• 4(current)
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks
themugger Wrote:Oh and the other thing that is a little annoying but again trivial is the output file is named with an appended (1).mkv. If you dont manually delete the old files and rename the new one then xbmc will pick this up as another movie...

Unfortunately, this is a feature of the mkvmerge GIU and is also somewhat necessary. It needs to be able to read data from the original file and write it someplace else. The " (1).mkv" file is just a suggested place to write the new file since it can't write to the same filename.

It would be nice if there was an option to delete the original and rename the " (1).mkv" file back to the original filename though.
Montellese Wrote:There are two things I've noticed:
- If I choose an external harddisk to scan I always get an exception because your tool can't access the hidden "System Volume Information" folder (which is alright) and I get an Access Denied exception. The tool doesn't crash but it doesn't continue scanning either so all movies with titles coming after "System Volume Information" in the alphabet are not scanned. Maybe a simple exception handling to skip directories throwing an access denied exception could solve this.
- Am I too stupid or can I only ignore one file at a time? It is already possible to select multiple entries in the list so it should be pretty easy to loop through all the selected entries instead of only the first one and make it possible to ignore all the currently selected movie files.

Both should be fixed in beta 1.14 which I just updated. Give it a try and let me know how it works now. Thanks.
Has anyone had a chance to check out beta 1.14 for me? If so, please let me know if there are any other bugfixes needed.
compcentral Wrote:Unfortunately, this is a feature of the mkvmerge GIU and is also somewhat necessary. It needs to be able to read data from the original file and write it someplace else. The " (1).mkv" file is just a suggested place to write the new file since it can't write to the same filename.

It would be nice if there was an option to delete the original and rename the " (1).mkv" file back to the original filename though.

What if you renamed the original file first, then saved the new file as the original name? And added the option to (automatically) delete the original after a successful mux?
compcentral Wrote:Has anyone had a chance to check out beta 1.14 for me? If so, please let me know if there are any other bugfixes needed.

I get the "System Volume Information" bug in 1.14. (When you get FileInfo, set the flag to have it ignore Hidden & System files.)

One suggestion: double-clicking isn't very discoverable. Add a button that does the same thing and set its "Default" value to true so it gets the darker outline.

Nice tool and idea, thanks!
msderganc Wrote:What if you renamed the original file first, then saved the new file as the original name? And added the option to (automatically) delete the original after a successful mux?

I suppose this could be possible... I'll consider it in a future version, but this is a low priority item for me unless a lot of others would like this.

kideternal Wrote:I get the "System Volume Information" bug in 1.14. (When you get FileInfo, set the flag to have it ignore Hidden & System files.)

One suggestion: double-clicking isn't very discoverable. Add a button that does the same thing and set its "Default" value to true so it gets the darker outline.

Hmm.. Ok. I can't seem to reproduce the System Volume Information bug here, but I'll take another look at the code. Your suggestion to ignore Hidden & System files might be just the ticket. Thanks for that suggestion.

I will also add a button as you suggested.
OK.. try beta 1.15 and let me know if that works any better.
Would anyone be interested in a feature to show files that are not a certain framerate? The reason I ask is that I recently downloaded a file that was encoded at 60fps and my XBMC pc couldn't handle playback. I had to re-encode to ~30fps to get it to play properly.

This doesn't happen often but just wondering if it would be worth adding... the interface is already getting a bit crowded... not sure where I'd add this.
The "System Volume Information" problem is still there in 1.15.

I have several drives full of movies all in the root folder (with no subfolders).

The System Volume Information folder sits in the root folder. I guess it's not a file, I apologize, so you'll want to just ignore system/hidden when you get the list of subfolders.

The issue is that once the folder returns an "Access denied" error it won't populate the files in the root.

This would be hard to reproduce without a second drive, but I believe if you dropped an mkv in your root on C:\ and scanned it, you'd never see it hit. (Unfortunately it takes a long time to scan C:\ for testing purposes.)

Thank you for your diligence!
OK. Thanks for the additional info. I think I know what I might have overlooked. I'll take a peek at the code later today.
Also, could you post a screenshot so I can see the type of error you are getting? Thanks.
Try beta 1.16... found a coding error... hopefully the bug is really fixed this time.
alshain Wrote:This is a cool idea!

Too bad it's Windows only, I'd have liked that.
Looks like it's for Linux, too. I'm running Linux Mint 10 and just typed in "mkv" in the Software Manager, the two results that came up are "mkvtoolnix-gui" and "mkvtoolnix". I am installed them both, looks like it's working great.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
compcentral Wrote:Try beta 1.16... found a coding error... hopefully the bug is really fixed this time.

Interestingly, that fixed the "System Volume Information" error, but did not populate the files in the root of my drive. It would seem the error wasn't the issue.

If I move the files into a subfolder it finds them fine, but won't do so with them in the root folder.

hmm.. okay looks like I have a new bug to fix then! LOL.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow when I get a chance.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks4