help with 360 controller
Know how to get USB 360 controller running in xbmc cause I have yet to get it to work
alexpigment Wrote:If you're using Launcher, open your launchers.xml file (home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/[name of launcher]/launchers.xml). In the emulator location, you reference a script instead of the emulator itself. Then in the arguments, put the emulator location at the beginning. Here's the script you need to reference:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=542...stcount=66

You also need to make that script executable by doing this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=543...stcount=70

The result will be that xbmc is killed while the emulator is opened, and quitting the emulator will run xbmc again and leave you where you left off.

thanks! but im using advanced launcher, and i do not see where this script should go?
joshfokis Wrote:Know how to get USB 360 controller running in xbmc cause I have yet to get it to work

No, and I personally never will know. I'm sorry but I can't help you.
joshfokis Wrote:Know how to get USB 360 controller running in xbmc cause I have yet to get it to work

go wireless. i personally was having the same issue as you and just went wireless using the directions in this thread.
mdoubleok Wrote:thanks! but im using advanced launcher, and i do not see where this script should go?

I was under the impression that Advanced Launcher already ran the script, but obviously I'm mistaken on that.

Do you have a launchers.xml file in the location I specified? I think it's probably something like addons.programs.advancedlauncher or something like that in place of "[name of launcher]" in my last post.
mdoubleok Wrote:thanks! but im using advanced launcher, and i do not see where this script should go?

...or maybe you're asking about where the actual script should go. In that case, SSH into your box and given that you're in your default directory (mine is /home/xbmc) do the following:

1) sudo nano launcher.sh

2) Paste the following:

Code:
/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

3) Press Ctrl+O to write out the file, enter to confirm the name.

4) sudo chmod +x launcher.sh

That's the file you need to reference in your launchers.xml file. For me, the application name becomes "/home/xbmc/launcher.sh"
Looks like I might have to
joshfokis Wrote:Looks like I might have to

I can understand being frustrated that you can't get your current hardware to work. But me personally, I would be more frustrated if I were tethered to my TV by a short cable, *especially* if the solution was under $15 away.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=...Categories

You did say you already owned wireless controllers for your Xbox 360 right?
Yeah I'll just go get the wireless adapter
alexpigment Wrote:...or maybe you're asking about where the actual script should go. In that case, SSH into your box and given that you're in your default directory (mine is /home/xbmc) do the following:

1) sudo nano launcher.sh

2) Paste the following:

Code:
/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
"$@"
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

3) Press Ctrl+O to write out the file, enter to confirm the name.

4) sudo chmod +x launcher.sh

That's the file you need to reference in your launchers.xml file. For me, the application name becomes "/home/xbmc/launcher.sh"

Thanks worked perfect! i sent you a pm about mupenplus regarding the controller.
mdoubleok Wrote:Thanks worked perfect! i sent you a pm about mupenplus regarding the controller.

I figured I'd post my response here in case it was helpful to anyone else. My config file for the N64 controller mapping can be found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=630...stcount=32

I believe this is stored in /home/[user]/.config/mupen64plus/
I think it's ~/.config/mupen64plus
TheHazel3yes Wrote:I think it's ~/.config/mupen64plus

That sounds about right Smile I've edited my last post. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with 360 controller0