BBC Killa Sample Bird Scene - How many frame drops do you get ?
gav1577 Wrote:I set my tv to 50hz and set av sync method to (video clock) resample audio
to achieve smooth playback with 23.976/24 fps movies.
There is a slight speed up in audio pitch, unnoticeable to most in pal land.
However if you find it noticeable you could use dsplayer and use reclock with pal speed down enabled to take care of pitch correction.

Me too and it works great. The only downside is that you lose your 5.1 (or whatever) discrete multichannel audio in favour of downsampled stereo.

Although I seem to remember reading that the new Audio Engine branch might be able to fix that (by resampling whilst preserving the discrete channels, or did I just totally imagine that....?)
Speaking about movies that drop frames... Doesn't a blu-ray rip of Avatar have peaks past 60mbps?

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:Speaking about movies that drop frames... Doesn't a blu-ray rip of Avatar have peaks past 60mbps?

Shouldn't do. According to the (Wikipedia) blu-ray specs it has "...a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (for both audio and video data), and a maximum video bit rate of 40 Mbit/s."
snowdrift Wrote:Although I seem to remember reading that the new Audio Engine branch might be able to fix that (by resampling whilst preserving the discrete channels, or did I imagine that....?)

That would be great if they could pull that off Smile
snowdrift Wrote:Shouldn't do. According to the Wikipedia blu-ray specs it has "...a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (for both audio and video data), and a maximum video bit rate of 40 Mbit/s."

Man I swear when I was watching a Blu-ray rip I saw some mbps jump way up there... O well, I'll have to look through my movies and see..

vikjon0 Wrote:Can you (or anyone else) recommend a sample library? It would be nice with some reference material. 5.1 sound , different formats of audio & video etc. If we have that we can put together a checklist for what should work on a build.

I'm no expert, but this seams to qualify: http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBC Killa Sample Bird Scene - How many frame drops do you get ?0