Wink

what cpu do you have? i got a d525 with good ssd and its horrible with aeon.
laggs in menus, stuttering when getting back to mainbar from a watched movie and so on..

This is pretty much my problem (using atom 330). I have around 500 films, not sure if this is considered a large database or not but the navigation in all aeon builds is unusable for me. Is o.k on my core 2 duo laptop but still not great. Shame really as it it's so pretty and for me has the best layout and features etc too.
willsium Wrote:This is pretty much my problem (using atom 330). I have around 500 films, not sure if this is considered a large database or not but the navigation in all aeon builds is unusable for me. Is o.k on my core 2 duo laptop but still not great. Shame really as it it's so pretty and for me has the best layout and features etc too.

This is why I'm checking ZombieRobot's skins daily, waiting for the alpha release.
My advise is to try xbmc-live on your system. You will notice a huge gain in skin performance.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:My advise is to try xbmc-live on your system. You will notice a huge gain in skin performance.

cheers

this - I mentioned before that I run AeonMQ2 on my 2 Atom/ION boxes (Asrock 330), but I failed to mention that they both run LIVE/AeonMQ2.

An SSD drive also helps, especially with loading fanarts. I also highly recommend enabling DDS fanart compression...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon on an ION?0