[MAC] Read BluRay from HDD?
Hi,

I'm a new mac user (10.6) and with my new computer I'm now able to read real full hd content so I tried to read a full bluray from my hdd in xbmc but it doesn't work. Bluray is detected (see my second question below) but when I try to read nothing happens. So I have two questions :

- is it possible to read a bluray from hdd (with bdmv and certificate folders)?

- When i put my folder where my bluray is stored, xbmc detects and displays the movie about twenty times if I select scan subfolders and detect nothing if I don't select it. Can I have only one movie for each bluray?

I use XBMC 10.0 from December 18th, 2010

Hope someone can help me to find how to read bluray. Thanks
You can play the individual m2ts files, but currently XBMC doesn't play Blu-Rays (either as discs, ISOs, or a directory structure) so you won't get menus and such, and movies like Wall-E will involve successfully navigating 170+ short clips.

Best bet, if you ask me, is to ram that lot through MakeMKV, and you can extract each title off the disc and put it into a single .mkv file. Reduces the storage overhead (especially if you remove extra soundtracks that you won't need), and XBMC seems to have an easier time with them.

If you just want the movie, it's ideal. If you want all the "special features", less so.
That's a lot of things to do, I was hoping everything works out of the box. I think I will stay away from Bluray until xbmc manage it. It will be the easier thing to do for now.

Thanks again for the quick answer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Read BluRay from HDD?0