Playback doesn't QUITE fill the screen, but menus do.
So I had to do some reinstalling and finagling - typical windows issues. And They're pretty much straightened out but I'm seeing something with XBMC that I figure must be a simple config issue that I'm missing.

When playing back video, it doesn't fill my tv. It comes so, so close, but It insists on a black border about an inch wide around the screen. As far as video calibration, zoom options, etc are concerned, that seems to be the extent of my screen.

BUT... if I pop back out of video playback, into a menu (even ones where in my skin the video playback continues behind the menus) it fills the screen perfectly with no problem.

Any ideas on what probably obvious change I need to make?

Thanks in advance. :-)
Maybe you have "Sync playback to display" checked in the video options.
Quit XBMC, change the refresh rate to 23Hz (or 24) through your video card's control panel and see if you have underscan.
At least with my ATI card, I have to set the overscan slider to 0% in every resolution independently (first for 1080p@59Hz, then for 1080p@23Hz).

Hope this helps.
You were absolutely right! Thank you!

I spent so much time on this, but never thought that overscan settings would be different for different refresh rates. I changed it for each one in turn and now it works perfectly.

Again, my greatest thanks.
No problem Big Grin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback doesn't QUITE fill the screen, but menus do.0