Blank screen, a lot of crashlog-*.log in home
Asus EB1501 (nvidia ion based pc), installed xbmc-live, added opdenkamp ppa for live tv via hts-tvheadend, it worked good, added yavdr testing ppa for vdr, upgraded (there were nvidia packages to upgrade, something like version 260) added vdr and its server plugin, rebooted, and now I have a blank screen.. and a lot of crashlogs in home.. growing..
here is one of those crashlogs: http://pastebin.com/35RmmS6u, it looks like it's spawning one of these files every 6 seconds, the screen remains blank (but I suspect that it's definitely trying to endlessly start xbmc).

Thanks for the Help.
crashlog does not seem to tell anything valuable except for the fact that everything seems okay with the upgraded nvidia driver.

let's be clear on this, the live distro is not supposed to be subjected to extensive customizing. IF you want to have all that TV and VDR stuff, you'd be on the safe side if you did an XBMCbuntu install.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Can you remove the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml file and see if that fixes anything.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Can you remove the ~/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml file and see if that fixes anything.

Thanks to all! ^_^ This seems to fix it... I cannot understand why (is about 1 week I use that lirc)... but now i works...
It's a bug in the XBMC code, fixed in r35720.
DAMN and I thought the Lirc xml stuff in log must've been unrelated Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
And... I think that this is impossible.. but.. the remote feels.. snappier now.. why? Lircmap is just a mapping of lirc events to xbmc commands... I don't think it has to do something with the interaction... well.. uhm!
oh! I see.. didn't see the reply about the fix.. if it's a bug.. it can behave strange... so it could be normal I feel remote snappier! ^_^

@Hannes: indeed! I was looking ant your sign's link to XBMCBuntu... someday I'll try to start my customizations from almost scratch... thanks for the hint! ^_^
Last thing in the log is about Lircmap.xml, then it crashes, yeah that can't possibly be related :p
hey, did I program the bug, or was it you :p
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Wasn't me Rolleyes
I'd say that, too!
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hello everyone!

I'm gettin used to XBMC and just made my first HTPC on Ubuntu. I LOVE this program! Does everything it needs to be done.

But, I also have this crashlog problem. Everything works perfect, but when I exit from XBMC it creates crashlog to my home folder and it's gettin on my nervs.

I tryed removing Lircmap.xml and chrashlogs are gone! Problem is that my remote doesnt work now... I have Pinnacle PCTV.

Is there any other solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen, a lot of crashlog-*.log in home0