Autoexec.py functionality in XBMC Dharma and later?
Question 
Hi,

Can somebody please explain the reasoning behind changing the autoexec.py feature to a single unmanaged autoexec.py file located under /userdata/ instead of an a script by script basis.

How are uninstalled plugins managed, I imagine the autoexec line is still left dangling?

Right now I'm using a snipplet of python code that locates the line in the file, creating it if it doesn't already exist but there's no way to remove this on uninstall nor is there a way to make sure other addons are behaving properly and not deleting my line.

I just find the current approach very immature, is this something that's being considered, and if not is it likely that if I code this functionality myself, it would be added into xbmc?

Thank you,
Drew
this is exactly why we have introduced service add-ons post dharma... plus all we changed was its location, it was just as unorganized sitting in the scripts/ folder.
Big Grin Yay!

Well I can definitely hold out until Service Addons functionality gets implemented, I've only been using XBMC for a few days now and already it just keeps getting better and better.

I'm starting a new job later this month that requires that I understand python so I thought what better way than creating addons for this great project in my spare time, so hopefully you'll see a few plugins from me soon.

Getting ready to release my first one (https://github.com/drewzh/xbmcfilecleaner) in a few days after testing.

Thanks very much for your swift reply,
Drew
Looks like a cool add-on; welcome to XBMC Smile

You should start a thread for your add-on in the appropriate forum. That way you can get more people to test it, and a unified place for people to leave feedback , etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoexec.py functionality in XBMC Dharma and later?0