fanart instead of visualization
This feature works great, but if I make a playlist and play from that, the fanart no longer shows. Is this a bug or known issue?
can't reproduce i'm afraid.

how did you create the playlist?

is it a 'smart playlist' or did you use the 'playlist editor' ?
both methods work fine with fanart on my end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:can't reproduce i'm afraid.

how did you create the playlist?

is it a 'smart playlist' or did you use the 'playlist editor' ?
both methods work fine with fanart on my end.

If I create it using the playlist editor or just queuing the songs from My Music to Now Playing and then saving, no fanart visualization. The only way it works is if I don't save it, just make a playlist on the fly. Using 3.11.1 and latest stable XBMC.
xbmc17 Wrote:This feature works great, but if I make a playlist and play from that, the fanart no longer shows. Is this a bug or known issue?

Where is this feature? Is it an addon? If so, where is it?

thanks in advance.
xbmc17 Wrote:If I create it using the playlist editor or just queuing the songs from My Music to Now Playing and then saving, no fanart visualization. The only way it works is if I don't save it, just make a playlist on the fly. Using 3.11.1 and latest stable XBMC.

weird...any fanart related errors in the debug log?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:weird...any fanart related errors in the debug log?

You mean the XBMC standard log correct? No, nothing about fanart at all. Very strange.
xbmc17 Wrote:You mean the XBMC standard log correct? No, nothing about fanart at all. Very strange.

nope, debug log.
Settings > System > Enable debug logging
ronie Wrote:nope, debug log.
Settings > System > Enable debug logging

Sorry yes, that's what i meant, nothing there.

I renamed my profile, reconfigured everything and re-scanned my library and now it works! Thanks for your help ronie.
Very strange, this has happened again, any saved playlists just show the default fanart instead of the artist. Even stranger, I have not upgraded anything since this started. The only way to get fanart is if I just make a playlist on the fly in the library/now playing views.
xbmc17 Wrote:Very strange, this has happened again, any saved playlists just show the default fanart instead of the artist. Even stranger, I have not upgraded anything since this started. The only way to get fanart is if I just make a playlist on the fly in the library/now playing views.

Any idea what I should look for in the log in terms of when the fanart is/is not loading for an artist?
xbmc17 Wrote:Any idea what I should look for in the log in terms of when the fanart is/is not loading for an artist?

not really...it may need even spit out an error.

pastebin a Debug Log and i'll have a peek.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart instead of visualization0