• 5(current)
Aksala
I've already set it to "2000" but it makes no difference. Oo
this thread is going to be great as a search tool, thanks
You're welcome. Wink
Hitcher Wrote:That's set by the width of the main view control.
Got it! Big Grin

I also had to change "<itemlayout width="148" height="245">". Nod
A new view type: "Mixed". Big Grin

The fan art in the top left corner needs to be moved upward a bit. Nod

I think I might be getting away from Alaska's spirit though. Oo

Off-topic: we need more cube smilies, there are very cool. Cool
Adding new viewtype basically means we are away from the theme concept, aren't we?

I'd suggest to get Aksala implemented as an inverted Alaska theme frst, before adding viewmodes. Would make it much easier to follow any updates to the original Alaska Revisited i think
Guys, you are just awesome!

Would it be possible to insert a "coverflow" . I really love this feature, it is one of the few things i miss in alaska
i love the amount of work you are putting into it but maybe it would be better, like some already stated to first make this into a different skin for the original and only then go about modding the viewtypes.
if it was "only" a skin it could probably be upgrade together with the original much more easily, as it only contains the new colours etc.
if you mod it (which would also be cool) we would then miss out on hitcher new features unless you constantly updated your mod (which would be a lot of work...)
still great job. im sooo looking forward to this black beauty!
I think I'm looking to do something much less intensive, and think I have a quick question. I've made a copy of "defaults.xml" in the "colours" subdirectory, and have played with editing the colors to make a couple of changes... Here's where I'm stuck: the "Background" tag. It's not in the standard "FF000000" scheme I'm used to - it reads "0xfffffafa".

I can change many/most of the other tags, and they all seem to make sense... I would love to try and change the background to a darker colour, but cannot figure out how. (Or, am I looking in the wrong place?)
mischga Wrote:Guys, you are just awesome!

Would it be possible to insert a "coverflow" . I really love this feature, it is one of the few things i miss in alaska
I have been thinking about adding one actually.
DurhamDev Wrote:I think I'm looking to do something much less intensive, and think I have a quick question. I've made a copy of "defaults.xml" in the "colours" subdirectory, and have played with editing the colors to make a couple of changes... Here's where I'm stuck: the "Background" tag. It's not in the standard "FF000000" scheme I'm used to - it reads "0xfffffafa".

I can change many/most of the other tags, and they all seem to make sense... I would love to try and change the background to a darker colour, but cannot figure out how. (Or, am I looking in the wrong place?)
Quote:backgroundcolor
Specifies whether the window needs clearing prior to rendering, and if so which colour to use. Defaults to clearing to black. Set to 0 (or 0x00000000) to have no clearing at all. If your skin always renders opaque textures over the entire screen (eg using a backdrop image or multiple backdrop images) then setting the background color to 0 is the most optimal value and may improve performance significantly on slow GPUs.

So basically use the last 8 digits as normal.
Hitcher Wrote:So basically use the last 8 digits as normal.

I'm missing something, obviously. When I change the tag to the following...

Code:
<color name="Background">0x00000000</color>
...the background remains white. Is there something else I should do to change it? Perhaps another tag I'm missing? (Hmm - I never touched the filter (png) files... Trying now. Possibly this?

EDIT: SUCCESS! (I'm dumb.) I edited the 'filter.png' file to a simple blue background and - voila - I have a blue background. Now, onto some more serious edits! Thanks Hitcher and ddlooping for the inspiration!
0xff000000 for total black but remember we have filters over it so to check the colour try entering a source.
Found what I was looking for -

jmarshall Wrote:If and only if said white texture is _exactly_ one colour.

If it's not exactly one colour then it offers no real benefit to you. It's primarily designed as an optimisation technique - if you never have anything blended against the black background (eg confluence almost always uses a backdrop image) then you don't need any background - you can instead just render on top of whatever was there previously. This prevents a clear operation, which on something like tegra2 at 1080p is 20% of the GPU's bandwidth.

Simple rule:

1. If you always have the screen covered up with opaque textures, set <backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor>
2. If you do have transparent textures, but they're over the top of a predominant solid color that's not black, use <backgroundcolor>white</backgroundcolor>.

You may in fact be able to do some funky effects with some moving transparent images using <backgroundcolor>0 as well :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Ahhhhhh... Now I think I see. Thank you for the info! Time to play with some values!
alexandergoll Wrote:Adding new viewtype basically means we are away from the theme concept, aren't we?

I'd suggest to get Aksala implemented as an inverted Alaska theme frst, before adding viewmodes. Would make it much easier to follow any updates to the original Alaska Revisited i think
Good point. Smile

I think that Hitcher has all the elements to make Aksala a theme (some graphics need tweaking, though).

@Hitcher: please correct me know if I'm wrong. Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aksala0