No audio from video with 1 channel (mono)
Hi,

I have problem with audio from movie with 1-channel (mono) - picture is ok, but no sound is heard. All othere movies (stereo, 5.1) are heard ok.

My setup: computer (w/ nvidia ion) connected to pioneer 519 via hdmi and optical audio, speaker setup is 5.0.
System: ubuntu maverick, xbmc:
Code:
ii  xbmc                                  2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1                        XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
ii  xbmc-bin                              2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1                        XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
ii  xbmc-data                             2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1                        XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
ii  xbmc-dbg                              2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1                        XBMC Media Center (debug package)
ii  xbmc-ppa-keyring                      2009.06.03                                        GnuPG archive keys for the XBMC PPA
ii  xbmc-skin-confluence                  2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1                        XBMC Media Center (Confluence skin)

Here's debug log:
http://daniel.fenert.net/xbmc/xbmc.log.txt

Any help appreciated Smile
This is a bug, seting speaker config to 2.0 should fix it.
You'll still get 5.1 when using passthrough.
bobo1on1 Wrote:This is a bug, seting speaker config to 2.0 should fix it.

Thanks, set to 2.0 for now and works Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:This is a bug, seting speaker config to 2.0 should fix it.

Holy bejebus! I've been searching the forums on and off for weeks now to find out why my old retro tv shows weren't playing on my XBMC Live Asrock ION3D (HDMI video, Optical audio to DTS 5.1 receiver), giving the generic "failed to initialise audio.." error.

They were indeed in mono, changed to 2.0 and now works and still get 5.1 DTS. It would never have occurred to me to switch down to 2.0 from 5.1 even if I'd checked how many channels of audio there was.

Can finally re-watch The Incredible Hulk and Greatest American Hero, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio from video with 1 channel (mono)0